PDA

View Full Version : Tuberculosis Test

Mrs.P
18th July 2012, 13:50
Can anyone please advise where to get Tb test? Is there a hospital accredited by UKBA here in the Philippines?

Marie
18th July 2012, 15:06
Hello Mrs. P...you mean a chest x-ray...any hospitals here in the Philippines ...you can walk-in or have the recommendation from your family doctor.....

my daughter and I just finished yesterday....by the way...is anyone here experienced about this Pneumonia ...I asked this because they found out that my daughter has this on her lower left lung...but her pediatrician prescribed her the medicine for seven days....and she said that it is not that serious....will this affect our entry to the UK ?

Mrs.P
18th July 2012, 15:33
Hello Mrs. P...you mean a chest x-ray...any hospitals here in the Philippines ...you can walk-in or have the recommendation from your family doctor.....

my daughter and I just finished yesterday....by the way...is anyone here experienced about this Pneumonia ...I asked this because they found out that my daughter has this on her lower left lung...but her pediatrician prescribed her the medicine for seven days....and she said that it is not that serious....will this affect our entry to the UK ?

Hi Marie, thanks for replying. Yeah actually i have a cousin who's a doctor. she said she does this daw, i just wanna make sure there's no accredited hospital yet.

Terpe
18th July 2012, 18:49
Hi Marie, thanks for replying. Yeah actually i have a cousin who's a doctor. she said she does this daw, i just wanna make sure there's no accredited hospital yet.

The UKBA does neither stipulates the requirement of a chest X-Ray nor a medical certificate of any kind. As such there is no UKBA accredited hospital,medical centre or facility.

After the granting of a visa some folks get a chest X-Ray but it's not a requirement. Upon arrival at Heathrow airport there is a small chance that the immigration officer will ask you for a chest x-ray. If you don't have one, they may suggest to get one with 6 months or they may direct you to the airport x-ray facility.

It has been stated by UKBA that a chest x-ray for arrivals from Philippines will be mandatory soon but as yet no confirmation.

The choice is yours. Some do some don't have x-ray after granting of visa.

Hope this helps to allay your fears.

webclinician
18th July 2012, 21:52
they will just bee looking for your bcg scar and x-ray.
don't pay for anything extra.
just go to a hospital and not in the over the bakod surgery