PDA

View Full Version : To All The European/Filipina Married Couple, kindly please enlighten me.

jessiebear
19th July 2012, 15:08
I am dumbfounded.

I just want to know how do you guys found each other and got married eventually?
I'm 33 and I have been searching for someone and I did, but recently broken up with me.
I'm a good girlfriend and I always take care of my bf. I am very hard to get as I'm searching for who's willing to make a commitment and I don't fool around but once I do, I give my best shot at everything but it's always not enough. All my exes contact me after they dumped me from cheating or from deceit or from lying but I never go back. Two of my friends are wonderfully married to a very romantic guys who gushes their love all over Facebook and they're even proud of them. I'm not here for money nor for status. I just wanted a guy who can commit and take me to UK, not to lived there but to be with his family and friends and be able to go for vacation.

I wanted a simple life with a family on my own. It seems that today's world is tough, cruel and complicated.

I need your guidance on how you guys manage to get married? I know it's tough and lots of work and commitment has been put to it.

Steve.r
19th July 2012, 15:26
I guess it is tough to get a good man in Musqat right? :Erm: I didn't think there would be many Brits in Oman or maybe I am thinking about Yeman

melovesengland
19th July 2012, 15:49
All I can say is take more time, dont seek and just patiently wait for the right one to arrive. Rushing things wont do you any good, trust me. Time will come you will find the love that youve been longing and waiting for whether a british man or not as long as you will feel secured, loved, cared and you both understand as well as respect eachothers feelings and thoughts. :)

Hope things will clear with you soon. :)

sars_notd_virus
19th July 2012, 16:00
I need your guidance on how you guys manage to get married? I know it's tough and lots of work and commitment has been put to it.

yes it takes a lot of effort being in a relationship and marriage.... both of you needs to give your 50% share in the relationship , the other 50% you should leave for yourself !!!;):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
19th July 2012, 16:06
50% share in the relationship , the other 50% you should leave for yourself !!!

you hit the spot:icon_lol::D sars..very well said:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

NotYou
19th July 2012, 22:41
Lots of UK expats in Muscat, Oman. Not so many in Yemen. Most men want sex, Pinays seem to want immediate 'soul mates' and marriage + and happy ever after until I find a better financial prospect? And yes I expect some people not to read this properly and commence abuse.

maccauk11
21st July 2012, 17:03
hi iw as with my partner for three years until we got married. SHe waited patiently while i was in the uk working and travelled to see her twice a year. SO if you show commitment to her she will be loyal to you help her and her family a little

Rhose
6th August 2012, 17:23
be patience, you should consider the real desire of your heart. In God's time, he has something for you. Don't look just wait and it will come unto you. Before I got married with my British husband it took time for us to be in a relationship, for us to know each other. And always Pray if you really want because there's always an answer of what you ask, though it's not that what you want but it's more than what you expected. God bless!!

Mags89
7th August 2012, 09:27
Sorry but am I the only one that questions your motives for marriage? You want to marry someone and you include because you want to have vacations plus it does seem that you want to marry just to leave your home country. I hope I'm wrong and you have true intentions but I guess there are many in the Philippines that marry for this reason.

Steve.r
7th August 2012, 12:34
Sorry but am I the only one that questions your motives for marriage? You want to marry someone and you include because you want to have vacations plus it does seem that you want to marry just to leave your home country. I hope I'm wrong and you have true intentions but I guess there are many in the Philippines that marry for this reason.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rhose
9th August 2012, 12:34
:xxgrinning--00xx3: you're right!

Eyes O'Donnell
9th August 2012, 12:45

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ian S
10th August 2012, 00:28
I think you're maybe being a little tough on her. Maybe she does look forward to meeting someone she can travel with on holiday, whats wrong with that? At least she's being honest about it and not trying to hide anything. She's already said that it's not about the money.

Anyway Jessiebear I found my wife on a online dating site called Filipina Cupid. You just need to be carefull, you will meet many more like you have already met. If meeting somebody that way, you need to get to know them well before you take things further. But after time you will find Mr Right.

Goodluck and be carefull.

malditako
10th August 2012, 14:07
all i can say is don't settle for less than what you wanted in a man. Better find a man who will treat you like a princess. It is always right to settle with a man whom you love, compatible with your interest and a financially stable man to feed a hungry stomach and would be able to take for a treat shopping once in a while :)

Mags89
11th August 2012, 13:07
I think you're maybe being a little tough on her. Maybe she does look forward to meeting someone she can travel with on holiday, whats wrong with that? At least she's being honest about it and not trying to hide anything. She's already said that it's not about the money.

Anyway Jessiebear I found my wife on a online dating site called Filipina Cupid. You just need to be carefull, you will meet many more like you have already met. If meeting somebody that way, you need to get to know them well before you take things further. But after time you will find Mr Right.

Goodluck and be carefull.

Your advise is good that these sites have to be treated with caution; they were never for me but I realise that they are a good 'resource' for many people.

I'm all for people being honest but doesn't mean I have to agree with those motives.

She says she wants to meet someone to take her to the UK! Did you know that there used to be a 5th piece of legislation that had to be complied with to get a partner visa; you had to prove that immigration was not a motive for the relationship.