PDA

View Full Version : Love Tax & This Is Immigration Control By Economics

IainBusby
23rd July 2007, 14:38
Some interesting opinions here on ECO's, UK Immigration Fees and UK Immigration Policy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/F?thread=3957340

Alan
23rd July 2007, 20:04
Hello Iain,

Newbie Alan here. A very interesting post - thank you for that. I must admit to being still rather 'green' in terms of the 'subjective' decisions that are made at immigration. However, I have already made a decision in terms of myself.
If my new bride Hanna is not granted her visa for the UK then I shall go to join her in the Phils - I have no doubts about that.
As a consequence (please do not read any egocentricity in my next statement) the UK will lose another GOOD teacher.
Once again, thank you for your welcoming message - hope to speak again soon.
By the way, I have tried to upload a photo of Hanna and myself - only 46kb - well below the limit - but it has refused to accept it. Hmmmmm.

Peanutz
23rd July 2007, 20:48
Some interesting opinions here on ECO's, UK Immigration Fees and UK Immigration Policy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/F?thread=3957340

What about make our voice heard by everyone? All immigrants and not? what about organizing a camp in front of the Home Office? Someone should take a step, if we want our rights to be heard we have to be all in unison...:cwm34:

baboyako
23rd July 2007, 22:05
:Erm: so that's where all the GOOD teachers went! :D :CompBuster:

Liliput39
23rd July 2007, 23:11
Honestly, baboyako! Did you have to have that picture?? You look really crunchy..........hmmm lechon!

joebloggs
23rd July 2007, 23:53
well next year there will be a big overhaul of the visa process, the gov says it's to simplify it, and i'm sure it will start in april, and no doubt with an increase in the fees again. I'm wondering what the gov will do, and i'm wondering if they will change the appeal process as it gets bogged down in this lengthly process, maybe change it so there is no right to appeal, and you will have to re-apply and pay again, also have to convince the case worker that the reasons for refusal have been delt with in the newer app.

and with immigration becoming a major talking point in politics, did anyone watch the program on BBC1 tonight about immigration ? , will it be more difficult for a non european to get a visa ? . looks like it could be, with the talk of raising the minimum age of a spouse visa to 21, a new points system, similar to australia's, the increase in visa fees, changes in workpermits, from needing to be in the uk from 4 to 5 years to be able to apply for ILR, the sneaky changes in the 10yr rule for those applying for ILR, if their visa expires and they apply to renew thier visa from outside the uk, their 10yr clock is reset. changes in nursing , many jobs requiring a workpermit now, as do SHO doctors if they are from outside europe, and they have little chance of getting it.

as i've said many times the gov cannot stop europeans coming to the uk, they really :censored: with not putting a limit on the numbers coming from eastern europe, they have now on the bulgarians and romanians, but thats for only 7 years, then its a free for all again, so what does the gov do? they can make it harder for non europeans to get a visa. the visa process has always been unfair, some case worker somewhere in the uk has the power to say wether your husband, wife or children can come and live in the uk with you. :NoNo: but europeans can come and live here :NoNo:

Liliput39
24th July 2007, 00:26
well next year there will be a big overhaul of the visa process, the gov says it's to simplify it, and i'm sure it will start in april, and no doubt with an increase in the fees again. I'm wondering what the gov will do, and i'm wondering if they will change the appeal process as it gets bogged down in this lengthly process, maybe change it so there is no right to appeal, and you will have to re-apply and pay again, also have to convince the case worker that the reasons for refusal have been delt with in the newer app.

and with immigration becoming a major talking point in politics, did anyone watch the program on BBC1 tonight about immigration ? , will it be more difficult for a non european to get a visa ? . looks like it could be, with the talk of raising the minimum age of a spouse visa to 21, a new points system, similar to australia's, the increase in visa fees, changes in workpermits, from needing to be in the uk from 4 to 5 years to be able to apply for ILR, the sneaky changes in the 10yr rule for those applying for ILR, if their visa expires and they apply to renew thier visa from outside the uk, their 10yr clock is reset. changes in nursing , many jobs requiring a workpermit now, as do SHO doctors if they are from outside europe, and they have little chance of getting it.

as i've said many times the gov cannot stop europeans coming to the uk, they really :censored: with not putting a limit on the numbers coming from eastern europe, they have now on the bulgarians and romanians, but thats for only 7 years, then its a free for all again, so what does the gov do? they can make it harder for non europeans to get a visa. the visa process has always been unfair, some case worker somewhere in the uk has the power to say wether your husband, wife or children can come and live in the uk with you. :NoNo: but europeans can come and live here :NoNo:

Reading this makes me :cwm23:, because it reminds me of the resentment I felt when I came in this country and found out that others seem to get in the country just like that - so many politically correct :censored: here. When I went to my interview for my visa application, it was like rigid interview, making sure that I will not be sponging from the government, and guess what I found?? I found myself working in this country, paying my tax to support who knows:furious3: to get them a house etc. I don't mind if it is genuine 'couldn't work', but there are those who take the mickey!!:NoNo: I think it is very unfair that they will make it more harder and expensive for non europeans to get visa, afterall us Filipinas/Filipinos are hardworking people and used to working for ourselves and not asking help from the government as we don't have that in our country, provided we're given the chance to work that is.

joebloggs
24th July 2007, 00:46
because of immigration being in the media all the time, the gov is getting worried that voters will think its doing nothing about it, its started to, but i think unfairly , all the changes i've mentioned in my previous post are about stopping skilled workers coming here and spouses who are non europeans, its not going to effect the 100,000's who will keep coming to the uk from europe every year..

it showed in the program 6 or 7 polish adults living in one house, and only paying one community charge btw them, yet they all have access to the services the council provide.

the tv program was filmed in slough, the makers of the tv program stopped 200 people in the street, and asked where they were from, and 140 of them were not british :omg:

read about the tv program here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/6908390.stm

Peanutz
24th July 2007, 09:08
because of immigration being in the media all the time, the gov is getting worried that voters will think its doing nothing about it, its started to, but i think unfairly , all the changes i've mentioned in my previous post are about stopping skilled workers coming here and spouses who are non europeans, its not going to effect the 100,000's who will keep coming to the uk from europe every year..

it showed in the program 6 or 7 polish adults living in one house, and only paying one community charge btw them, yet they all have access to the services the council provide.

the tv program was filmed in slough, the makers of the tv program stopped 200 people in the street, and asked where they were from, and 140 of them were not british :omg:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/6908390.stm

I really need to apply my Italian citizenship before coming there in UK! It seems like immigration will not make it easier for everyone...:yikes: