PDA

View Full Version : Philippines workers in Saudi 'on hunger strike'

joebloggs
22nd July 2012, 19:31
another warning to OFW's

Nearly 180 Filipino workers are said to be on hunger strike in Saudi Arabian capital Riyadh to protest alleged abuse from authorities and employers, and illegal recruitment, reported the Philippine Online Chronicles.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/philippines-workers-in-saudi-on-hunger-strike--466836.html

lastlid
22nd July 2012, 19:39
I know it seems a bit over the top but this is the kind of reason I didn't fly my wife across on Saudi Arabian airlines, despite the potentially cheaper flights. I just didn't want her to be left in a difficult position while in transit there.

CBM
22nd July 2012, 23:23
I see that the Philippines have just sent a mission to Syria to try to repatriate Pinoys and Pinays there - the scary thing is that many people are still being sent there by unscrupulous recruiters!

CBM
3rd August 2012, 07:56
Another horror story about Pinoys in Saudi Arabia:

http://www.interaksyon.com/article/39282/unemployed-stranded-pinoys-in-saudi-selling-blood-to-survive---migrante

joebloggs
3rd August 2012, 10:57
when i was coming back from the phils in May, i was in a long queue of filipina's at Changi airport, many had suitcases with their address of where they were going, most were Arab states, i was thinking then some of them would be in for a shock :cwm24:

tiger31
3rd August 2012, 15:56
why do philippinos constantly ignore warnings about working for arabs i know poverty is one of the reasons they ignore the warnings .the goverment needs to educate their citizens lot better to what to expect may happen if they go to these arab states .their countries cities are built on the backs of other nations labour and in turn treat them like .... .any philippino woman that falls in love with an arab don,t know what they are getting themselves into .end of rant

andy222
3rd August 2012, 17:30
The phillipine government should protect its people from going there in the first place. Talk about shutting the stable door when the horses bolted?:rolleyes:
See what I mean another muslim country. Always trouble.

grahamw48
4th August 2012, 11:47
The Phils Govt. (ie the governing families) don't care.

They're making too much money out of this rent-a-slave trade.