PDA

View Full Version : advice for planning to get married here in ukhi

jelyn12
25th July 2012, 15:23
hi to everyone,

me and my boyfriend now are planning to get married here in england,he is british and me is filipino,we have a schedule for appointment at 31 of july this next tuesday at designated registration office and are married schedule at 25 of aug,how they will give use a certificate that we need to be able to get married in 25 of aug.

so we can go on to next step to apply a spouse visa,but my worried now is my visa will run out on early beginning of Oct.this year my visa status is domestic working which is entitled for 1 year which is 1 year this October,do anybody thinks if is still possible to me to get a spouse visa while the changes now in home office for sponsoring is so strict?
thank for any comments at advice..

melovesengland
25th July 2012, 17:11
Where abouts in the midlands are you? Im from Lincoln. :)

aprilmaejon
26th July 2012, 09:39
so we can go on to next step to apply a spouse visa,but my worried now is my visa will run out on early beginning of Oct.this year my visa status is domestic working which is entitled for 1 year which is 1 year this October,do anybody thinks if is still possible to me to get a spouse visa while the changes now in home office for sponsoring is so strict?
thank for any comments at advice..

Hi Jelyn,
How are you?
With regards to your situation, you can still apply for an FLR(M) with the amount of time your visa has left. You don't have to apply spousal visa since you are already here in England...you will only apply for a a spousal visa if you are outside the UK. What I'm saying is, instead of spousal visa, you do need to apply for an FLR(M) or Further leave to Remain "Marriage" after you got married. It is more likely the same as spousal visa.

You don't have plenty of time though since your visa will runs out on October and you're getting married on August...my suggestion is, as early as possible, gather all the requirements for the FLR(M) application so after the wedding you could immediately submit your requirements to the UKBA. If you do that, you will be fine.

aprilmaejon
26th July 2012, 09:50
From UKBA website: [When should you apply?
You must be in the UK when you make your application, and you must apply before your current permission to stay expires. We encourage you to apply 28 days before the expiry date, but you can choose to apply earlier than this.]

In my case, I applied less than 28 days. I submitted my requirements by post May 7, and my visa expiration date is June 1.

For more information about FLR(M) application, click this link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/

Hope it answers your questions. :-)

jelyn12
26th July 2012, 11:01
hi April,
I'am alright thank you,and how are you too?
thank you so much its help alot your advice and makes me feel better as me and my partner having hard time now all about this new rules of home office.

thanks jelyn:)

aprilmaejon
26th July 2012, 11:29
hi April,
I'am alright thank you,and how are you too?
thank you so much its help alot your advice and makes me feel better as me and my partner having hard time now all about this new rules of home office.

thanks jelyn:)

My pleasure to help Jelyn.
Just do what I said - gather the requirements starting today. Don't do my mistake which was I gathered the papers necessary just after our wedding, that's why I submitted mine quite delayed. I am still lucky though, got my FLR(M) permit in just 10 weeks.

In my own judgement, I think you two need to submit proof of your genuine relationship. Pictures of you being together.

Are you living together now? If that's the case, make sure you've got proof of address with your name on or in joint name if possible ( water, electricity and gas bills/ council tax, tv license, telephone). It takes week or couple of weeks to get this one if you still don't have it, so work on it as early as possible.