PDA

View Full Version : Ginatilan

Alan
24th July 2007, 14:38
Hi again everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this question. (I am sure I shall get told if not.)
I have already discovered that there are quite a few people from Cebu on the site. However, does anyone come from, or know of, Ginatilan which is where my Hanna currently resides?

Alan

Mrs Daddy
24th July 2007, 18:41
hhhmmm:Erm: am not sure? why whats up with that place alan:)

Alan
24th July 2007, 20:22
Nothing important really. Just wondered, as there seem to be quite a few 'Cebuanos' (is that the right expression?) whether anyone knew about the province in the very south of the island.

gingging
24th July 2007, 20:31
Welcome to the forum Alan and Hanna, Ricky and Gingx2

Liliput39
24th July 2007, 21:55
Hi Guys/Gals

I'm from Cebu, but I'm not sure I've heard of Ginatilan, and I thought I heard about most of the places there. To all Cebuanas, hello!!!!!!!!!!!:Hellooo:

Alan
25th July 2007, 11:51
Ging and Rick, thank you for your thoughtful welcome message.

Liliput, Ginatilan is a small town on the South West corner of the island. It is a 3 1/2 hour bus ride from the terminal in Cebu. It starts to climb the mountain at Carcar and all the passengers are thrown all over the bus as it winds its way up and down the mountain.
Ginatilan is about an hour further south than Moalboal.

Alan

Ping
25th July 2007, 13:05
oh yeah,its the first time i heard of that name of place in cebu.

cryingbaby
25th July 2007, 13:56
Hi again everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this question. (I am sure I shall get told if not.)
I have already discovered that there are quite a few people from Cebu on the site. However, does anyone come from, or know of, Ginatilan which is where my Hanna currently resides?

Alan

Hi Alan, I think the spelling is 'Guinatilan'? does salamanca hills mean anything to you? & Looc beach? if so, we got the right place. :):)

Ann07
25th July 2007, 15:22
hi alan

im ann from cebu but now in uk. Yes i know that place its a province of cebu. its in the south of cebu. i would say people there are so nice coz i used to travel in the south and had worked there and people were so nice.

Goodluck to you.
ann

vbkelly
25th July 2007, 15:45
Hi again everyone,

Alan

i dont know that place and never heard that name, what parts of philippines?
im from BOHOL is part of visayas and DAVAO CITY is part of mindanao

Alan
25th July 2007, 16:46
Gosh - Didn't think this thread would last this long.

It is definitely Ginatilan and it in the South of Cebu.

Ann - at last someone has heard of the place. You are right, the people in Ginatilan are SOOO nice. Hanna and I went for a swim one day and a lady came out of her house (on the beach) and asked where I was from. I told her I was from England and she asked Hanna and I to dine with her and her husband so that she could find out more about England. She made sinigang - chicken sisig - and loads of other goodies. BEAUTIFUL!! Would any of us Brits do that for complete strangers?

Alan.

Liliput39
25th July 2007, 22:50
My geography/sense of direction is terrible, we have been going to Bluewater shopping mall for years now but still not quite sure my way there, so apology for sounding :doh :Erm::Erm::rolleyes:

I think the farthest I'd visited was where the 'Kawasan Falls' is that way, and in the opposite directions 'Bantayan Island'. I wonder if that place in Danao City where you can buy nice rosquellos still exist?:rolleyes:

aug06_2006
26th July 2007, 14:51
Hello Alan,

We had been there in Ginatilan..we visited of my Auntys friends during their Barrio fiesta and then we proceeded in the 'KAWASAN FALLS' we went the 1st, 2nd falls and also to the top the main sources of water. Very nice there we enjoyed!

Alan
29th July 2007, 15:38
I agree - Kawasan Falls well worth the visit (and the walk.)