PDA

View Full Version : Schengen visa enquiries.

aprilmaejon
29th July 2012, 15:54
Hi everyone,

I just received my FLR and will have an interview for a national insurance number application 3 weeks from now.

Me and my husband are planning to have a holiday like France or Spain. I have heard about Schengen visa, and I have read one conversation here about the application process but still I am a bit confused, that's why I'm posting few questions about that here.

1. Do I need to have my national insurance number first before applying for a travel insurance? Is travel insurance very necessary in applying for the visa?

2. Do we need to book the date of our holiday and flights first?
(in a Schengen application sheet, there's a blank space there for the date of arrival and departure)

3. In short list, what are the requirements for applying?

4. How long would it take to receive the visa if granted?

5. Am I only allowed to travel with my husband?

6. If I will apply for just a single entry this year, can I apply for another Schengen visa the same year?

I hope someone will give me some answers. I'm a bit lost about this Schengen visa thingy...Thank you in advance. X x x

jlags90
29th July 2012, 16:11
Arthur once talked about this schengen visa thing before. I can't find the thread though...
I am also eager to have my FLR lodged so I will be able to apply for that visa...
Good luck!

Bluebirdjones
30th July 2012, 11:12
1. Do I need to have my national insurance number first before applying for a travel insurance? Is travel insurance very necessary in applying for the visa?
NO NO

NO

4. How long would it take to receive the visa if granted
USUALLY ABOUT 1 WEEK

6. If I will apply for just a single entry this year, can I apply for another Schengen visa the same year?
YES

aprilmaejon
30th July 2012, 13:00
Thanks for answering most of my questions Bluebirdjones.

maya12
31st July 2012, 02:23
im in Uk now, we are planing to go US for our honey. is it possible to apply a visa. I have a fiance visa at the moment...Is this possible?

Marie
31st July 2012, 07:59
hello...I am now 10 days here in UK...do I need to apply now for FLR...what's the requirements for this and where can I file....for now I've already applied for the bank account and the GP registration was done....what's next? thanks and God Bless everyone...

LeoLady
31st July 2012, 08:08
Marie are you married here? if so you can apply it as soon as you hold your married certificate. have a look with their site http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/

hello...I am now 10 days here in UK...do I need to apply now for FLR...what's the requirements for this and where can I file....for now I've already applied for the bank account and the GP registration was done....what's next? thanks and God Bless everyone...

Marie
31st July 2012, 08:15
yes Leolady..I am married to a britman...thank you so much

Marie
31st July 2012, 08:24
sorry...seems that I am in this category already coz I applied for the spouse visa....

Terpe
31st July 2012, 08:43
im in Uk now, we are planing to go US for our honey. is it possible to apply a visa. I have a fiance visa at the moment...Is this possible?

On a Philippine passport you will not be eligible to travel to the US on the Visa Waiver Program.
Means you need to have a visa for entry into the United States. Your visa application will entail personal appearance and interview at the US Embassy.
Check out the US Embassy website for details of how to arrange a personal appointment for an interview with a US consular officer.

Be warned it can take quite quite an effort and a quite some time to secure an appointment.

Terpe
31st July 2012, 09:11
3. In short list, what are the requirements for applying?

The General Requirements Are:-

The applicant must be resident in the UK. Foreign nationals residing in the UK will have been granted leave to remain for more than 6 months

The applicant's UK visa must exceed the return date of the proposed trip by more than THREE months

The applicant's passport must exceed the return date of the proposed trip by more than THREE months and must have a full blank VISA PAGE for the visa

If the applicant is in the UK as a dependant s/he will be required to produce his/her original marriage/birth certificate along with the original passport of the person they are depending on.

Check out the application form.

The latest harmonised form is here (http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/application_form_english.pdf)

5. Am I only allowed to travel with my husband?

No, you could travel with a friend or travel alone.
However, In this case you would need to make a standard application.
You'll need to pay the full fee, show funds and health insurance etc, show your UK spouse visa and evidence that you'll return to the UK (relatively easy for UK residents)
Follow this and you'll be able to travel without your husband.

By travelling together with your UK (EU) spouse there is no fee and the procedure is very simple and quick.
Your marriage certificate and your spouses UK (EU) passport as evidence of marriage to an EEA national.

There are a number of very good and detailed threads on Schenghen Visa. A quick search will reveal plenty of very helpful info.

Michael Parnham
31st July 2012, 10:32
Why not stay in England for your honeymoon instead of going to gun cultured USA, Explore beautiful Britain.

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 12:28
NO NO

NO

[/B]

Based on my research, the requirement's required are the following...it includes the travel insurance and the proof of the visit which will be the flights and etc...

The documents required are:

Your Schengen visa application form

Use the standard Schengen visa application form.
Submit the required number of copies.
When you take out an AXA Schengen travel insurance policy, you will be given an insurance certificate. This is a personal document that you must print out and send to the consulate.

Passport

Your passport must be valid for three months after the expiry date of the visa you are applying for.

Purpose of visit

You must submit documents stating not only the purpose of your trip but the conditions in which you are travelling as well.

Means of transport: for example, a return air ticket, proof of transport by car, train, etc.
The purpose of your trip: this might simply be proof of reservation of a tourist trip. But it might also be an invitation from one of your friends or relatives…
The money needed for your trip: you must demonstrate that you have the requisite financial resources to cover your needs throughout your trip. Requirements may differ from country to country in the Schengen area, so please check with the embassies and consulates of the countries concerned for details of those requirements.
The conditions in which you will be accommodated during your trip – a hotel reservation, for example. In some cases, additional information may be requested by the authorities of the countries concerned.

Those questions will be set out in the visa application form. Don’t forget to provide the proofs with the application form.

Schengen travel insurance

To obtain a visa, you will need travel insurance to cover the costs of repatriation and emergency medical expenses worth at least €30,000. The AXA Schengen insurance policy meets the requirements for obtaining a Schengen visa. The insurance certificate must be presented at the time of delivery of the visa.

:-?

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 12:31
Why not stay in England for your honeymoon instead of going to gun cultured USA, Explore beautiful Britain.

Absolutely right. Explore Europe first before USA.

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 12:44

I you came here under spousal visa, there's no need for you to apply for FLR(M) or Further Leave to Remain- Marriage. This is only for the ones who came here using their Fiancé Visa. You just need to wait for 2 years so you can apply for an ILR or Indefinite leave to Remain. Apply for a Nino or a National insurance number if you are planning to work.

Terpe
31st July 2012, 13:33
Based on my research, the requirement's required are the following...it includes the travel insurance and the proof of the visit which will be the flights and etc...

The documents required are:

Your Schengen visa application form

Use the standard Schengen visa application form.
Submit the required number of copies.
When you take out an AXA Schengen travel insurance policy, you will be given an insurance certificate. This is a personal document that you must print out and send to the consulate.

Passport

Your passport must be valid for three months after the expiry date of the visa you are applying for.

Purpose of visit

You must submit documents stating not only the purpose of your trip but the conditions in which you are travelling as well.

Means of transport: for example, a return air ticket, proof of transport by car, train, etc.
The purpose of your trip: this might simply be proof of reservation of a tourist trip. But it might also be an invitation from one of your friends or relatives…
The money needed for your trip: you must demonstrate that you have the requisite financial resources to cover your needs throughout your trip. Requirements may differ from country to country in the Schengen area, so please check with the embassies and consulates of the countries concerned for details of those requirements.
The conditions in which you will be accommodated during your trip – a hotel reservation, for example. In some cases, additional information may be requested by the authorities of the countries concerned.

Those questions will be set out in the visa application form. Don’t forget to provide the proofs with the application form.

Schengen travel insurance

To obtain a visa, you will need travel insurance to cover the costs of repatriation and emergency medical expenses worth at least €30,000. The AXA Schengen insurance policy meets the requirements for obtaining a Schengen visa. The insurance certificate must be presented at the time of delivery of the visa.

:-?

That information is only correct if you will not be travelling with your UK spouse and you intend to make a standard application.

If you will travel with your UK spouse that research information is incorrect.
Just review the application form and check out those questions indicated with an "*"

Good luck whichever route you decide to take.
You will find it quite complex to secure a schenghen visa if you wish to go ahead without travelling with your UK spouse.

Hope this will help clarify :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Marie
31st July 2012, 16:42
I you came here under spousal visa, there's no need for you to apply for FLR(M) or Further Leave to Remain- Marriage. This is only for the ones who came here using their Fiancé Visa. You just need to wait for 2 years so you can apply for an ILR or Indefinite leave to Remain. Apply for a Nino or a National insurance number if you are planning to work.

hi April...how can I apply for this NINO...what are the requirments?

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 18:27
Hope this will help clarify :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Terpe, thank you so much for the clarification. :-)

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 18:34
hi April...how can I apply for this NINO...what are the requirments?

Hi Marie,

Call this number 0845 600 0643 or if you want more information about this national insurance, click this link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/number.htm

I hope it help. :-)