PDA

View Full Version : Step-daughters over 18

george
2nd August 2012, 13:34
Hi!
I'm looking for some assistance here regarding my dilemma. My wife is applying under spouse visa for settlement and we will be bringing the girls (ages 20 and 18) with us. Which forms and appendixes should we use for the girls as VAF4A as states for under-18's only. Trying to find which form we should use for over-18's.

Appreciate your assistant.

Thanks
george

grahamw48
2nd August 2012, 13:54
Welcome (back) to the forum George. :)

I would have thought that as 'independent' adults they would not be able to come here unless applying for work, student or visitor visa. :Erm:

lordna
2nd August 2012, 14:32
Funny how here our 'wonderful' government think its acceptable for 18 and 20 year olds to continue living with parents, mainly due to the lack of housing...and yet when it comes to immigration its not acceptable for them to be with the parents!

george
2nd August 2012, 14:44
Thanks Graham, the thing is they're both still students, the older is on her third-year in Uni and the younger's a fourth year/senior in high school. They would be continuing their education in UK if ever they will be granted visas together with my wife...

George

lastlid
2nd August 2012, 16:46
Thanks Graham, the thing is they're both still students, the older is on her third-year in Uni and the younger's a fourth year/senior in high school. They would be continuing their education in UK if ever they will be granted visas together with my wife...

George
How compatible are the degree courses in terms of moving from one over there to one over here?

Possibly sounds like students visas?

andy222
2nd August 2012, 18:14
Funny how here our 'wonderful' government think its acceptable for 18 and 20 year olds to continue living with parents, mainly due to the lack of housing...and yet when it comes to immigration its not acceptable for them to be with the parents!

I know the feeling.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
2nd August 2012, 20:12
under British immigration rules your an adult if your 18, but under EU rules your not an adult til your 21.

it could be difficult to get them a settlement visa as they are over 18, it might be possible if you can demonstrate they are totally dependent on your wife and you, that they are not working, live with you and are not married and 'are not leading a independent lifestyle' but like i said i doubt this will be easy.