PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

Loner99
3rd August 2012, 03:06
Is Holborn Travel LTD real agency in UK?

I'm applying for a job as a nanny or au pair and one family wanted to hire me and they suggested this agency to process my VISA. The thing is the family never asked money for me and they will shoulder my plane ticket. I am confused right now if this is a scam or not. This is my first time to apply abroad particularly in UK.

Thanks and Godbless

Terpe
3rd August 2012, 07:29
You can be assured that it's a scam. Why would they want to suggest a UK travel agency?
If it's not a scam, then that family have completely no understanding of immigration law, so unlikely to be certified sponsors.

There is no way for an individual/family to have any influence on your immigration.

Please take a review of the UKBA webpage Working in the UK (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/) I'm sure it will help you understand just how difficult and regulated it is to enter UK legally for that kind of employment.

I would forget the routes you are currently following and switch to the established and legal routes, at least you'd be safe and not open to fraud/scamming.

Good luck with your job hunting

Iani
3rd August 2012, 07:46
I am really sorry to tell you this is most likely a scam, and if this is someone from my country picking on you to try scam you, I am very embarassed about that.

This makes me very angry when I hear about this sort of thing - and it does all the time.

Nannying jobs are not something which really ever come up in the UK, because it is near impossible to get someone a working visa for this role. If I remember correctly, they can only get this visa if the nanny has been working with the family long term already.

I am not making excuses, but I bet those responsible are not British nationals and are from one of two other countries I could mention - but let's not go there.

I really hope you find a good enjoyable job somewhere, good luck

imagine
3rd August 2012, 08:55
you can guarentee that at some point money will be asked for from you, proberbly ask you to send by western union,

and i bet the telefone no/for Holborn Travel LTD agency that they give,,, wont match the real agency

it wont be the family asking money from you it will be the fake agency
as has already been said its a scam ,

Loner99
3rd August 2012, 09:18
Thank you for the replies. I almost went to the point to believe it. :doh But what really bothers me is that the email of the agency they gave to me is true. I made a thorough research in the agency and indeed they do visa processing. I dont know if could post the link here but I can show it if you like. Anyway thanks for the help. Love you all. :)

grahamw48
3rd August 2012, 10:24
I will try to check them out now for you.

:)

In future just accept that NO genuine job opportunity in the UK will ask YOU for money. :NoNo:

99% will be cruel heartless criminal scammers.

grahamw48
3rd August 2012, 10:31
I suggest you read this (I haven't been able to trace that agency yet).

http://embassy-finder.com/philippines_in_london_united-kingdom

joebloggs
3rd August 2012, 11:03
I suggest you read this (I haven't been able to trace that agency yet).

http://embassy-finder.com/philippines_in_london_united-kingdom

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
from Graham's link, the truth..

Beware of emailed job offers for childcare and other similar positions in the UK. These are all frauds.

• Since November 2008, no visas are granted for household workers from outside Europe. Work visas are only granted for highly-skilled positions, most of which require university degrees.

• No legitimate employment agency in the UK requires you to pay them any money. All fees would be paid by the employer.

• No legitimate employment agency in the UK uses a free email address from Yahoo, Gmail, or similar services.

• No legitimate employment agency in the UK uses a telephone number that begins with +4470 (070). These are non-geographic numbers available to anyone in the world.

• No legitimate business requests payment via Western Union.

grahamw48
3rd August 2012, 12:56
This should be posted on every lamp post in the Philippines....also about what a hell-hole full of abusive animals is awaiting hard-working CIVILISED Filipinos in places like Saudi. :rolleyes:

Better to go to Hong Kong or Singapore, where you've half a chance of being treated like a human being and where there are labour laws.

Arthur Little
3rd August 2012, 13:20
Better to go to Hong Kong or Singapore, where you've half a chance of being treated like a human being and where there are labour laws ...

... and WHERE, at the very least, they probably flog scammers. :xxaction-smiley-047

Arthur Little
3rd August 2012, 13:43
Anyway ... :welcomex: to the friendly filipino/uk community. Here ... you need no longer be a "loner"! :nono-1-1: And - as you've seen - we are dedicated to protecting our members against fraudsters like the ones you had the misfortune to encounter. ;)

So ... in future :rolleyes: ... WHEN IN DOUBT :23_111_9[1]: ... give us a SHOUT!

Loner99
3rd August 2012, 14:13
Thank you for helping me. I will just let the scammer think, I am still interested. :D In due time I will post the name to warn the other job seekers. Godbless

grahamw48
3rd August 2012, 14:38
Please gather as much information from them as possible.

Then we can publish it and expose these scum.

tiger31
3rd August 2012, 15:29
I am really sorry to tell you this is most likely a scam, and if this is someone from my country picking on you to try scam you, I am very embarassed about that.

This makes me very angry when I hear about this sort of thing - and it does all the time.

Nannying jobs are not something which really ever come up in the UK, because it is near impossible to get someone a working visa for this role. If I remember correctly, they can only get this visa if the nanny has been working with the family long term already.

I am not making excuses, but I bet those responsible are not British nationals and are from one of two other countries I could mention - but let's not go there.

I really hope you find a good enjoyable job somewhere, good luck
i,ll say it for you NIGERIAN f*'*kers

tiger31
3rd August 2012, 15:32
Thank you for helping me. I will just let the scammer think, I am still interested. :D In due time I will post the name to warn the other job seekers. Godbless
hi there ,look if you really want to work in the uk like others have said try find a uk family that maybe will be heading back to uk in the near future .but you must have worked for them for 2 years for them to get you visa to come to uk as there domestic helper.

tanga
5th August 2012, 14:08
hi there ,look if you really want to work in the uk like others have said try find a uk family that maybe will be heading back to uk in the near future .but you must have worked for them for 2 years for them to get you visa to come to uk as there domestic helper.

Sound advice but if the family are heading back to the UK in the near future it may be hard to secure the required 2 years employment to qualify