PDA

View Full Version : Durian Cake

lastlid
5th August 2012, 13:21
Seen in our local Asian shop today. Durian Cake :omg:

We didnt buy any but did buy a pack of dried anchovy, a pack of frozen Tilapia and some frozen Milkfish along with a pack of authentic Filipino Ding Dong :D

Terpe
5th August 2012, 13:23
Seen in our local Asian shop today. Durian Cake :omg:

:yikes:
'orrible :D

raynaputi
5th August 2012, 14:21
:vomit-smiley-011:

sars_notd_virus
5th August 2012, 14:22
ewwwwwwww:yikes:

lastlid
5th August 2012, 14:38
:D Mrs Lastlid doesnt like it either. So who eats it, I wonder?

Leen
5th August 2012, 14:46
durian is my fave:) but never tried durian cake and never heard of it :icon_lol: only ice cream

andy222
5th August 2012, 15:01
Something wrong there Lastlid. And I would watch out for the ding dong.:icon_lol:

lastlid
5th August 2012, 15:03
Something wrong there Lastlid. And I would watch out for the ding dong.:icon_lol:

:D Ding Dong. Seems like Bombay Mix to me.....

andy222
5th August 2012, 15:18
Oh that ding dong.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Moy
5th August 2012, 16:35
:D Mrs Lastlid doesnt like it either. So who eats it, I wonder?

you should seen what i bought today lastid..i will post it to other thread :D

lrodney
15th August 2012, 09:26
I have tried a couple of meals with Durian and it sure tastes nice. I do not go with how people say that it stink though. I think that there are far more types of food that stink more than others. And for what its worth, I think that Durian is something that you could really enjoy, speaking in all honesty that is.

Lhailhani
15th August 2012, 11:25
i love durian....mmm curious now the taste of this cake ;) wish i can find this here in Phils :) ;)

lastlid
15th August 2012, 11:55
i love durian....mmm curious now the taste of this cake ;) wish i can find this here in Phils :) ;)

Maybe we can send you some....:icon_lol:

My wife says she has seen it in the Philippines but doesn't like it...

Rhose
15th August 2012, 12:13
:NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo:

lastlid
15th August 2012, 12:15
:NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo:
:D

lastlid
15th August 2012, 12:16
I have tried a couple of meals with Durian and it sure tastes nice. I do not go with how people say that it stink though. I think that there are far more types of food that stink more than others. And for what its worth, I think that Durian is something that you could really enjoy, speaking in all honesty that is.

Stilton cheese stinks but we Brits love it...:D

Lhailhani
15th August 2012, 12:19
sure send away! :D i won't say no :D:D since i am curious with the taste :icon_lol:

Rhose
15th August 2012, 12:42
sure send away! :D i won't say no :D:D since i am curious with the taste :icon_lol:
:NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: ewwwwww! ewww! the smell of it is horrible... how could you taste it....

lastlid
15th August 2012, 12:44
I was wondering if the Durian cake tastes any better? Maybe I should try it....:D

Lhailhani
15th August 2012, 14:33
:NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: ewwwwww! ewww! the smell of it is horrible... how could you taste it....

I love the taste of it.... :D i remember way back high school i save my money for 2 wks just to buy that whole durian fruit :D haha well each individual has different taste bud :D hehe :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
15th August 2012, 14:36
I was wondering if the Durian cake tastes any better?

Hmm ... given the pungent smell :readingpapers: of its main ingredient, I very much doubt it. Yeuch! :vomit-smiley-011:

Arthur Little
15th August 2012, 14:48
Maybe I should try it....:D

... :anerikke: ... please yourself! It AIN'T something I'd willingly share :D with my :tea_cup5:

Lhailhani
15th August 2012, 15:01
... :anerikke: ... please yourself! It AIN'T something I'd willingly share :D with my :tea_cup5:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
15th August 2012, 15:46

:icon_lol: Maybe I will be a guinea pig and try the cake this weekend....:D With a nice cup of Rosie Lea...

Rhose
15th August 2012, 16:10
I love the taste of it.... :D i remember way back high school i save my money for 2 wks just to buy that whole durian fruit :D haha well each individual has different taste bud :D hehe :icon_lol::icon_lol:
yeah!! but eeeeew!! don't know doesn't smell good and it will stick to you.. :NoNo:

Rhose
15th August 2012, 16:13
I was wondering if the Durian cake tastes any better? Maybe I should try it....:D

try it lastlid and tell us how it taste...lol :doh

lastlid
25th August 2012, 18:13
Bought some Durian Cake today. Looks more like a paste than a cake. So will try it with some cream, later. Also bought an individual Durian fruit with Sticky Rice pudding from the freezer so will try them both later.

Also saw some Philippino Pigs Blood but decided to pass on that....:icon_lol:

lastlid
25th August 2012, 20:05
Durian in sticky rice.

Well, my first impression was why would anyone want to eat it as it smelled of rotting vegetables. I ate about half. Persevered. And honestly don't like the taste either. Almost a taste of rotten cabbage. :D

But at least I gave it a go....

Lhailhani
26th August 2012, 02:04
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
26th August 2012, 10:21
Durian in sticky rice.

Well, my first impression was why would anyone want to eat it as it smelled of rotting vegetables. I ate about half. Persevered. And honestly don't like the taste either. Almost a taste of rotten cabbage. :D

But at least I gave it a go....

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

At least you gave it a go :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Like most of, surely the first and last time :rolleyes:

lastlid
26th August 2012, 10:24
:laugher::laugher::laugher:

At least you gave it a go :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Like most of, surely the first and last time :rolleyes:

Yes. Unless I was very very hungry and there was nothing else in the cupboard.

enjaLicious
16th October 2012, 05:47

It's available here in Davao, since it is Durian Capital of the Philippines so you can find a lot of desserts made of durian(suman, pie, float). If you happen to visit Davao, try the durian cake of Buolangerie in Victoria Plaza or durian pie in Bistro. :Rasp:

The taste of durian fruit depends on its variety, there are bitter, sour, sweet, bland varieties. To those who didn't like the taste of durian, try another variety. :D I tried some of them, some delicious, some are not. As for the durian products, I noticed that most of the candies being sold did not taste like durian at all.

lastlid
16th October 2012, 09:27
It's available here in Davao, since it is Durian Capital of the Philippines so you can find a lot of desserts made of durian(suman, pie, float). If you happen to visit Davao, try the durian cake of Buolangerie in Victoria Plaza or durian pie in Bistro. :Rasp:

The taste of durian fruit depends on its variety, there are bitter, sour, sweet, bland varieties. To those who didn't like the taste of durian, try another variety. :D I tried some of them, some delicious, some are not. As for the durian products, I noticed that most of the candies being sold did not taste like durian at all.

It seemed to taste like rotten cabbage. :yikes:

enjaLicious
16th October 2012, 10:48
It seemed to taste like rotten cabbage. :yikes:

I haven't tasted rotten cabbage so I can't compare. :icon_lol:

stevewool
17th October 2012, 07:14
I haven't tasted rotten cabbage so I can't compare. :icon_lol:

i have not tasted rotten cabbage too, i have smelt it but never ate it:repuke: