PDA

View Full Version : Fiancée just had her Interview!

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 11:52
Well my dear Fiancée just had her interview. The ECO said at the end of 15 mins that she needed to do some more checks and then they would be in touch. I am not sure what to think really. More checks? What checks? How long will that take? Wouldn't the ECO have done them already? Not sure if thats a good sign or not. Was trailing the forum to look for someone else whos Fiance/Spouse had an interview and was told they would be in touch at the end and then later got the Visa but yet to find one. If anyone knows one, please let me know to encourage me.

Well they ask her things like what do you like about your Fiance, then about my income, health, most things which were in the application.

I just hope we find out soon, need to get our appetite back :P thank you everyone so much for your prayers and your support, they are so important. So hard when you know you are a genuine couple and just want to be together. Being single for so long and when you meet the right person its so hard being together and then away again. Funny as I was reading how the people who launched the space probe onto Mars yesterday were feeling physically sick from the anxiety of waiting to see if the probe landed on Mars or not, I thought to myself, try waiting to find out if you are going to be with your soul mate or not!!

grahamw48
7th August 2012, 12:51
Could you have accompanied her into the interview ?

I'm sure I was present when the ex had hers. :Erm:

I also asked to speak to the Vice-Consul though, and did so....just to slip in the fact that my brother was his boss (at the time) :icon_lol:.

You have to use everything in the armoury for such an important event. ;)

joebloggs
7th August 2012, 13:18
its rare now that people are asked to attend an interview, in the past i think it was done at random or if they wanted something clarifying.

thou in some cases the ECO told people at the end of the interview if their visa had been granted but not ALWAYS.

cant really read anything into this, you'll just have to wait and see

grahamw48
7th August 2012, 13:29
From what I can remember Joe, ALL were interviewed 20 years back...but of course, financially there was only 40 quid at stake. :rolleyes:

joebloggs
7th August 2012, 13:32
me wife and stepson both were interviewed but that was more than 7yrs ago, I even went to the embassy, bit :yikes: with the guards having machine guns :xxparty-smiley-004:

but these days i've hardly heard of anyone being interviewed

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 13:50
Yeahh I have heard of a few people who have had interviews latley. Guess just have to wait and see, hope to find an example of someone who has had an interview somewhere.

Dedworth
7th August 2012, 14:03
Well they ask her things like what do you like about your Fiance, then about my income, health, most things which were in the application.

I'd have thought that was SOP just to try to ensure the application was genuine and that her answers tie in with those put on the application a bit like how they now quiz all applicants applying for their first passport.

My friend always used to make Indians/Pakistanis applying for operative jobs at his firm fill out the application form in front of him just to ensure that the one they brought with them hadn't been filled in by their mates. I guess nowadays there are laws to prevent a diligent employer doing this - he's not bothered he's got plants in Brazil, Czech & China now where political correctness doesn't apply.

Good luck with the application !

Leen
7th August 2012, 14:15
Well my dear Fiancée just had her interview. The ECO said at the end of 15 mins that she needed to do some more checks and then they would be in touch. I am not sure what to think really. More checks? What checks? How long will that take? Wouldn't the ECO have done them already? Not sure if thats a good sign or not. Was trailing the forum to look for someone else whos Fiance/Spouse had an interview and was told they would be in touch at the end and then later got the Visa but yet to find one. If anyone knows one, please let me know to encourage me.

I just hope we find out soon, need to get our appetite back :P thank you everyone so much for your prayers and your support, they are so important. So hard when you know you are a genuine couple and just want to be together. Being single for so long and when you meet the right person its so hard being together and then away again. Funny as I was reading how the people who launched the space probe onto Mars yesterday were feeling physically sick from the anxiety of waiting to see if the probe landed on Mars or not, I thought to myself, try waiting to find out if you are going to be with your soul mate or not!!

Hello yellowcloud,when did your fiancee submit her application?im still waiting for mine too

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 14:49
Hello yellowcloud,when did your fiancee submit her application?im still waiting for mine too

It was the beginning of June she submitted it. So it was like 2 months wait for the interview, now got to wait for the answer. :bigcry:

andy222
7th August 2012, 16:01
Seems like interigation to me.:doh

Loidaseminiano
7th August 2012, 16:02
Hi Yellowcloud:Wave: i have that same thing happen last year in November when i went to ECO Manila i have two times interview after the seminar for immigrant and perhaps loads of question like how did we meet, or did we already meet in person, how long we've been together etc,. mostly they interview us asking about our fiance and also to find out if the relationship is true and genuine it just take few mins for the interview as long as your fiancee knows all the information about you so she can answer them and that will be fine! . ..Best of luck on your application:)

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 16:05
Loidaseminiano thanks.

How long did it take before they contact you after the interview? Was it for a Fiance/Spouse Visa? Were you successful?

Loidaseminiano
7th August 2012, 16:11
I am on fiancee visa... they didnt contact at all bcoz i have finish that day and got my certificate for seminar right after the interview i only went back to CFO 3 days after the ECO appointment as my visa has not valid yet when i do my ECO.

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 17:09
Out of interest, if you appeal, where is the appeal heard? Would it be your local court house? Or always in London no matter where you live in the UK?

andy222
7th August 2012, 17:47
I think its the courts in Leicester. Not quite sure though but these guys will know.

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 17:49
Hmm hope somebody knows

raynaputi
7th August 2012, 17:51
Hi Yellowcloud:Wave: i have that same thing happen last year in November when i went to ECO Manila i have two times interview after the seminar for immigrant and perhaps loads of question like how did we meet, or did we already meet in person, how long we've been together etc,. mostly they interview us asking about our fiance and also to find out if the relationship is true and genuine it just take few mins for the interview as long as your fiancee knows all the information about you so she can answer them and that will be fine! . ..Best of luck on your application:)

I am on fiancee visa... they didnt contact at all bcoz i have finish that day and got my certificate for seminar right after the interview i only went back to CFO 3 days after the ECO appointment as my visa has not valid yet when i do my ECO.

I think you're talking about the CFO seminar & interview and not the interview by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) about the visa application. :Erm:

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 18:07
I think its the courts in Leicester. Not quite sure though but these guys will know.

I would have thought it would be a local court to where you live? They cant have everyone from all of England going to London when they appeal a FIance or a Spouse visa Surely?

grahamw48
7th August 2012, 18:20
I can see why Leicester would be a popular venue. :rolleyes:

andy222
7th August 2012, 18:31
I can see why Leicester would be a popular venue. :rolleyes:

Too true.:icon_lol:

andy222
7th August 2012, 18:35
I was thinking about going to Leicester and handing some free pork pies out but I decided against it. I think I would come back with quite a few.:icon_lol:

bigmarco
7th August 2012, 23:35
Out of interest, if you appeal, where is the appeal heard? Would it be your local court house? Or always in London no matter where you live in the UK?

Although our paperwork is being handled by HMCTS Leicester the actual appeal is being heard in Feltham Middx which was a relief as I thought I was going to have to travel to Leicester.

grahamw48
7th August 2012, 23:49
Maybe just as well...I've heard public transport isn't the best in Leicester. :Erm:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/204/indianbus2.jpg

yellowcloud
7th August 2012, 23:53
So Marc, the reason your appeal is being heard in Feltham Middx is because its your local court? Would that be the same for anyone who appeals? ie it would be heard at their local court? Marc, how long did it take for you to get your appeal hearing from the point of the refusal?

Arthur Little
8th August 2012, 00:07
ALL were interviewed 20 years back ...but of course, financially there was only 40 quid at stake. :rolleyes:

REALLY, Graham? :omg: ... QUEER difference!

Arthur Little
8th August 2012, 00:12
Not so terribly long ago ... I believe there was NO fee at all for ILR! :NoNo:

grahamw48
8th August 2012, 00:35
Yes, I believe that is correct (ILR)...from memory.

Also, I seem to remember we only had to wait 1 year for it.

Arthur Little
8th August 2012, 00:39
Also, I seem to remember we only had to wait 1 year for it.

:cwm24: ... WOW! Changed days, indeed! :rolleyes: Now, it seems, some poor unfortunates are waiting nearly that long for the outcome of their applications. :doh