PDA

View Full Version : ebay, ioffer, amazon

stevewool
8th August 2012, 19:34
who uses thes sites, i buy from ebay but have never sold anything and have brought from ioffer too, never had any problems with anything i have ever brought too, the last time i brought some stuff from amazon all got here but took over 1 week,

lastlid
8th August 2012, 19:40
I use ebay and Amazon. I have bought and sold from ebay many times. I only buy from Amazon.

imagine
8th August 2012, 19:46
iv used ebay in the past to buy, but not now, i get fed up of scam emails claiming my account been accessed,

amazon i have bought from several times in the past year, and will be ordering again soon, not had any problems, orders have taken about 4 days tops

lastlid
8th August 2012, 19:48
iv used ebay in the past to buy, but not now, i get fed up of scam emails claiming my account been accessed,

amazon i have bought from several times in the past year, and will be ordering again soon, not had any problems, orders have taken about 4 days tops

Yeah. I have had the scam emails but that isn't the fault of ebay. Also, I just ignore the scam emails as they are just exactly that.

Terpe
8th August 2012, 19:51

Same experiences as me.
I just don't have the confidence or patience with eBay any more.
Now for me Amazon is just great. Fast and easy to deal with. Never had any problems.
Ordered some stuff for the wife one time though Amazon and just didn't realise it was shipping from USA:doh
Expected within a couple of days but took a week.
Got an earfull of Bisaya ............:yikes:

lastlid
8th August 2012, 19:56
Same experiences as me.
I just don't have the confidence or patience with eBay any more.
Now for me Amazon is just great. Fast and easy to deal with. Never had any problems.
Ordered some stuff for the wife one time though Amazon and just didn't realise it was shipping from USA:doh
Expected within a couple of days but took a week.
Got an earfull of Bisaya ............:yikes:

Yes. I found Amazon to be very good. Obviously there is always going to be occasional issues but I think there was only one issue that I have had with them where they sent a DVD set with one disc missing. And they simply replaced the missing disc. But there is countless times where I have bought from them successfully.

raynaputi
8th August 2012, 20:17
I use both Ebay and Amazon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
8th August 2012, 23:29
I use Amazon and Ebay too - Amazon probably gets 90% of my online spend to be honest.
Ebay I only buy piddly things like phone cases and screen protectors - never buy anything expensive for fear of being ripped off.

lastlid
8th August 2012, 23:43
Ebay have quite good protection in place now. As a buyer it is so much more difficult to get ripped off now than some years ago. And anything that doesn't match the seller's description can be returned for a full refund.

I actually got scammed one time a couple of years ago, ( 1 transaction in several hundred) on the purchase of an iPod that was never dispatched by the seller and eBay took the hit and compensated me in full. If you pay by Paypal you are also heavily protected as a buyer.

I have succesfully purchased (all new) Sony DSLR, a Samsung Galaxy Ace, 3 iPods, about 10 Radley handbags all new and without fault and several pieces of expensive pottery from as far afield as Australia and the USA, over the last 10 years without any problems. In all cases I saved considerable sums on retail prices.

tone
8th August 2012, 23:52
Good to hear all that Mate - I believe there are many good sellers on there - I just prefer to buy from a shop (unless they have an ebay shop as many do) with a proper return policy and warranty should anything go wrong.
I've purchaed some 2nd hand stuff off AVForums like iPads and Lawnmowers etc and never had any issues, sold a lot of stuff there too as its fee free.

Tone

lastlid
8th August 2012, 23:54
BTW I even bought the wife's Life in the UK Test books on eBay...

tone
8th August 2012, 23:57
Thats where all ours will end up if she can pass the test! Took it a few weeks back and failed.

Just waiting for the baby to pop out and then hopefully she will get back onto it..

that test is a royal pain in the .... - but I digress...

lastlid
8th August 2012, 23:58
Good to hear all that Mate - I believe there are many good sellers on there - I just prefer to buy from a shop (unless they have an ebay shop as many do) with a proper return policy and warranty should anything go wrong.
I've purchaed some 2nd hand stuff off AVForums like iPads and Lawnmowers etc and never had any issues, sold a lot of stuff there too as its fee free.

Tone

On returns policy the seller has no choice. They have to accept a return if the item doesn't match the description. On warranty, the ipods and camera were all under manufacturers warranty anyway.

lastlid
8th August 2012, 23:59
Thats where all ours will end up if she can pass the test! Took it a few weeks back and failed.

Just waiting for the baby to pop out and then hopefully she will get back onto it..

that test is a royal pain in the .... - but I digress...

Sorry to hear about the Life in the UK test.....do you mind if I ask what score your good wife got? I have already primed my wife on the possibility resitting. We will probably have a stab at it in the New Year.

tone
9th August 2012, 00:14
We dont know - if you fail you get a sheet saying FAIL and you get a list of topics you shoud revisit. You have to wait a week before a retake.
The cost os now £50 as well, so its gone up a bit.

I've heard that the Whitehall idiots want a lot more added to the study material as well so its going to become harder and more to study - this info has no backup apart from news I heard on Sky a few months ago.

Its ok - I think its worth the exam experience - I never passed anything first time:doh

Rory
9th August 2012, 00:39
I have had an ebay account for over 10 years, it is very handy to find that obscure item that would be a nightmare to find in any shop or classified ad. I have used Amazon for many years as well. I think if you use common sense then you will not get ripped off on ebay and check out the sellers feedback before you buy if you have any doubts.

lastlid
9th August 2012, 07:33
We dont know - if you fail you get a sheet saying FAIL and you get a list of topics you shoud revisit. You have to wait a week before a retake.
The cost os now £50 as well, so its gone up a bit.

I've heard that the Whitehall idiots want a lot more added to the study material as well so its going to become harder and more to study - this info has no backup apart from news I heard on Sky a few months ago.

Its ok - I think its worth the exam experience - I never passed anything first time:doh

Yes, they are going to revamp it with a different focus. There was thread or two on it in here. Off the top of my head there will be more info released in October but as far as I can make out my wife will effectively be allowed to continue with the old version.

lastlid
9th August 2012, 07:35
I have had an ebay account for over 10 years, it is very handy to find that obscure item that would be a nightmare to find in any shop or classified ad. I have used Amazon for many years as well. I think if you use common sense then you will not get ripped off on ebay and check out the sellers feedback before you buy if you have any doubts.

Yes. My eBay account is 10 years old this year. Ebay used to be more of a problem, possibly going back some 5 or 6 years when once you had bought the item there was effectively no chance of returning it. That's when all the scamming by sellers took place. It is different now and far more secure for buyers. And like Rory says, look at the feedback and selling history of the person you are buying from.

lastlid
9th August 2012, 08:55
"I am selling this phone on behalf of my friend has he doesnt want it and he is going back to bangladesh. What we have here is a Apple iphone 4s 16GB black locked on vodafone. Its fully wraped and has not been opened please be aware that the my friend is not going to pay for his monthly payments so this phone only will work abroad international sellers only will not sell to anyone less the 20 feedbacks and fast payment please No returns on this product and i dont hold responsabilty of my friends iphone 4s"

This has just been copied from an ebay advert today. Even though this person says no returns the words are non applicable in law though the seller can it as much as he or she likes.

What eBay say and do in the UK......

"You're in safe hands when you shop on eBay.

In most cases, eBay transactions go through with no problems at all. But we've put safeguards in place to make sure that if anything does go wrong, you will get the item you wanted or your money refunded in full, including postage."

If the seller ignores you then eBay and Paypal deal with it.

lastlid
9th August 2012, 09:02
And there you go, as Rory says and Win2Win points out you can get any obscure thing you want on eBay....:icon_lol:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/40499-Food-For-The-Ladies

Ako Si Jamie
10th August 2012, 21:31
Sick of Ebay. Full of :sexy_146:

Last time I ordered something it 'got lost' but instead of getting a refund straight away, the seller tried to sell me something else. I had to contact Ebay in the end and eventually got a refund. :rolleyes:

Here's the conversation with the seller.

Me : I haven't received the item yet. It's been over ten days and it still hasn't arrived. Tx.

Them : hi
it has been posted to you at the same day of your purchase but unfortunately your item has been misplaced by royal mail and they are unable to chase your item and i not got replacement in them
i got blue and black colour in stock
give advise

Me : So I've been waiting around for nearly two weeks like an idiot? I'm going on holiday next week and bought that t-shirt especially. Not happy. Refund please!

Them : hi
if you like blue or black colour i will send you through first class royal mail and you will get them monday or tuesday cuz saturday and sunday royal mail will close.
sorry for inconvenience caused.
it was not our fault it was royal mail fault

Me : If I wanted blue or black, I would have bought a blue or black. I wanted red which you can't provide so I want my money back thankyou very much.

Arthur Little
10th August 2012, 21:56
... it's what your country can do for you.

Or ... in YOUR case, Jamie ... what bloody ebay seems INCAPABLE of doing for YOU! Little wonder you're seeing RED! :angry:

Ako Si Jamie
10th August 2012, 22:01
Or ... in YOUR case, Jamie ... what bloody ebay seems INCAPABLE of doing for YOU! Little wonder you're seeing RED! :angry:
:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol: