PDA

View Full Version : Equalities watchdog probes women-only nursery

Dedworth
9th August 2012, 16:06
A children's play centre is being investigated by the equality watchdog after it banned fathers from attending with their children.

The group, called 'Kids Go Wild' is the first in the country to introduce a 'women only' policy.

The centre, in the predominantly Asian area of Sparkhill, Birmingham, has defended the man ban, claiming Muslim mothers welcomed it for cultural reasons.

A poster outside the centre reads: "Ladies and children only. No boys over nine allowed."

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is investigating the ban after fathers complained.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9459315/Equalities-watchdog-probes-women-only-nursery.html

The shower running this place should be put before a court

grahamw48
9th August 2012, 16:36
The country has truly gone to **** if this nonsense is permitted. :NoNo:

Iani
10th August 2012, 07:29
Maybe they could be prosecuted under the trades description act, on the grounds that when inspectors visited, the persons there certainly weren't "ladies"

tone
10th August 2012, 13:16
Only two strong words truly describe this one..

lastlid
10th August 2012, 13:50
Reminds me of being chased out of a ladies only gym session last year. :D Thing was the gym was vey handy for me and there wasn't really a decent alternative in the area I was then living in.