PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to gain employment here in Cardiff UK?

myliitlehaven07
10th August 2012, 14:39
Hello guys, its been so long since i last posted here and i really miss this forum! and am so way happy now that i get to read the many post here especially the celebration part!

anyways, i need some sort of an idea how difficult it is to gain employment in UK? As soon as i arrived in UK last month ( one month mark today hahaha) i started submitting my CV online, and after a few weeks then an agency for BRITISH GAS has called me and i passed the phone interview and got me scheduled for the one on one interview in their office, i told them i dont have the National insurance number yet and the bank account bec i just arrived in UK. It surprised me that they gave me two months to secure my national insurance number and told me to contact them once i have them. Is this normal that they give you this CHANCE and give you some time to secure your documents?

and yesterday i got my national insurance number and the bank account and id like to get contact them and telll them am ready with all my documents that they need but am quite hesitant now :((

lastlid
10th August 2012, 15:01
Good news. Get back to them straight away. :xxgrinning--00xx3: He who hesitates has lost, as they say.

Steve.r
10th August 2012, 15:59
Well done, looks like they want you. Grab it with boths hands, there are so many people out of work here in the UK, make the most of it. :Jump:

andy222
10th August 2012, 16:21
Well done, looks like they want you. Grab it with boths hands, there are so many people out of work here in the UK, make the most of it. :Jump:

Dont miss the chance. Get in there.

gWaPito
10th August 2012, 17:10
Good news. Get back to them straight away. :xxgrinning--00xx3: He who hesitates has lost, as they say.

Absolutely agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:...if ya not choosey (you cant afford to be on your first job, you need a history of employment to start you off :xxgrinning--00xx3:) you'll get a number toot sweet :xxgrinning--00xx3:

myliitlehaven07
11th August 2012, 07:14
thank you guys am going to have the interview on tuesday for british gas as customer service representative. I myself am shocked when they told me that they give me two months to get the national insurance number as they know it will take a month for it to be released. GOODLUCK TO ME :Erm::Erm:

tiger31
11th August 2012, 09:28
if you get the job it can be for life with them very steady employment so good luck with your interview and your a lucky girl living in cardiff ive been there many times lovely city