PDA

View Full Version : docs

Moy
11th August 2012, 13:23
just got all my docs and all our passport back:rolleyes: from applying ILR hmmm:rolleyes: i wonder whats next:rolleyes: i thought any result will be at stamp or stick on the passport itself..:rolleyes: am anxious now ..though:cwm3:

joebloggs
11th August 2012, 13:42
http://www.uk-wp.com/2011/12/06/ukba-announces-that-ilr-applications-will-be-biometric-from-march-2012/

In addition, once Indefinite Leave to Remain becomes a ‘Biometric’ application, applicants will no longer be issued with a sticker in their passport showing their new ILR status. They will instead receive a separate Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), which is a credit card sized ID card. There will no longer be any indication in the person’s passport of their status in the UK. This means that the individual will need to present their passport and their BRP card together whenever they are required to prove they have a valid visa – at the border or to a potential employer, for example. If the applicant loses their BRP card, an application must be made for a replacement, which incurs a further cost.

joebloggs
11th August 2012, 13:46
it will look like this ros

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7634111.stm

Moy
11th August 2012, 13:46
http://www.uk-wp.com/2011/12/06/ukba-announces-that-ilr-applications-will-be-biometric-from-march-2012/

In addition, once Indefinite Leave to Remain becomes a ‘Biometric’ application, applicants will no longer be issued with a sticker in their passport showing their new ILR status. They will instead receive a separate Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), which is a credit card sized ID card. There will no longer be any indication in the person’s passport of their status in the UK. This means that the individual will need to present their passport and their BRP card together whenever they are required to prove they have a valid visa – at the border or to a potential employer, for example. If the applicant loses their BRP card, an application must be made for a replacement, which incurs a further cost.
ah that's better ;) thanks for reply Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3: still i cant say anything until the said BRP card will arrive if i got a result or..dunno really lolz..scary:cwm3::)

joebloggs
11th August 2012, 13:49
.scary:cwm3::)

only scary thing is you worrying over nothing ( that and your picture :icon_lol:) :doh you'll get your card soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
11th August 2012, 13:55
only scary thing is you worrying over nothing ( that and your picture :icon_lol:) :doh you'll get your card soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

well my worry is part of me i cant help but worried anyway :laugher::icon_lol: btw thank as usual my mentor Joe:D

lastlid
11th August 2012, 14:12
it will look like this ros

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7634111.stm

Does Moy look like that? :D

Moy
11th August 2012, 18:39
Does Moy look like that? :D

no idea yet lastid ;)

Arthur Little
12th August 2012, 01:06
Conservative Home Secretary, Theresa MAY have a lot to answer for ... a fact few of our number would deny. But, I wonder how many "Tory bashers" [I] realise this [hopefully] penultimate piece of immigration legislation - the introduction of Biometric Residence Permits in February past - is actually a legacy handed down from her Labour predecessor bar one ... Jacqui Smith ... credited (as far back as September 2008) with stating: "We want to be able to prevent those who are here illegally, benefiting from British privileges." :laughitupsmilie: ... BURP! Laughable, really, from a woman whose own behaviour was under considerable scrutiny during her tenure of Public Office.

And, I fail to comprehend WHY the hell these glorified ID Cards cannot simply be issued at the same time as applicants' documents are returned. :crazy:!

han
12th August 2012, 10:59
:Wave: Moy,

Don't worry you will get your BRP soon.
My chinese friend, married to British- applied her ILR also.
And she waited for 4 months- then just last week she got her docs back- then right next day she got her BRP.. :)

cheers...

malditako
12th August 2012, 18:56
congrats moy the waiting is over :)

Moy
12th August 2012, 19:15
:Wave: Moy,

Don't worry you will get your BRP soon.
My chinese friend, married to British- applied her ILR also.
And she waited for 4 months- then just last week she got her docs back- then right next day she got her BRP.. :)

cheers...
hiya han..am anxious waiting;)

Moy
12th August 2012, 19:16
congrats moy the waiting is over :)

am still waiting of other post maditako:) and very anxious now;)