PDA

View Full Version : PLS READ , I Need A Favour

travina
13th August 2012, 12:42
anyone who wouldn't mind giving me their Ref number whose fiancee visa granted: either of the following

*even without bookings arrangement ( register or venue)
*whose relationship developed over the internet and then met for only a short period or met not more than twice with a lengthy gap of no meetings before applying for a fiancee visa

i dont know if its alright to ask the ref number but if its alright i would like to use it as additional support to present a case for the ECM review of the refusal decision

lastlid
13th August 2012, 12:48
How short is short? I knew my wife for 6 months before she applied for her Spouse visa. I met her twice in that time.

travina
13th August 2012, 12:55
How short is short? I knew my wife for 6 months before she applied for her Spouse visa. I met her twice in that time.

hi thank for the reply. like maybe longest is ten days. and then no meetings happened between the last meeting until the application submitted for nearly a year or over a year.

lastlid
13th August 2012, 12:57
hi thank for the reply. like maybe longest is ten days. and then no meetings happened between the last meeting until the application submitted for nearly a year or over a year.

A large gap between your last meeting and the application?

travina
13th August 2012, 13:04
A large gap between your last meeting and the application?
yes a large gap. because my bf and I met when I was in the UK. and then i came back home here in the philippines. weve been apart for 1 yr and a few days and then ECO refused my application because my bf has not sought to visit me here since i left the UK.

lastlid
13th August 2012, 13:06
yes a large gap. because my bf and I met when I was in the UK. and then i came back home here in the philippines. weve been apart for 1 yr and a few days and then ECO refused my application because my bf has not sought to visit me here since i left the UK.

I see. I think that can make a difference. In our case I saw my wife just two months before she applied for her visa.

travina
13th August 2012, 13:07
I see. I think that can make a difference. In our case I saw my wife just two months before she applied for her visa.
ah ok, thanks for your reply anywayz.

DaveUK
13th August 2012, 13:12
I'm afraid it would be pointless providing a reference number from someone else as the ECO will refuse to discuss other people's cases for two reasons. 1, being that each case is determined on its own merits, and 2, the Data Protection Act would prevent them acknowledging details of other peoples cases.

The best you can do is provide as much reason/evidence as possible to explain the prolonged time between seeing each other.

Good luck with the application :)

joebloggs
13th August 2012, 13:13
you need to have met at least once, but obviously the more times the better, once or a couple of times you chances of refusal might increase, the ECO might say they don't believe your relationship is genuine.

Intervening Devotion If the applicant and sponsor have been separated for a lengthy period of time before the application is submitted (for example, longer than 3 or 4 months), then evidence of intervening devotion should be included. This would normally take the form of telephone records or other forms of electronic communication. If the couple have lived separately for a longer period, travel receipts can be used to show that contact has been continual and proportionate.

If a prolonged separation is the result of mobility issues (which would include military duties or other foreign assignments), this would take the form of assignment letters or similar documentation.

When submitting email or instant messenger logs, it is important to bear in mind that intervening devotion means evidence of contact and not an exhaustive transcript of each on-line session.

There is an interesting view on texting versus voice calls given in Goudey (subsisting marriage – evidence) Sudan [2012] UKUT 00041(IAC). Also relevant to 'intervening devotion' is the court decision in Naz (subsisting marriage - standard of proof) Pakistan [2012] UKUT 40 (IAC) (16 January 2012)

http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/family-visas/spousal-visa

Dave0555
13th August 2012, 13:15
Hi Travina

We got our Visa in May this year. We had only met twice over a period of two years. The application was made in March and we had last met in July the previous year, a gap of 8 months. We did not have any bookings for a wedding of any kind but had agreed a church blessing and our application was successful at the first attempt. If we can be of any assistance please feel free to message us.

Not sure if quoting our case would be of any significance but glad to give it if it helps.

Dave and Lolita

Dave0555
13th August 2012, 13:20
Hi Travina

Further to our earlier message I should also point out that we provided no proof of intervening devotion. We simply told them that we spoke every day face to face via Yahoo messenger. Proof of devotion is recommended but not absolutely necessary unless the requirements have changed since March this year. I did include a sample mobile phone bill and a single month's e-mail list from Yahoo but nothing else.

As quoted by others each case is treated on its own merit so maybe there are other weaknesses? Good Luck.

Dave and Lolita

travina
13th August 2012, 14:29
I'm afraid it would be pointless providing a reference number from someone else as the ECO will refuse to discuss other people's cases for two reasons. 1, being that each case is determined on its own merits, and 2, the Data Protection Act would prevent them acknowledging details of other peoples cases.

The best you can do is provide as much reason/evidence as possible to explain the prolonged time between seeing each other.

Good luck with the application :)

i see your point but i wont ask the ECO to discuss the case, its just a sort of reference for them to be aware that i know some people on the same case with me got the visa

travina
13th August 2012, 14:33
Hi Travina

We got our Visa in May this year. We had only met twice over a period of two years. The application was made in March and we had last met in July the previous year, a gap of 8 months. We did not have any bookings for a wedding of any kind but had agreed a church blessing and our application was successful at the first attempt. If we can be of any assistance please feel free to message us.

Not sure if quoting our case would be of any significance but glad to give it if it helps.

Dave and Lolita

hi dave. your situation i guess would really help in pointing out to the ECM and ECO that people on the same case with me got the visa. the simple of refusal was just that we made no bookings but we provided register office letter about not giving provisionary booking, and that my bf has not come to visit me here in the philippines within that period of separation and the eco wont accept skype chats of 300pages plus facevook conversation. can i have your reference number if its alright? i just have to tell the ECM that the person with this ref number had the visa without booking arrangement and been away for 8 months.

DaveUK
13th August 2012, 14:35
i see your point but i wont ask the ECO to discuss the case, its just a sort of reference for them to be aware that i know some people on the same case with me got the visa

It won't matter I'm afraid. They will just stonewall you with the standard "We cannot comment on other cases" if you even remotely mention another case. Very annoying sadly, especially when you know you could draw a lot of comparisons in your favour :NoNo:

travina
13th August 2012, 14:45
It won't matter I'm afraid. They will just stonewall you with the standard "We cannot comment on other cases" if you even remotely mention another case. Very annoying sadly, especially when you know you could draw a lot of comparisons in your favour :NoNo:

yes i agree. but i hope the ECM would overturn the decision. for the doubts if our relationship is genuine started on the number photos. because we only submitted 5 but the ECO thought that it was taken on the same date because eco wrongly judged that i was wearing the same clothing on the photos. so the statement implied that my bf and i met only once due to her wrong judgement of the photos. it was very clear that im wearing different clothing.

joebloggs
13th August 2012, 20:08
how long were you in a relationship with your b/f when you were in the UK? didn't you have any other photos or evidence that you were together while in the UK ?

travina
14th August 2012, 00:52
how long were you in a relationship with your b/f when you were in the UK? didn't you have any other photos or evidence that you were together while in the UK ?

hi we've been seeing each other as a couple for 1 year in the uk before i came back here in the philippines, and we only had 9 days of photos in total. we only submitted 5 photos on the first application. and now in our appeal we provided additional 4 photos and luckily my bf retrieved all the text messages he received from me the entire 1 yr.

purple
14th August 2012, 02:47
did your bf came to visit you to Philippines yet?

travina
14th August 2012, 03:09
did your bf came to visit you to Philippines yet?
he did not because he just finished uni when i left and then started a full time job so his priority is my visa application to save up money for the financial requirement and then to rent a flat and save up money for the visa fee. other expenses, and to put savings in his bank account. btw my bf already emailed the embassy insisting that the reply of his query should be in personal approach and should be answered by either the ECM or the ECO. he asked about why requiring him to visit me when its not a requirement with valid reasons of why he is unable to

jehzroblenida
17th August 2012, 09:05
Hi travina,

We have the same situation. Now, I am still waiting for my Appeal which is really frustrating. They said it may take 3 to 6 months. Did you file you appeal yet?

travina
17th August 2012, 15:25
Hi travina,

We have the same situation. Now, I am still waiting for my Appeal which is really frustrating. They said it may take 3 to 6 months. Did you file you appeal yet?

hi jehzo,
i already filed my appeal and the tribunal already sent the appeal bundle to the embassy here in manila last aug 3 and the ECM is given until dec 4, 2012 to either overturn or upheld the original refusal decision. btw, may i ask whats the reason of your refusal and what type of visa you applied for?

jehzroblenida
17th August 2012, 16:18
Hi Travina,

I am appealing as a fiancee and my appeal bundle was sent back to Manila last 3rd of August. We have the same situation. The ECO's are just trying their luck and picking the wrong people which is really upsetting. We are trying to seek the help of our local MP and different people as British Embassy here in Manila is very unhelpful.

jehzroblenida
17th August 2012, 16:27
I met my fiancee 7 months before my visa expired, I went back here in the Philippines last February 2011. Since then I haven't seen my fiancee for more than a year and the ECO used that to refused my visa. Maybe we have the same ECO Mr.PR? Hope not!

travina
18th August 2012, 01:54
I met my fiancee 7 months before my visa expired, I went back here in the Philippines last February 2011. Since then I haven't seen my fiancee for more than a year and the ECO used that to refused my visa. Maybe we have the same ECO Mr.PR? Hope not!

hi jehzro,

my ECO is S BALFOUR. and i guess your ECO didnt accept the skype chats you submitted as a clear evidence of a subsisting relationship. I even submitted ALL our skype chats. my bf just wrote a letter in a diagram form of reasons why he has not sought to visit me here. but if i wont get a visa, my bf will come to visit me. at least i have someone now to talk with similar situation. is that the only reason your visa get refused?

joebloggs
18th August 2012, 07:58
the problem with skype and chat logs, is its easy to make them up with a text editor/word processor, people should use snail mail more - send a letter to each other every few months and keep the envelopes - one type of evidence they can't ignore.

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 08:10
hi jehzro,

my ECO is S BALFOUR. and i guess your ECO didnt accept the skype chats you submitted as a clear evidence of a subsisting relationship. I even submitted ALL our skype chats. my bf just wrote a letter in a diagram form of reasons why he has not sought to visit me here. but if i wont get a visa, my bf will come to visit me. at least i have someone now to talk with similar situation. is that the only reason your visa get refused?

Hi Travina,
My ECO just ignored the skype transcript, almost 50 photos together, letters, etc. The most upsetting part is he mentioned that he can't see any hindrance why my fiancee can't just come here in the Philippines to have a family here. One more thing is, I have a friend who went to the same application, same documents and she had her VISA whilst mine was refused! :cwm23: If ever they will not give me a visa after the appeal, we are then planning to get married here and file another application as wife.

joebloggs
18th August 2012, 08:18
Hi Travina,
My ECO just ignored the skype transcript, almost 50 photos together, letters, etc. The most upsetting part is he mentioned that he can't see any hindrance why my fiancee can't just come here in the Philippines to have a family here. One more thing is, I have a friend who went to the same application, same documents and she had her VISA whilst mine was refused! :cwm23: If ever they will not give me a visa after the appeal, we are then planning to get married here and file another application as wife.

what were the exact reasons you were refused for ?
did you send your appeal form off yet ?

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 08:18
the problem with skype and chat logs, is its easy to make them up with a text editor/word processor, people should use snail mail more - send a letter to each other every few months and keep the envelopes - one type of evidence they can't ignore.

Hi joebloggs,

Sad to say they will also ignore such evidence. As I mentioned to Travina I have a friend who went to the same application and she had her visa. It depends on the ECO's mood maybe.

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 08:23

Hi joebloggs,

I did last 15 th of July and the Tribunal confirmed that they sent the Appeal bundle here in Manila on the 3rd of August. We are trying to contact the embassy via Switchboard number, the sad thing is the operator will just direct us to another number and NO one is answering after more than 10 minutes of call.

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 08:34

I did! It is now back to Manila and they said that it may take 3-6 months for an appeal :bigcry:

joebloggs
18th August 2012, 08:40
did you write a letter to the ECO manager asking for reconsideration and your reasons why you think you was wrongly refused ?

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 08:48
did you write a letter to the ECO manager asking for reconsideration and your reasons why you think you was wrongly refused ?

Yes! It is part of the appeal form. Somehow we wish that it goes directly to the court for a hearing because the Embassy here in Manila is only prolonging our agony. The people at the Tribunal were very helpful and even told my fiancee that they don't see anything wrong why the ECO refused my case.

In addition to this, the ECO also mentioned that we don't have our wedding booked. The problem is the Registrar said that I should be a residence in the UK for 15 days before a wedding can be held. My fiancee just explained our situation and convinced the lady to reserved a wedding on the 12th of September. Even our local MP called the Registrar and said that it is not allowed by Law to book a wedding. The Immigration is confusing us :bigcry:

travina
18th August 2012, 09:30
Hi Travina,

is your bf not british? if your bf has a good job in the UK why else should he choose to live in the philippines when its not illegal that both of you lives in the uk. for me, its just not right for the ECO to say that coz thats a personal opinion. im sure the ECO dont want also to live here in the philippines for good.

travina
18th August 2012, 09:37
The people at the Tribunal were very helpful and even told my fiancee that they don't see anything wrong why the ECO refused my case.

so your fiance had actually talked to the tribunal? i would have to ask my bf also to phone them. when you said you were told the appeal will 3-6months, was it the tribunal who told you that? does it include the review of decision by the ECM? coz in the email that i received that the ECM given until dec 4 only to make a decision.

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 16:58
is your bf not british? if your bf has a good job in the UK why else should he choose to live in the philippines when its not illegal that both of you lives in the uk. for me, its just not right for the ECO to say that coz thats a personal opinion. im sure the ECO dont want also to live here in the philippines for good.

He is a British Subject an ex-Military Police and now running his own business. We are really disappointed to hear that from the ECO since the fiancee of my friend (now husband) is not even British and she got her visa :angry:

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 17:13
so your fiance had actually talked to the tribunal? i would have to ask my bf also to phone them. when you said you were told the appeal will 3-6months, was it the tribunal who told you that? does it include the review of decision by the ECM? coz in the email that i received that the ECM given until dec 4 only to make a decision.

The tribunal told my fiancee that it may take until December but they said maybe we can ring the embassy and chase them. I emailed the vfs and said 3-6 months. We also emailed different people who might help us.
I'm so glad that I landed in this forum, let's just update one another from time to time coz they might review our appeal at the same date. :rolleyes: Hope that it won't be long now

jehzroblenida
18th August 2012, 17:40
Does anyone know if it is possible to make an appointment at the British Embassy and ask for any update about an appeal? Or maybe contact the Ambassador to tell his people off?:icon_lol:

travina
19th August 2012, 01:50
Does anyone know if it is possible to make an appointment at the British Embassy and ask for any update about an appeal? Or maybe contact the Ambassador to tell his people off?:icon_lol:

your bf can do that. you just need to send an authorization letter to the embassy. and then i guess he can demand an answer of such refusal. thats what my bf did. he sent them a message and replied him a standard message and so he sent them a message again obliging them to answer it in a personal approach -case to case basis, and he demanded that it should be coming from the ecm or eco . and we both sent an email to the ambassador. its best to phone the embassy directly than vfs.

jehzroblenida
19th August 2012, 06:35
your bf can do that. you just need to send an authorization letter to the embassy. and then i guess he can demand an answer of such refusal. thats what my bf did. he sent them a message and replied him a standard message and so he sent them a message again obliging them to answer it in a personal approach -case to case basis, and he demanded that it should be coming from the ecm or eco . and we both sent an email to the ambassador. its best to phone the embassy directly than vfs.

He did call the +632 858 220 but it only direct him to another number and he waited for more than 10 minutes (NO ANSWER). Do you know any other number?

We also emailed the ukinthephilippines@fco.gov.uk but they only told him that they forward the email to the embassy. He demand to get an answer straight from the Ambassador and complaint about their service. We are still waiting for their answer. Whilst I don't get any answer from my email to them that's why i decided to ask the vfs coz I am really upset not getting an answer.... Do you know any other way to contact them?

travina
19th August 2012, 06:58
He did call the +632 858 220 but it only direct him to another number and he waited for more than 10 minutes (NO ANSWER). Do you know any other number?

We also emailed the ukinthephilippines@fco.gov.uk but they only told him that they forward the email to the embassy. He demand to get an answer straight from the Ambassador and complaint about their service. We are still waiting for their answer. Whilst I don't get any answer from my email to them that's why i decided to ask the vfs coz I am really upset not getting an answer.... Do you know any other way to contact them?

thats the number that I dialed and that i talked was a filipina i guess but she wont direct me to the ECM or the ECO. and my only query that time was about where to send the appeal. just tell your bf to keep sending email or keep calling them coz that really would annoy them. i have a british friend whose bf is from malaysia and they are a civil partner. his bf get his visa rejected 3 times and the 4th time he got so lucky but the lady in the manila embassy get so pissed off by my british friend coz he kept calling and sending emails. since the 1st application up to the 4th application he sent a total of 45 emails and that cost nearly 9000pounds for the embassy to answer that emails. so the lady gets so pissed off and used her personal number he guess to call his bf in malaysia to ask to tell his british bf to stop sending emails. and asked what wrong with his british bf. thats hilarious and then my british friend wrote a letter to the home secretary.

as his friend , he advised me though not ideal to keep sending emails if i am sure that they made a wrong decision to get them annoyed since they are oblige to answer every emails and that would cost them a pound to answer every emails and they dont want that because they are to be blame of every pound that will be spent on answering emails related to ridiculous refusal reasons. but they have no choice but to answer every emails and its their problem if they made a wrong refusal decision. then head office will tell them off because they could have save pounds if they didnt make wrong refusal decision.

jehzroblenida
19th August 2012, 07:09
:laugher: I think that's the reason why the person from the Tribunal told my fiancee "to annoy them"... British way to get an immediate answer :icon_lol:

Please let me know if ever you get an update Travina, I will do the same thing. Thank you

travina
19th August 2012, 12:53
hi jehzo

who did your fiance talked with at the tribunal? do you have direct contact or was the call being directed via the customer service?

jehzroblenida
19th August 2012, 14:49
hi jehzo

who did your fiance talked with at the tribunal? do you have direct contact or was the call being directed via the customer service?

We don't have direct number just via customer service which is 0300 123 1711

jehzroblenida
21st August 2012, 07:20
Hi Travina,

How are you? I received an email today telling me that they only got my Appeal Form last 13th of August but they don't have the supporting documents yet!

Hope you are ok!

travina
21st August 2012, 09:16
Hi Travina,

How are you? I received an email today telling me that they only got my Appeal Form last 13th of August but they don't have the supporting documents yet!

Hope you are ok!

hi jehz

i havent heard anything from them yet. you must be anxious now, lol. that was a quick postal time that it only took 10days. i thought the appeal form and documents will be sent together. i wish you luck jehz. ill update you as soon as i get mine.

jehzroblenida
21st August 2012, 09:23
hi jehz

i havent heard anything from them yet. you must be anxious now, lol. that was a quick postal time that it only took 10days. i thought the appeal form and documents will be sent together. i wish you luck jehz. ill update you as soon as i get mine.

I thought that they will have the supporting documents at the same time too. But they were saying the other way. The reason why they responded to my queries is we keep emailing them until they realize how eager we are with this appeal.:laugher:

Sometimes we also need to show them our sincerity to our case. And maybe they think we are already a pain in A*** :laugher:

jehzroblenida
21st August 2012, 09:26
About the postal time! The Tribunal informed my fiancee that it will take 2 days for the documents to be in Manila. Don't know who's telling the truth. We will just keep emailing them so they will look at our case immediately :icon_lol:

joebloggs
21st August 2012, 11:02
an appeal can take upto 6 months :NoNo:

travina
21st August 2012, 12:17

hi joe

6 did you just mean 6 months it takes for the ECM to either overturn or upheld the decision?

jehzroblenida
21st August 2012, 13:07

I received an email today from the ECM saying that they have 3 months to review the case. They had the Appeal Form last 13 August but the ECM was telling me that they don't have the supporting documents yet.. Is that possible? I thought the Tribunal will send it together.. Thank you!

joebloggs
21st August 2012, 13:17
supporting documents you should have sent them to the tribunal in the UK?, they will send them back to Manila :doh for the ECO manager to review the decision.

the ECO could over turn the refusal then and you should get your visa pretty soon or if its upheld then it will go to appeal.

jehzroblenida
21st August 2012, 13:23
supporting documents you should have sent them to the tribunal in the UK?, they will send them back to Manila :doh for the ECO manager to review the decision.

the ECO could over turn the refusal then and you should get your visa pretty soon or if its upheld then it will go to appeal.

I did sent the supporting documents few days after my online appeal. But the ECM was saying that they haven't got the supporting documents yet! Confusing because the Tribunal said they sent the appeal bundle on the 3 August. So I don't know why the ECM was saying that they don't have it.

travina
21st August 2012, 14:26
I did sent the supporting documents few days after my online appeal. But the ECM was saying that they haven't got the supporting documents yet! Confusing because the Tribunal said they sent the appeal bundle on the 3 August. So I don't know why the ECM was saying that they don't have it.

i tried to do the appeal online but the system was too slow. so i decided to just fill the form given and send it together with my supporting documents. i sent it to my bf address and he send it to the tribunal through uk post office. that way it will be quicker than sending it through a post office here. appeal bundle should contain the appeal form and the documents.

jehzroblenida
21st August 2012, 16:15
i tried to do the appeal online but the system was too slow. so i decided to just fill the form given and send it together with my supporting documents. i sent it to my bf address and he send it to the tribunal through uk post office. that way it will be quicker than sending it through a post office here. appeal bundle should contain the appeal form and the documents.

Maybe that's the reason why they have the Appeal Form coz it might be on their system since I made an online appeal... All supporting documents came from the UK, my fiancee sent it to the Tribunal. About the supporting documents, if the Tribunal said that it will only take 2 days for Manila Embassy to receive it... We think that maybe there are loads of Appeal Bundles on their stock room and they can't find mine... imao :icon_lol:

Oh well! We just have to wait if there will be any progress. I might ask my fiancee to ring the HM Tribunal to ask what is happening.

ConfusedMe
22nd August 2012, 01:44
There are a lot of refusals lately here in the forum. :NoNo: Hopefully your case will be okay Travina. Just provide as much evidence as you can think of. AS for my case, me and hubby met in MAy 2009 (whole month), then he went back the following year May 2010 and applied for the fiancee visa together. The evidence we used is our letters (yes they are old fashion but we both love the effort made to writing them), photos, the flight tickets / hotel bookings, passport stamps.

I didn't rely on computer generated communication alone (like Skype or emails) as they can easily be edited. Hope this helps :)

travina
22nd August 2012, 04:36
There are a lot of refusals lately here in the forum. :NoNo: Hopefully your case will be okay Travina. Just provide as much evidence as you can think of. AS for my case, me and hubby met in MAy 2009 (whole month), then he went back the following year May 2010 and applied for the fiancee visa together. The evidence we used is our letters (yes they are old fashion but we both love the effort made to writing them), photos, the flight tickets / hotel bookings, passport stamps.

I didn't rely on computer generated communication alone (like Skype or emails) as they can easily be edited. Hope this helps :)

i would be willing to give my skype account to the embassy lol. its just that the ECO used one's expectation or interpretation on how or what a subsisting relationship should be. the appeal bundle would arrive at the embassy between next week and first week of sept. our appeal is only about why my bf didnt come to visit me here and proving a 1 year relationship while i was in the uk.

jehzroblenida
22nd August 2012, 05:00
Hi Travina,

I received an email today, saying that they overturned the original decision to refuse. Just waiting for another email requesting my passport. Hope you will get yours soon.. God bless

travina
22nd August 2012, 05:19
Hi Travina,

I received an email today, saying that they overturned the original decision to refuse. Just waiting for another email requesting my passport. Hope you will get yours soon.. God bless

thats good news jehzo! im happy for you. hope ill get mine overturned also. thats really really good news.

Dave0555
22nd August 2012, 10:14
Hi Travina

Having discussed with others on the forum there is no point in giving you our reference number as each case is treated entirely on its own merit. I am very sorry and it must be very frustrating for you. We had no official marriage arrangements and did not submit chat logs, just told them that we chatted every day - no proof is actually required. I suspect that in our case, we are both mature people and I am a professional with a good job and so they just brush over the rest of the application. I did, however visit Cebu on two occasions and we submitted about 20 photographs from the two visits in different places with obvious landmarks in the background.

I wish you the very best of luck with the appeal - I know what you must me going through there. Be positive and I am sure God will see you right in the end.

Dave

joebloggs
22nd August 2012, 11:04
Hi Travina,

:Jump::Jump::Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:
good it didnt go to appeal. :rolleyes:

travina
22nd August 2012, 11:38
Hi Travina

Having discussed with others on the forum there is no point in giving you our reference number as each case is treated entirely on its own merit. I am very sorry and it must be very frustrating for you. We had no official marriage arrangements and did not submit chat logs, just told them that we chatted every day - no proof is actually required. I suspect that in our case, we are both mature people and I am a professional with a good job and so they just brush over the rest of the application. I did, however visit Cebu on two occasions and we submitted about 20 photographs from the two visits in different places with obvious landmarks in the background.

I wish you the very best of luck with the appeal - I know what you must me going through there. Be positive and I am sure God will see you right in the end.

Dave

hi joeblogg

jehzo got her visa overturned today. we are on the same situation. lengthy period of separation from our bf, no marriage preparation. and our appeal bundle was sent to the embassy by the tribunal on the same date. i think my bf has done a very good job in explaining what a subsisting relationship is and what else to consider that there is a genuine intention that we live together. when jehzo got overturned it gave me a bit of hope. hopefully it wont to appeal.

jehzroblenida
22nd August 2012, 15:52
:Jump::Jump::Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:
good it didnt go to appeal. :rolleyes:

Thank you joebloggs! Hope to get some help in the future :)

jehzroblenida
22nd August 2012, 15:59
hi joeblogg

jehzo got her visa overturned today. we are on the same situation. lengthy period of separation from our bf, no marriage preparation. and our appeal bundle was sent to the embassy by the tribunal on the same date. i think my bf has done a very good job in explaining what a subsisting relationship is and what else to consider that there is a genuine intention that we live together. when jehzo got overturned it gave me a bit of hope. hopefully it wont to appeal.

Have faith Travina! You will get yours soon if they see how eager you are to get married and be together. Can't wait to see my fiancee after 18 long months!