PDA

View Full Version : The Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

imagine
15th August 2012, 23:14
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/prince-philip-taken-to-hospital-2

grahamw48
16th August 2012, 00:11
Yes, saw it on the news.

I hope the old boy comes through ok.

Time they let him take it easy. :NoNo:

malditako
16th August 2012, 06:52
he's been always sick lately

CBM
16th August 2012, 21:38
Well, he's 91... and he's only recently allowed anyone to mention why he was Mentioned in Despatches following the Battle of Matapan.

He did say last year that he would be taking things a little easier... he could try actually taking things a little easier, but it's most unlikely that he will.

Another thing that he does not like to see mentioned is that he was a very early active participant in the conservation of wildlife, as President of the World Wildlife Fund.

It will be evident that I admire him immensely, and wish him well.

Terpe
17th August 2012, 13:18
He's remarkable considering his age.
He should try to cut down on his hectic lifestyle, but I guess in many ways that's what keeps him mentally and physically active.

He's a tough old boy and I hope he recovers fully.
Even these common issues and the associated treatments can be quite difficult at 90

And I'll bet he's not a 'good' patient. I know I'm not :D

KeithD
17th August 2012, 14:23
I wonder if they have a Royal Pee Taster to check for problems!!! :omg:

CBM
20th August 2012, 22:18
Well, the hospital threw him out today... he is an admirably tough old bird and would no doubt agree with the Buddha that "Strenuousness is the immortal path; sloth is the way of death!"

imagine
21st August 2012, 00:11
he does well for 90, hope im as fit if i get to that age :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st August 2012, 00:42
91. :)

I think I'll have been well-recycled by that age. :cwm3: