PDA

View Full Version : Allowing someone to have their Bank statements delivered to my address??

HACHE
17th August 2012, 21:43
Guys,
What problems can potentially arise if I allow someone to use my address for their bankstatements to come to my house....??? Its a long story, but its someone "close" asking a favour....
I've firstly thought about my credit rating being affected possibly...
Is it actually fraudulent? Can it just be a "postal address" or would it have to be officially their place of residence??
Thanks for any advice
Hache

imagine
17th August 2012, 22:20
i would think your credit rating definatly at risk, should they be or run into debt,

bigmarco
17th August 2012, 23:05
Hmm not sure you should do that. They can access credit and loans then and that could cause you problems. Why cant they have them delivered to their own address.

waytogo297
18th August 2012, 11:59
Suggest to the person concerned that they sign up for internet banking and just print off statements when they need them or read them online. If they they come up with a bunch of excuses that don't seem right as to why they can't, then you know it's dodgy.

Terpe
18th August 2012, 12:51
Guys,
What problems can potentially arise if I allow someone to use my address for their bankstatements to come to my house....??? Its a long story, but its someone "close" asking a favour....
I've firstly thought about my credit rating being affected possibly...
Is it actually fraudulent? Can it just be a "postal address" or would it have to be officially their place of residence??
Thanks for any advice
Hache

If you want to be completely clear of potential hassles then better your friend should state his address as:-

Friend's Name
C/O Your name
No and street
Town
Post code

Some organisations may not permit 'care-of' or 'mail-drop' addresses as it may be used for fraud.

In a worst case scenario by using C/O you put yourself in a much better position to defend any issues. Especially concerning the service of any court papers since it's clear that your address is not the residentail address of your friend.

Just a suggestion.

HACHE
21st August 2012, 09:27
Thanks for the advice guys and apologies for my late reply.

I appreciate that this type of question naturally throws up some queries of it's own.
Well, basically my GF of nearly a year had her college shut in back in April. We had some arguments about the timescale she had to find another college, but she's officially okay until october. She's found another college, is applying.
BUT last month she moved out of the house she's been living for last few years...to save cash etc, living with some friend. I don't think she can officially say she's living there...
HOWEVER, although she just asked about her bank statements being delivered to my address, I am aware of the fact that when she'll apply for the new visa she'll need a bonafide address, and I think this maybe is the first stage of that road.
Now, as far as i am concerned, it's dodgy, saying someone is (officially) living at mine when they're just a GF..
Obviously need to talk to her, but other's input before hand is obviously welcome, thanks!!
Hache