PDA

View Full Version : Norway mass killer Breivik jailed for 21 years

lastlid
24th August 2012, 10:03
"Thirteen months after a bomb attack and Europe's deadliest rampage by a lone gunman in peacetime, Norwegian far-right extremist Anders Behring Breivik was handed a 21-year prison sentence on Friday.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/norway-mass-killer-breivik-faces-sentence-023215492.html

joebloggs
24th August 2012, 13:08
21yrs :crazy:
for killing 77 people :NoNo:
whats that about 3 months in prison for each person .. :angry:

Dedworth
24th August 2012, 13:49
It's hard to believe that there are judicial systems with an even greater limp wristed attitude to sentencing than our own

lastlid
24th August 2012, 15:59
It's hard to believe that there are judicial systems with an even greater limp wristed attitude to sentencing than our own

Somebody I know got done for drunken driving in Norway. Persistent offender. He used to do 2 weeks in jail and 2 weeks on the rig in Norway, alternating till the end of his sentence.....:icon_lol:

bigmarco
24th August 2012, 16:04
Surely he'll have to spend the rest of his natural banged up. What a stupid sentence and quite insulting to the families of the victims.:cwm23:

Dedworth
24th August 2012, 16:14
Surely he'll have to spend the rest of his natural banged up. What a stupid sentence and quite insulting to the families of the victims.:cwm23:

Said on the news he'll only have to do 10 years

bigmarco
24th August 2012, 16:19
So there could be some truth in this article then

http://newsthump.com/2012/08/24/norway-set-to-become-holiday-hotspot-for-mass-murderers-following-breivik-sentence/

lastlid
24th August 2012, 16:55
Quite good facilities too. Complete with gym.

Terpe
24th August 2012, 17:02
He got the maximum legal sentence allowed.
There are many very easy and legal ways to prevent his release at any time under Norwegian law.
I personally don't see him ever getting released.

lastlid
24th August 2012, 18:36
There are many very easy and legal ways to prevent his release at any time under Norwegian law.

Yes, despite the "softer" conditions, I think the bottom line, in this case in particular, will be down to the protection of the public.

lastlid
24th August 2012, 19:36
"Is European right-wing extremism on the rise, particularly in Scandinavia? Why has this happened?

First of all, there is definitely a rise in extreme movements. How do we know? Because it has been documented by the police forces from the various countries in Scandinavia, the Norwegian police have certainly mentioned a rise in extreme activity.

The reasons for this rise are because of a perceived encroachment of Islam specifically, and more generally, the encroachment upon the cultural and political institutions by immigrants who are deemed not to have assimilated or integrated properly in these societies.

Have there been signs before now that right-wing extremism is bubbling over?

One of the signs which has allowed such extremism to come to the fore has been the legitimisation of more conservative policies and political groups in Northern Europe. And one of those is the emergence of the Danish People’s Party as a political force and certainly the rise of its leader Pia Kjærsgaard. Of course, she herself would not justify acts of violence but there is no doubt the cultural climate has been created that would allow acts of violence, potentially, to take place."

http://theconversation.edu.au/norway-killings-a-sign-of-extremism-on-the-rise-in-europe-2492

stevewool
24th August 2012, 19:40
only 1 sentance for people like him, DEATH, just my thought dont mean to offend anyone

andy222
24th August 2012, 20:20
There are people like him in a lot of countrys. It just hasnt kicked off yet.

Arthur Little
24th August 2012, 20:39
Somebody I know got done for drunken driving in Norway. Persistent offender. He used to do 2 weeks in jail and 2 weeks on the rig in Norway, alternating till the end of his sentence.....:icon_lol:

... some "rigmarole!" (Or should that :yeahthat: be "rigmaroll"?) :NEW1::drivingx::NEW1:

Cheers! :Beer:

lastlid
24th August 2012, 20:48
... some "rigmarole!" (Or should that :yeahthat: be "rigmaroll"?) :NEW1::drivingx::NEW1:

Cheers! :Beer:

He drank an amazing amount. Several pints of beer at lunch time daily and virtually 10 pints a night every day of the week. And as skinny as a rake.

Terpe
24th August 2012, 20:54
He drank an amazing amount. Several pints of beer at lunch time daily and virtually 10 pints a night every day of the week. And as skinny as a rake.

Wish I was skinny as a rake :D

Mind you I'm getting losing weight and waist inches to the extent that my trousers are far too big now.
Need to tighten my belt a few 'holes'.
Thinkin of getting some red braces :D

lastlid
24th August 2012, 20:56
Wish I was skinny as a rake :D

Mind you I'm getting losing weight and waist inches to the extent that my trousers are far too big now.
Need to tighten my belt a few 'holes'.
Thinkin of getting some red braces :D

I last saw him a few years back and was amazed he was still alive....:icon_lol: Your liver has to be healthier than his....

Terpe
24th August 2012, 21:16
I last saw him a few years back and was amazed he was still alive....:icon_lol: Your liver has to be healthier than his....

I've never been a lunchtime drinker ( or in fact a daytime drinker at all)
and I certainly couldn't drink 10 pints of beer a night, even if I could afford it :NoNo:

I had my annual 'MOT' last week and will get all the results next week.
My blood test involved 4 'draws' .... I hate it!!
One is specifically for liver function .... I may let you know.
If I don't you can suspect the worst.:omg:

lastlid
24th August 2012, 21:21
I've never been a lunchtime drinker ( or in fact a daytime drinker at all)
and I certainly couldn't drink 10 pints of beer a night, even if I could afford it :NoNo:

I had my annual 'MOT' last week and will get all the results next week.
My blood test involved 4 'draws' .... I hate it!!
One is specifically for liver function .... I may let you know.
If I don't you can suspect the worst.:omg:

4 draws? 4 syringes full?

Terpe
24th August 2012, 21:29
4 draws? 4 syringes full?

Yep, and despite the huge number of 'needle work' I had to go through during my travelling career, I never actually felt comfortable with the 'jabs' and always had to lie down and go through my mental routine.

You can image my retort when the nurse would say ' don't be a worried it's only a little prick' :omg:

lastlid
24th August 2012, 21:31
You can image my retort when the nurse would say ' don't be a worried it's only a little prick' :omg:

:omg: :icon_lol:

Terpe
24th August 2012, 21:33
:omg: :icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
24th August 2012, 21:34
Sorry for the off-topic lastlid :icon_sorry:

Nice to have some diversionary fun sometimes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th August 2012, 23:14
Nice to have some diversionary fun sometimes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Peter, :iagree: with you ... that is why I sometimes intersperse my posts with those (hopefully not too infuriating) puns of mine - like the one in #14 above :rolleyes: - where appropriate. :cwm24:

Arthur Little
24th August 2012, 23:38
Peter, :iagree: with you ... that is why I sometimes intersperse my posts with those (hopefully not too infuriating) puns of mine - like the one in #14 above :rolleyes: - where appropriate. :cwm24:

:anerikke: ... it's de rigeur :D ... for me, anyway. :yeahthat:

grahamw48
24th August 2012, 23:52

Yes, I reckon that sums up the situation. :xxgrinning--00xx3: