PDA

View Full Version : best couriers to use to send balikbayan box

alan/maleiya
26th August 2012, 12:27
Hi looking for some help as in how and who to use to send balikbayan box from Scotland to wifes family in mindanao

BRIAN WEBSTER
26th August 2012, 14:40
not sure if they carry from scotland but a company (philipino) company called forex cargo are brill i used them before from doncaster south yorkshire, they are on facebook just search the name and im sure you will find them ?

Steve.r
26th August 2012, 14:43
LBC for me

BRIAN WEBSTER
26th August 2012, 14:51
i didnt know they carry around the world ? just curious as what was there charges ! IE i sent a lge box i think was 36 x 36 but no weight limit 150 pound, as long as he could carry it to his van it wasnt a problem ? but down side was 8 weeks delivery door to door doncaster to cagayan de oro ! but they did tell me it was in manila in 6weeks, but from there it was delivered at philipine speed :icon_lol: 2 weeks later :icon_lol:

grahamw48
26th August 2012, 14:56
A couple of months transit time to Phils is perfectly normal, as it goes by sea...otherwise you'd be paying A LOT more money. :)

Terpe
26th August 2012, 16:36
The ships now all go at slowest speed to cut down on costs :)

Terpe
26th August 2012, 16:38
Hi looking for some help as in how and who to use to send balikbayan box from Scotland to wifes family in mindanao

Whereabouts (roughly) in Scotland?

stevewool
26th August 2012, 16:40
our 2 boxes took just 1 month from doorstep to opendoor, stepping over the flee bitten dog thats chained to the door to stop any sain person entering:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
26th August 2012, 16:42
I sent 6 one time...cost about 500 quid and weighed about 400 kilos...hate to have paid excess baggage on that lot. :cwm24:

alan/maleiya
26th August 2012, 16:50
South lanarkshire , terpe looking to send it middle of October so it gets there in time for xmas

Steve.r
26th August 2012, 22:20
LBC do a Jumbo Box which is only £75 door to door, no weight limit.

Eyes O'Donnell
27th August 2012, 03:58

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've used LBC for over 2 years. I personally watch them seal the boxes and then there should be stickers placed over the top of the box. I trusted LBC :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
27th August 2012, 15:16
I used Belwood for a few years, but they seem very slow now. Still waiting for boxs sent in June :NoNo: Im here in Phills permanent now and waiting is driving me crazy:doh.

raynaputi
27th August 2012, 15:36
LBC! :xxgrinning--00xx3: The tracking option in their website isn't working BUT just ask an update through their Facebook page and you would get an answer. I did it a lot of times and they have always replied to my queries. Quite surprising actually :D

msmaganda
8th September 2012, 18:31
Hi, it's my first time to use LBC Balikbayan Box, what is their facebook account please? are they really reliable? how many times have you used them in sending your package to phils?

raynaputi
8th September 2012, 18:59
Hi, it's my first time to use LBC Balikbayan Box, what is their facebook account please? are they really reliable? how many times have you used them in sending your package to phils?

You better call LBC UK, below is their contact info. Here's the website http://www.lbcexpress.com/UK and their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LBCexpress

LBC UNITED KINGDOM
UK Branch: Unit 9 Victoria Industrial Estate, Victoria Road, North Acton, London W36 6UU
Customer Service Hotline: 020-31102522

gWaPito
8th September 2012, 20:25

We had Lbc collect a jumbo box from us this Tuesday gone....the price is now £ 60...I did ask how long will it take to get to Manila...driver said a shipment leaves every Saturday..journey time is nearly always 25 days.

I think it all depends on where you live...for example, Terpe in Northampton cant get the Lbc Service.

Having said that...Lbc based in Acton have drivers all over the south....the driver who colleced from us this week lives in Bournemouth but that night he was gonna rough it in the van after dropping off his day's collections....then get some shut eye to do it all again following day.....the Merc van he had (Filipino driver) was 2 years old, had already 120, 000 miles on the clock...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
8th September 2012, 20:33
Also its a good idea using lbc for extended holiday in the phils...especially for the like of baby food bottle cleaner travel cots pushchairs etc etc...then when coming back fill another up with goodies you cant get in uk...:D lovely jubbly:D