PDA

View Full Version : London Metropolitan University may be banned from taking foreign students

joebloggs
27th August 2012, 10:32
London Metropolitan University may become the first in Britain to be banned from educating foreign students, according to reports.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2012-08-26/london-metropolitan-university-banned-from-taking-foreign-students/

Dedworth
27th August 2012, 11:57
Encouraging news they should withdraw all funding so this rogue establishment has to shut down

Terpe
27th August 2012, 15:55
By number of students this is up there as one of the biggest in UK.

I recently saw a TV news item about the threat of UKBA removing it's trusted status.

Whether factual or not we can't say, but UKBA do say that despite discussion this establishment is not conforming to the levels of monitoring and reporting that are required to keep 'tabs' on their international students.

If true then UKBA are correct in their approach.

grahamw48
27th August 2012, 16:52
Better late than never I suppose...like most govt. dept 'action'. :rolleyes:

Try going through a speed camera though if you want to test how efficient civil servants CAN be. :rolleyes:

Terpe
27th August 2012, 18:52
....Try going through a speed camera though if you want to test how efficient civil servants CAN be. :rolleyes:

I spent quite a few years as a civil servant and know very how efficient they can be:D

Dedworth
27th August 2012, 19:04
I wonder if these Universities have a governing body like schools - if so it would be interesting to ask them what disciplinary action they are taking against the sloppy admin staff. Reality probably is the place is run by an unsackable snout in the trough Chancellor

grahamw48
27th August 2012, 19:11
I spent quite a few years as a civil servant and know very how efficient they can be:D

Me too...MAFF at London HQ, Dept of Environment (PSA) and Dept of Employment (UBO).

Brother of course is FCO, one sister is NHS, the other Forestry Commission. Mother was Post Office (when they were Civil Service) and dad MOD (Army Dept) after he came out of the RN....blinkin family of them. :D

Terpe
28th August 2012, 07:38
For the genuine students it's a real blow as they are under time pressures to find an alternative. Then to go through the paper-chase again with UKBA.
Maybe even alternative accommodation too.

grahamw48
28th August 2012, 17:48
Yes, as usual the cheats screw it up for everyone else...Settlement Visas included. :NoNo: