PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of getting a job in europe if you dont speak the language?

andy222
27th August 2012, 14:11
Or are there any uk companys that have braches in europe.?

joebloggs
27th August 2012, 14:32
Or are there any uk companys that have braches in europe.?

whats up with southern Ireland, that's where some Brits go to exercise thier treaty rights :rolleyes:

Terpe
27th August 2012, 15:42
There are quite a few options really such as:-
Ireland, Malta, Cyprus, Netherlands, most Scandinavian Countries including Denmark

English is commonly understood and spoken especially in the larger cities.
Whether the employment opportunities are good is perhaps another question.

Would be worth doing some serious research.
Could be that a case of finding some creative means self-employment will do the trick.

But to be fair Andy that is really a major barrier to most folks against going down the EEA route for immigration purposes of non-EEA spouses

andy222
27th August 2012, 18:23
Thanks guys its not about going down the EEA route Terpe Im just sick of this country. In another few years you wont be able to afford to live here.

Terpe
27th August 2012, 18:58
Thanks guys its not about going down the EEA route Terpe Im just sick of this country. In another few years you wont be able to afford to live here.

Hmmm, in principle that's how I feel. However in my case the target is Philippines.
My wife is getting very close to thinking the same now.

Andy, I'm not sure Europe is going to work out any cheaper.
Although with your family around you're sure to be happier and more content. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
27th August 2012, 19:31
Very wise words Terpe. I was with a patient the other day and his son was telling me he could not get his fiance over here because he has not seen her for 2 years. I will not mention where he came from but you can guess. He said he can not understand it because he earns £65000 per year. I told him about my problems. He said your too honest. He said my friend will provide you with 6 months payslips and a contract of employment for a small sum of money. This is true.

joebloggs
27th August 2012, 19:40
Very wise words Terpe. I was with a patient the other day and his son was telling me he could not get his fiance over here because he has not seen her for 2 years. I will not mention were he came from but you can guess. He said he can not understand it because he earns £65000 per year. I told him about my problems. He said your too honest. He said my friend will provide you with 6 months payslips and a contract of employment for a small sum of money. This is true.

i can believe it, but things have changed now, they will want bank statements showing the wages going in and also they can check with the taxman

i think a solicitor was done for doing something similar to this not long ago and got a prison sentence.

andy222
27th August 2012, 19:42
Obviously there is ways around it Joe but you will be pleased that I am not going down that route.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
27th August 2012, 19:57
You can be sure that the whole country has been riddled with people doing that for many many years....just as with MPs and their dodgy expenses.

Whether or not it will be possible for 'the usual suspects' in places like Bradford, Southall and Leicester to sidestep the current regs...time will tell.

Curt Aines
9th September 2012, 19:13
Zilch

Steve.r
9th September 2012, 19:34
Zilch

If you want to be part of the forum, please post with something constructive. Posting negatively will not win you any friends.

Curt Aines
9th September 2012, 19:44
:ReadIt:
People can be very sensitive oh la la

grahamw48
9th September 2012, 21:32
Oooh dear...and some people just don't get it. :NoNo:

tiger31
10th September 2012, 05:55

this is very true ,i have a friend living in holland and he said its the best thing he ever did no going back to uk.i also have a brother who lives in germany he said exactly the same thing lots of jobs better living standards etc and will never move back to the u.k .i,m only comin back to let the g f sample british life i doubt if we,ll stay there unless i,m over ruled by her royal highness lol

Terpe
10th September 2012, 08:47
this is very true ,i have a friend living in holland and he said its the best thing he ever did no going back to uk.i also have a brother who lives in germany he said exactly the same thing lots of jobs better living standards etc and will never move back to the u.k .i,m only comin back to let the g f sample british life i doubt if we,ll stay there unless i,m over ruled by her royal highness lol

With your EU connections why choose the highly expensive and risky UK route over the totally free and unrestrictive EEA route?

Peter D
10th September 2012, 17:32
I met a Filippina recently in Spain where she has been working for a while , she does not speak Spanish just a few words to get by in shops etc but has managed to get a job as a nanny earning approx 1000 Euro/month , not great money but tax free and as usual she is managing to send half her money home to support her family . She is working 9 to 10 hour days Mon to Friday then 8 am to 2pm Saturday . The only benefit I can see she gets is free accommodation / food etc probably notionally worth another 500 Euro / month but she still feels the need to get away from the job at weekends so rents a room with a friend . I met several of her friends all working as nannys but it seems since the credit crunch lots of high earners who would once have been the main employers can no longer afford a nanny . The working conditions vary from virtual slave to reasonable , all depends of course on the family you work for , I was surprised at what some of them were having to accept seems they are asked to do just about everything . One thing that they did not seem to worry about was getting ill or needing a dentist , just as well as health insurance etc is out of the question for them and they cannot get it free .

tiger31
11th September 2012, 05:09
well we are not married does that not make a difference we have only been living together 18 months in the philippines.