PDA

View Full Version : FLR(M) Premium Service PEO Appt questions

Trefor
29th August 2012, 21:31
Hi. We are marrying soon, Rose will need to apply for FLR(M) afterwards. We plan to use the Premium service at a PEO. We went online to try to book an appointment, but whatever date range we choose there are no appointments - at ANY PEO! Surely this is not right?

I also read they will need our case number to complete the booking. I guess we don't get this until we submit the application online? Can we submit our application before the marriage date?

It seems that if there are no preium PEO appointments available for 2012 looking now that it won't get any better in a month's time when we are married?!

Anyone have any hints or suggestions on this topic?

aprilmaejon
1st September 2012, 11:32
We submitted our documents for FLR application via a post. There was no problem at all and besides it is cheaper that the premium. You can post immediately your documents after the wedding if all of the documents are ready. If premium, you need to book it and it depends upon the availability of the office you choose.

aprilmaejon
1st September 2012, 11:35
You can't submit the application before the marriage...because obviously, you need the marriage certificate as a proof that you two are already married.

Trefor
1st September 2012, 12:24
Thanks guys. We were hoping to speed things along with a Premium appointment. Plus there is a risk her passport won't be back before Christmas = no visit home.

baz99
8th November 2012, 21:30
Hi Guys - I am new to this thread but found this thread very useful.

I was wondering if anybody can help clear up some questions/queries I have regarding applying at a PEO under the FLR(M) visa;

1. On the main UKBA website, it says that "You can submit your application online, and then submit your supporting documents and a printout of the form by post, by courier or in person". But when I sign into my account and find the correct application form FLR(M) it only allows me to download a paper copy. My confusion is that I thought that "You can submit your application online" meant that you fill out the application form online rather than having to download a paper copy.

2. If I download a copy, how does it work? Do I apply for an appointment at a PEO and take the completed downloaded paper form along with supporting documents to the appointment?

3. I believe it asks for a "Case ID number" when booking an appointment at a PEO. Where do I get this from?

4. How can I find out which PEO's deal with FLR(M) applications as I understand not all PEO's can process certain visas.

I would really appreciate if anybody could shed some light onto these queries. The UKBA website I have found to be confusing and not very intuitive.

Many many thanks for any help.

Baz

melovesengland
9th November 2012, 00:49
we have submitted my flr m application via post this week. we checked the royal mail tarcking service and it was recieved the next day we posted it.

as far as i know, i stand to be corrected, you need to print the form and write in your details and submit it with your supporting docus.

you cannot submit the app unless you two are already married as your soon to be wife will be applying as your spouse and the marriage cert will serve as the proof.

sending via post as you know is £300 cheaper than the Premium. and i agree with what april said.

im sure you will hear more from the experts on that matter. :smile:

sars_notd_virus
10th November 2012, 01:39
Hi. We are marrying soon, Rose will need to apply for FLR(M) afterwards. We plan to use the Premium service at a PEO. We went online to try to book an appointment, but whatever date range we choose there are no appointments - at ANY PEO! Surely this is not right?

I also read they will need our case number to complete the booking. I guess we don't get this until we submit the application online? Can we submit our application before the marriage date?

It seems that if there are no preium PEO appointments available for 2012 looking now that it won't get any better in a month's time when we are married?!

Anyone have any hints or suggestions on this topic?

there is a lot of backlog left by the ukba 's old system and are still under recovery for the new system biometrics etc.. everything are centralized i think including the bank verification system... I would suggest to try to book and check the PEO online booking every single hour of day for appointments or try walking in in one of them offices....
and
NO!! you cant book an appointment until you are married and get your certified documents.

Trefor
10th November 2012, 11:17
We have out appointment with a PEO very soon. Her ladyship booked it after someone suggested waiting until the middle of the night to do a search for appointments - it seems the system might be returning 'no appointments available' when the answer really is 'system busy, stop asking, I've too many people looking at the moment'. Our appointment is in the least convenient PEO but I don't care, I'm happy to travel and pay the extra just to get it sorted on the day (hopefully).

Btw, careful everyone - there is a new form to use dated 09/2012 - this replaces the other 'new' form form 07/2012.

Trefor
14th November 2012, 09:55
Well we went to Belfast yesterday and got Rose's FLR (M) sorted very easily. The whole process from walking in the door took 2 hours, but I think they took a lunchbreak during the processing. All vey polite, efficient and easy to do. Just waiting for the Biometric card to arrive now.

I'll let Rose (Vernier Caliper) post more about this, but seriously for all those with a straightforward case who are thinking of applying by post, think of the stress involved in waiting vs the £300 (+travel costs) - well worth it IMO. Also, the UK BA Belfast office is a very quiet place, there were only around 10 people being processed during our time there - from what I hear it is very different at the other locations.

Let us know if you have any questions (Rose already posted something about how to find an appointment but basically try in the middle of the night, especially on a Monday morning - this seems to be when cancellations get 'released' into the system).

T/.

bhem_bhem
14th November 2012, 12:46
that's good to hear and congrats..:xxgrinning--00xx3: hopefully it'll be the same with liverpool.. got appointment with them tomorrow at 2pm.. :cwm3:

Trefor
14th November 2012, 18:53
that's good to hear and congrats..:xxgrinning--00xx3: hopefully it'll be the same with liverpool.. got appointment with them tomorrow at 2pm.. :cwm3:

Best of luck! Please share your experience with us!

T/.

bhem_bhem
14th November 2012, 18:58
Best of luck! Please share your experience with us!

T/.

yeah sure.. thnx trefor.. :smile: