PDA

View Full Version : need advise about employment status while my application is on process.

Tinker
29th August 2012, 23:03
Does anybody there can give me an advice regarding with employment status. My student NVQ visa expired last 31st july 2012, I submitted my FLR form last 19th of July, and received a letter from UKBA 3rd of Aug 2012. At the moment I am jobless because my previous employer wants a confirmation from UKBA that I am eligible to work even though my visa expired, then they can re-hire me again. I am really got confused, dont want to rely with and wait for them and I want to find for another job, what will be my status if I apply for another job..advice please..many thanks.

Terpe
30th August 2012, 11:04
As it stands right now your student visa is expired and your entitled to work under that visa is no longer applicable.
Until you have been granted a settlement status under FLR you are not able to work unless UKBA/Home Office have written to provide a different status.

If you apply for and are offered another job neither you nor the employer will be able to provide the needed documentary evidence.

On the positive side, since you already applied for FLR before your student visa expiry then your immigration status is at least preserved.

Hope that helps.

Tinker
10th September 2012, 19:40
Thanks Terpe but its all in a chaos:bigcry:
I am eligible to work in my old visa, The UKBA said i am still eligible to work, but the county is too strict nd they want confirmation from UKBA, although i send them already the confirmation.. I am just hoping I can find another job without my passport. Thanks a lot for your reply.;)