PDA

View Full Version : is this true ??? someone can pls say that this is true

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 10:01
after i sent to them my authorisation letter ... this is what i get ..

Dear Mrs Rhaichard

This is to acknowledge the authorisation letter you have sent for your husband.

Please be informed that the decision to refuse your application for entry clearance has been reviewed by an Entry Clearance Manager and has been overturned. Please submit your passport so that an Entry Clearance Officer can consider your application further.

Please send your passport, via courier, to the Embassy within 2 weeks from the date of this letter to the following address:

Correspondence Team MNL/ 7****

International Operations and Visas

British Embassy Manila

120 Upper McKinley Road

McKinley Hill

Taguig City 1634

PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE A PRE-PAID COURIER RETURN ENVELOPE. You can use the following courier companies: LBC/Aboitiz 2GO/JRS Express/DHL Express/Air 21.

Failure to do so will result in your original documents and passport not being returned.

NOTE: We can only accept passports that have been forwarded through a courier.

Yours sincerely

Ms B Pastolero

Appeals and Correspondence Manager, Manila Visa Hub

NE Asia/Australasia

International Operations and Visas

UK Border Agency

can anyone tell to me that this is real ... and im not dreaming ... :Cuckoo:

Terpe
6th September 2012, 10:10
Well Well, that's what you've been waiting for :Jump:

As expected, the ECM has overturned the refusal. :Jump:

Closely follow all instructions to forward your passport to the British Embassy for the approved visa to be added.

Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
6th September 2012, 10:19
Whoooohooooo!! :Jump::Jump: congratulations

andy222
6th September 2012, 10:21
I guess someone put Mr Rhodes under some pressure. Well done.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eyes O'Donnell
6th September 2012, 10:40
:Jump::Jump: congratulations :Jump::Jump:

joebloggs
6th September 2012, 11:03
yes that good news :Jump: , they didnt have much choice unless they wanted to look :Cuckoo::crazy: if it went to a hearing :doh

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:18
passport sent to british embassy via LBC

cant stop jumping ... my husband always send a message to me while he's working telling that he cant stop smiling ...:Jump::Jump::Jump:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:20
im very thankful to GOD and to all of you guys especially to all the expert members here ..

without you all of your advice and effort ... we dont know what we gonna do ...

i need to wait until next week to get my passport again ... :laugher::laugher::Hellooo::Hellooo:

raynaputi
6th September 2012, 11:21
Wow Congrats!!! :Jump:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:22
next step ...

LUNG X'RAY for TB screening
and CFO ...

cant wait to see my hubby again in the airport for picking me up herein the philippines with his big smile

THANKS GUYS ...
gladly im in this forum
:Jump::Jump::Cuckoo:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:23
im only suffering for loneliness and dissapoint for 6days hehehe .... :Rasp::Jump:

andy222
6th September 2012, 11:24
I sent this to them I guess my application will be refused.:icon_lol:

Thank you very much for your quick reply to this matter. I emailed you on behalf of a colleague of mine. I find it very distressing that this is happening to genuine people. Just to make it clear in my opinion 99% of British men marrying a Filipino spouse tell the truth. People like Rhodes make their life a misery. I got married in Boracay last year but because of the new rules at this moment in time I cannot put a application in until next year. My member of Parliament is looking into the new rules.. My fear is people like Mr Rhodes who obviously does not know the rules will receive my application and refuse it. What you have to bare in mind is that appeals cost the government a lot of money. Filipino women are not a threat to the UK. In fact many come here and work hard.

Yours Sincerely

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:25
Well Well, that's what you've been waiting for :Jump:

As expected, the ECM has overturned the refusal. :Jump:

Closely follow all instructions to forward your passport to the British Embassy for the approved visa to be added.

Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks to you hehe

travina
6th September 2012, 11:26
rhaichard

congrats! getting mad now as to how its taking ages to review mine, hehe

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:26

Thank you very much for your quick reply to this matter. I emailed you on behalf of a colleague of mine. I find it very distressing that this is happening to genuine people. Just to make it clear in my opinion 99% of British men marrying a Filipino spouse tell the truth. People like Rhodes make their life a misery. I got married in Boracay last year but because of the new rules at this moment in time I cannot put a application in until next year. My member of Parliament is looking into the new rules.. My fear is people like Mr Rhodes who obviously does not know the rules will receive my application and refuse it. What you have to bare in mind is that appeals cost the government a lot of money. Filipino women are not a threat to the UK. In fact many come here and work hard.

Yours Sincerely

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:28
rhaichard

congrats! getting mad now as to how its taking ages to review mine, hehe

hhhmmm i dont know ... but we only follow the expert advice here especially TERPE and for ANDY that keep sending email to them also

andy222
6th September 2012, 11:29
Sorry about the colleague bit because I dont even know you but what happened to people like you and bigmarco is disgusting.

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 11:34
Sorry about the colleague bit because I dont even know you but what happened to people like you and bigmarco is disgusting.

its fine hehe ... we are colleague :)
thnx for emailing them also ...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
6th September 2012, 11:35
No problem.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 12:27
im just thinking about the appeal :)

i dont know if TRIBUNAL get our appeal yet ..
we complete the appeal form and send it to TRIBUNAL last monday that is 3 Sept, my husband send his letter to CONSULAR service and i send emails to UKPHILIPPINES ... CONSULAR service passed my husband letter to the MANILA VISA ENQUIRIES ... MANILA VISA ENQUIRIES send email to us and want authorisation letter from me last night and then i passed my authorisation letter this morning after that i received email again for my passport ..

our appeal now is useless :doh:icon_lol::Jump::laugher::Rasp::Cuckoo:

Terpe
6th September 2012, 13:07

we complete the appeal form and send it to TRIBUNAL last monday that is 3 Sept, my husband send his letter to CONSULAR service and i send emails to UKPHILIPPINES ... CONSULAR service passed my husband letter to the MANILA VISA ENQUIRIES ... MANILA VISA ENQUIRIES send email to us and want authorisation letter from me last night and then i passed my authorisation letter this morning after that i received email again for my passport ..

Don't do anything with the appeal until you hold in your hands your passport and visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arjie
6th September 2012, 13:27
Wow!!! Congtratulation !!..I've been reading your all thread here and at last you are waiting for your visa now..I am very happy for both of you Rhaichard...

God is good!!:):)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
6th September 2012, 13:30
question ; are all the eco ecm people at the british embassey in manilla british nationals ?

joebloggs
6th September 2012, 13:32
question ; are all the eco ecm people at the british embassey in manilla british nationals ?

no i don't believe they have to be, thou some will be, as long as they have had security checks done.

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 14:03

i passed my appeal last monday ...

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 14:04
Wow!!! Congtratulation !!..I've been reading your all thread here and at last you are waiting for your visa now..I am very happy for both of you Rhaichard...

God is good!!:):)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes he is... thankx

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 14:06
when we get my husband CNI i saw some in the british embassy is not british national:NoNo:

sheldon1
6th September 2012, 14:18
I am so please At last common sense has prevailed. And decent hard working people have been rewarded. This is your gold medal Rhaichard. Very well done!!

Sheldon

BoholoX
6th September 2012, 14:32
Fantastic news, congratulations

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 14:36
I am so please At last common sense has prevailed. And decent hard working people have been rewarded. This is your gold medal Rhaichard. Very well done!!

Sheldon

thanks ,...
without this forum ..
i dont know hahah
clueless ... :NoNo::doh

lastlid
6th September 2012, 14:38
Yeeha. And I hope the original ECO got his butt kicked. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 14:39
thanks guys ...

thanks also to Ms B Pastolero
for her attention and effort
reading our complaint ... :Jump::Jump::Jump:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 14:39
Yeeha. And I hope the original ECO got his butt kicked. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

same here hahah ... :laugher:

lastlid
6th September 2012, 14:40

Yours Sincerely

Nice one. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th September 2012, 14:45
:Jump: ... truly MARVELLOUS news, Rhaichard. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 14:53
yes it is :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

febmary
6th September 2012, 15:47
Congrats!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:. Sounds a great miracle...

Rhose
6th September 2012, 16:10
wow! just been out for how many hours and the first thing I read is a great news!!! :) congratulations rhaichard!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: thumbs up for you and for your hubby!!! :Jump: :Jump:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 16:23
wow! just been out for how many hours and the first thing I read is a great news!!! :) congratulations rhaichard!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: thumbs up for you and for your hubby!!! :Jump: :Jump:

thanks ... it will be nice if my passport is in my hand with my visa ...:laugher::laugher:

rhaichard
6th September 2012, 16:24
Congrats!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:. Sounds a great miracle...

very great miracle that we get their attention :laugher::laugher::icon_lol::icon_lol:

gWaPito
6th September 2012, 19:19
Congratulations....Enjoy the next chapter of your lives, in our green and pleasant land :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
6th September 2012, 19:58
congratulations

bigmarco
6th September 2012, 23:16
At last common sense prevails. Congratulations to you both :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Iani
6th September 2012, 23:20
Yay congrats, reading that's really made my night :xxgrinning--00xx3: really pleased for you both.

Course, you do know it's cold, wet, miserable, everyone complains, the food's disgusting, the tories are in charge, petrol's too expensive, we only get about 3 weeks of sunshine a year, it's crowded, but welcome to the UK :D

bigmarco
6th September 2012, 23:20

Yours Sincerely

I think they might not be tempted to refuse you Andy. They might just be thinking if he does this for a colleague, he's going to be a pain in the :action-smiley-081: when it's his turn. Well done and good luck. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
7th September 2012, 01:36
Yay congrats, reading that's really made my night :xxgrinning--00xx3: really pleased for you both.

Course, you do know it's cold, wet, miserable, everyone complains, the food's disgusting, the tories are in charge, petrol's too expensive, we only get about 3 weeks of sunshine a year, it's crowded, but welcome to the UK :D

yeah haha i miss my ENGLAND life ... its only ashamed i will be there again in winter

rhaichard
7th September 2012, 01:37
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS ...

going to the clinic now to have LUNG XRAY
cant wait really :laugher::laugher::laugher:

rhaichard
7th September 2012, 01:38
Congratulations....Enjoy the next chapter of your lives, in our green and pleasant land :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: agree but atleast before the end of the month or autumn season start im in england again :Jump::Jump:

andy222
7th September 2012, 06:29
I think they might not be tempted to refuse you Andy. They might just be thinking if he does this for a colleague, he's going to be a pain in the :action-smiley-081: when it's his turn. Well done and good luck. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: :laugher::laugher::laugher: We live and learn marco. Maybe this is the way to go in future. It doesnt cost anything to send a email.

lastlid
7th September 2012, 06:45
It's a relief and a good sign for those that are dependent on overtime / bonuses to get over the requirement threshold.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Julie0904
7th September 2012, 07:12
This is great news! Congratulations on your success!
Can you please help me how can I contact the ECM?
I want to follow your good example so that I can catch their
attention on my appeal!

Success story like this gives hope to those who are still waiting...

Iani
7th September 2012, 07:32
^^ What he said

PLUS the fact this was overruled so fast suggests whoever looked at it knew damn well immediately they had made an indefensible :censored: -up. Hopefully the cretin responsible has got an utter kicking from his manager :cwm23:

jehzroblenida
7th September 2012, 08:37
So happy for you rhaichard! I told you, everything will be ok! :)

rhaichard
8th September 2012, 03:32

yeah ... cant wait to hold my passport again with my visa ... i hope i can catch on your flight hahahahah :laugher::laugher:

rhaichard
8th September 2012, 03:39
This is great news! Congratulations on your success!
Can you please help me how can I contact the ECM?
I want to follow your good example so that I can catch their
attention on my appeal!

Success story like this gives hope to those who are still waiting...

here's the email of manila visa enquiries manilavisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk
we send email to the ambassador also via ukphilippines@fco.gov.uk

my husband send also his letter to CONSULAR service and CONSULAR sent his letter to MANILA VISA HUB they only want is my authorisation letter .. when i sent my authorisation letter to them the next day that i received their email in the afternoon they ask me to send my passport because the ECO refusal decision has been overturned.

rhaichard
8th September 2012, 03:40

thanks for all the help ...:Jump::Jump:

Marie
8th September 2012, 03:45
congratulations....God is good always..

rhaichard
8th September 2012, 05:26
It's a relief and a good sign for those that are dependent on overtime / bonuses to get over the requirement threshold.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
8th September 2012, 05:27
congratulations....God is good always..

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks:Hellooo:

quickwillow
8th September 2012, 05:50
:waver:I'm so happy for you both,:waver:

chieldave
8th September 2012, 06:55
after all the frustrations that you've been through..u deserve this priceless gift..happy for both of you:):Jump:

lastlid
8th September 2012, 07:08
To be honest, this is a major blunder on the part of the ECO. And confirms to me that they don't have a foolproof series of doublechecks in place to deal with such blunders. Clearly this ECO wasn't aware of the new ruling.

Amazing.

andy222
8th September 2012, 07:10
Yes I am very happy for both of you of course. But he might not appreciate me posting this but spare a thought for bigmarco and his wife they have been through a lot and have to go to a appeal. The very best of luck to you Bigmarco and your wife. Im sure you will be fine.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
8th September 2012, 07:12
To be honest, this is a major blunder on the part of the ECO. And confirms to me that they don't have a foolproof series of doublechecks in place to deal with such blunders. Clearly this ECO wasn't aware of the new ruling.

Amazing.

Like I said before Lastlid 6" high letters and make sure everything is clear to them.

lastlid
8th September 2012, 07:16
Like I said before Lastlid 6" high letters and make sure everything is clear to them.

Yep. Exactly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DanandClavs
13th September 2012, 16:53
Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you are not required to take the TB screening if you are from the Philippines.....

Terpe
13th September 2012, 18:33
Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you are not required to take the TB screening if you are from the Philippines.....

Strictly speaking Chest X-Ray is not stipulated by UKBA guidelines.
However, the Immigration Officers at the border control can and sometimes do request that they want it done at the airport. It depends on the airport also. Not all airports have that facility.
It's not a major issue just a short delay.

rhaichard
14th September 2012, 07:12

its better to be prepare that to be stuck at the airport ..

as the other members said ... your lucky if they don't ask about your chest x'ray .. :icon_lol:

Doc Alan
14th September 2012, 09:24
" Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you are not required to take the TB screening if you are from the Philippines..... "

" Strictly speaking Chest X-Ray is not stipulated by UKBA guidelines.
However, the Immigration Officers at the border control can and sometimes do request that they want it done at the airport. It depends on the airport also. Not all airports have that facility.
It's not a major issue just a short delay. "
" ...its better to be prepare that to be stuck at the airport ..

as the other members said ... your lucky if they don't ask about your chest x'ray . "

TB is a major global public health problem, the Philippines being one of the countries where it is especially serious. So, while you may “ get away with “ not being asked for a chest X Ray for the time being, changes are planned over the next year or so.

It’s intended that airport-based screening ( where it exists ) will be replaced with a pre – entry screening programme – and this WILL apply to the Philippines. Migrants wanting to enter the UK for more than 6 months will need to be screened before they are granted a visa. The UK government claims this will save the taxpayer, by not screening here and also requiring treatment – if needed - in the country of origin.
Pre – entry screening is especially important to pick up active lung TB, as it has the greatest risk of infecting others. Public health action at airports to protect against people with infectious TB will remain.
Screening for TB may include – in addition to a chest X Ray – a Mantoux skin test, a blood test , sputum ( spit ) sample if you have a cough, and possibly others . The cost - effectively added to that of the visa – will depend on where, and what, tests are available and treatment needed.

The actual chances of an intending partner, fiancée or spouse of a forum member having TB are slight. Those most at risk are people with HIV/AIDS, homeless, slum dwellers, refugees, illegal migrants, alcoholics, people who misuse substances, prisoners, miners, people on immunosuppressives, those with cancer and malnutrition, and health workers ( who are aware of the risk ).
See also :-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/31919-TB-curable-but-a-long-way-to-go. ( #20 )
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/media-centre/press-releases/screening-tuberculosis-UK
http://www.hpa.org.uk/NewsCentre/NationalPressReleases/2012PressReleases/120522TBscreening/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/may/42-tb-test

DanandClavs
14th September 2012, 11:31
I see, I didn't realise it would even be an issue. So how much have you paid for your TB screens ? and do they have the facility to screen at Heathrow ?? Also, how long would it hold you up if they insisted on the screening at the airport ??

travina
14th September 2012, 12:05
I see, I didn't realise it would even be an issue. So how much have you paid for your TB screens ? and do they have the facility to screen at Heathrow ?? Also, how long would it hold you up if they insisted on the screening at the airport ??

Chest Xray at Heathrow airport is free of charge . fewer the immigrants who has not had their cxr done the quicker you can get it done. I was stuck also at the airport for 3 hours .

rhaichard
14th September 2012, 12:15

i got my x'ray for 200php in private clinic and i've got the result the next day ..Jehzroblenida get here chest x'ray done in UE yesterday and she paid 900php , she will get her x'ray result tomorrow

rhaichard
14th September 2012, 12:17
Chest Xray at Heathrow airport is free of charge . fewer the immigrants who has not had their cxr done the quicker you can get it done. I was stuck also at the airport for 3 hours .

me ??? i stucked for almost 2hrs only for the queue in immigration :laugher::laugher: and not because for the chest x ray

DanandClavs
14th September 2012, 13:45
Thank you guys :) for 200Php £3 ! I think i'l send her for the x-ray... 3 hours delay after that long flight would have me :furious3:

DanandClavs
14th September 2012, 13:47
me ??? i stucked for almost 2hrs only for the queue in immigration :laugher::laugher: and not because for the chest x ray

Crikey Rhaichard.. why the hell was that..? Im sure whoever was picking you up from the airport was none too pleased either..

rhaichard
14th September 2012, 13:53
Crikey Rhaichard.. why the hell was that..? Im sure whoever was picking you up from the airport was none too pleased either..

yeah im sure , but my hubby's with me at that time ... he also on my side when im in the queue instead go to quickest passport checking for him:laugher::laugher:

rhaichard
14th September 2012, 13:55
a lot of arrival of foreign people want to visit at that time .. its 10th december last year ... and a lot of staff is on striked :laugher::laugher::laugher:

rhaichard
14th September 2012, 14:04
Thank you guys :) for 200Php £3 ! I think i'l send her for the x-ray... 3 hours delay after that long flight would have me :furious3:

19hrs in the plane plus the stopover :laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher: