PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone brought there pet dog to the uk from the philippines

tiger31
6th September 2012, 13:39
if so what sort of price are we looking at and how do you go about it .she,s only a chihuahua the g f wan,ts to bring her with her to the uk once we get the visa

BoholoX
6th September 2012, 14:29
Good timing tiger31

I'm just investigating bringing our Labrador back. Costs are pretty horrific so be warned. So far I've discovered:

Cathay Pacific fly out of Cebu (that's where u r yes?) via Hong Kong to Heathrow and are authorised IATA carriers, not everyone is, and they charge $60USD per kg of pet inc crate
They can only travel cargo (different terminal to passenger) and you need an IATA specified crate (pet shop in SM sells them) Chihuaha size probably P6000
You need Cebu Quarantine clearance (near Pier 1) only about P100
They can avoid quarantine in the UK if they are microchipped and rabies blood tested but guess what, no authorised testing centre in the RP. Also need to be de-tapewormed approx 24 hours before travel with vets certificate of ok to fly. You can get them microchipped there approx P4000 (Bohol price)
Once they land Heathrow,wait for it, £400 to clear customs. They they need pick up by authorised quarantine kennels c£300 then 4 months in quarantine c£300 a month
My stupid dog (35kgs) is going to cost about £3000 in total, but we love him and he is a family pet and my son adores him. However the various offers of leaving him with another ex-pat are tempting at that price.....
A lot of the quarantine centres are closing in the UK as the rules have recently changed so also you may not have a place close by where you can visit.
Best of luck!

Bluebirdjones
6th September 2012, 15:09
If you were Korean there'd be no problem ..

...... you could eat it as part of the celebratory departure dinner !

:omg: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
6th September 2012, 15:10
if so what sort of price are we looking at and how do you go about it .she,s only a chihuahua the g f wan,ts to bring her with her to the uk once we get the visa

Surely half price for a chihuahua. :icon_lol:

imagine
6th September 2012, 15:11
im a dog lover but, if i had that problem id let it go, but thats me, good on you for supporting bringing the dog :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
6th September 2012, 15:13
If you were Korean there'd be no problem ..

...... you could eat it as part of the celebratory departure dinner !

:omg: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

chihuahua na :NoNo: not enough meat on it to make a snack :icon_lol:

Terpe
6th September 2012, 15:16

Good info from BoholoX :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Also take at look at this defra webpage (http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/pet-owners/#c)

Just follow the appropriate links and best of luck.

tiger31
6th September 2012, 16:39
Good timing tiger31

I'm just investigating bringing our Labrador back. Costs are pretty horrific so be warned. So far I've discovered:

Cathay Pacific fly out of Cebu (that's where u r yes?) via Hong Kong to Heathrow and are authorised IATA carriers, not everyone is, and they charge $60USD per kg of pet inc crate
They can only travel cargo (different terminal to passenger) and you need an IATA specified crate (pet shop in SM sells them) Chihuaha size probably P6000
You need Cebu Quarantine clearance (near Pier 1) only about P100
They can avoid quarantine in the UK if they are microchipped and rabies blood tested but guess what, no authorised testing centre in the RP. Also need to be de-tapewormed approx 24 hours before travel with vets certificate of ok to fly. You can get them microchipped there approx P4000 (Bohol price)
Once they land Heathrow,wait for it, £400 to clear customs. They they need pick up by authorised quarantine kennels c£300 then 4 months in quarantine c£300 a month
My stupid dog (35kgs) is going to cost about £3000 in total, but we love him and he is a family pet and my son adores him. However the various offers of leaving him with another ex-pat are tempting at that price.....
A lot of the quarantine centres are closing in the UK as the rules have recently changed so also you may not have a place close by where you can visit.
Best of luck!jesus christ thats settled it i love ma chihuahua but not that much lol maybe try stickin her in ma hand luggage lol what a rip off

tiger31
6th September 2012, 16:44
For sale one cute little chihuahua hahahah

BoholoX
6th September 2012, 17:07
:laugher:

grahamw48
6th September 2012, 21:12
:Erm: Maybe you can get it stuffed and then present it to her as a soft toy...which can be packed in her bag:)

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/418/stuffeddog.jpg

Just a thought. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/18/getmecoat8692890.gif

tiger31
7th September 2012, 04:39
:Erm: Maybe you can get it stuffed and then present it to her as a soft toy...which can be packed in her bag:)

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/418/stuffeddog.jpg

Just a thought. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/18/getmecoat8692890.gif

thats not funny graham lol

mickcant
7th September 2012, 05:14
For a genuine pet lover this is a difficult desision, I would like to think I would pay to have a loved pet with me:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick:)

Arthur Little
7th September 2012, 09:04
:Erm: Maybe you can get it stuffed and then present it to her as a soft toy...

... :Erm: ...

thats not funny graham lol

... THINK :D she's telling you to "get stuffed" :UpYurs:, Graham!