PDA

View Full Version : IELTS test

marksroomspain
9th September 2012, 13:46
Hi guys just wondering which IELTS tset for my wife for spouse visa is it the academic or the general training one or either because people here have the academic one but on IELTS website it say for migration to UK then general training one advice please...

travina
9th September 2012, 13:52
Hi guys just wondering which IELTS tset for my wife for spouse visa is it the academic or the general training one or either because people here have the academic one but on IELTS website it say for migration to UK then general training one advice please...

your wife can either take the academic or general. this more advance than the esol.

joebloggs
9th September 2012, 13:56
i think you mentioned your wife is a nurse ? if so she probably better taking the academic one, so she doesn't need to take it again in the Uk if she wants to work as a nurse.. thou she doesnt need such a high mark to get a settlement visa.

All non EU trained applicants to the nurses or midwives part of the register must complete and provide evidence of the International English Language Test (IELTS) before submitting their application to the NMC.

You must complete the academic version of the IELTS test and achieve:

At least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections
At least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections
At least 7.0 (out of a possible 9) overall

We will not accept applicants who score lower than this standard.

http://www.nmc-uk.org/Registration/Joining-the-register/Trained-outside-the-EU--EEA/International-English-Language-Testing-IELTS/

marksroomspain
15th September 2012, 19:54
Just an update guys my wife has been doing practice tests and she is getting an average of band 7 she is really chuffed told her she was a clever girl lol so proud of her...

MissAna
17th September 2012, 21:18
as far as i know academic is for those planning to work in a certain country while the general training is for settlement visa.
so i took he general exam in Cebu for my fiancee visa.

Tinker
17th September 2012, 21:34
She can have either of the two, If she planning to have a degree since she is a nurse better take an academic. I only took general as I used it only for my visa and no further plan to have a degree, although my partner keep on suggesting me to study nurse, but I said NO, I am happy with my qualification now.:icon_lol:

belfast_dude
3rd October 2012, 20:41
where can a person sit this exam in manila city..?.....cheers people.:Hellooo: