PDA

View Full Version : A little help is needed

Mathew999
11th September 2012, 00:19
Hello to all
thank you for your warm welcome
well upon the advice i got here last i have been to Marakina to meet my woman
great shock when i got there but my Woman Grace is my dream
my visit was short 8th aug til 24th aug. Now i am really missing her and am not sure what to do
the new financial criteria is going to be very hard to meet as my business never shows big profits so i think it will take a year to put this right as i have only recently submitted my accounts to taxman not showing enough income
is there away i can bring her here for a period so that at least it wont be a year we are apart
i live with my 2 boys age 17 and 14 both still in education
i am recieving working tax credits does the credits i recieve count as part of the £18,600 required
thank you for any info
Matt

eliza
11th September 2012, 01:59
Hello to all
thank you for your warm welcome
well upon the advice i got here last i have been to Marakina to meet my woman
great shock when i got there but my Woman Grace is my dream
my visit was short 8th aug til 24th aug. Now i am really missing her and am not sure what to do
the new financial criteria is going to be very hard to meet as my business never shows big profits so i think it will take a year to put this right as i have only recently submitted my accounts to taxman not showing enough income
is there away i can bring her here for a period so that at least it wont be a year we are apart
i live with my 2 boys age 17 and 14 both still in education
i am recieving working tax credits does the credits i recieve count as part of the £18,600 required
thank you for any info
Matt

hi..:Wave: matt..
Welcome to the forum.

Relax don't make it quickly,take it slowly coz your not alone in that situation just fucus to your bussness first then if you have enough money you can get her there,the longdistance relationship is not easy just trust each other :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mathew999
11th September 2012, 09:16
Hi Eliza
thanks for your reply
i do have savings and more than enough to support my Princess but sadly not on paper grrrrrr
this government is screwing us all down
i just want her to come to the uk even for a while as her neibours are saying i have left her behind
Matt

eliza
11th September 2012, 10:05
Hi Eliza
thanks for your reply
i do have savings and more than enough to support my Princess but sadly not on paper grrrrrr
this government is screwing us all down
i just want her to come to the uk even for a while as her neibours are saying i have left her behind
Matt

Forget what the neighbour tell them it's non of there bussnes.

Some day you can prove to them that you never left here behind...Matt..

grahamw48
11th September 2012, 10:59
I agree Matt...to hell with what her neighbours say.

Don't start putting yourself under pressure and don't rush into anything. :NoNo:

Very early days yet. :)

jlags90
11th September 2012, 12:27
Don't rush.. You will eventually get there.

Mathew999
11th September 2012, 13:21
Hi and thank you for your replies
i have known this woman online now for 3 years and i am not rushing just a little useless when it comes to the paperwork etc more than i can cope with right now i just thought someone knows how Grace could be here for a while
allowing me also to get my finances fixed not a hard task but a long one and i myself are getting no younger by the way Grace is 43 single and i am 52
happys days to everyone
Matt

joebloggs
11th September 2012, 13:31
she could apply for as visit visa, its always a lottery if she would get one, but not that expensive to take a gamble on and could be here for up to 6 months

Mathew999
11th September 2012, 13:44
Hello Joebloggs
i did not think she was allowed to visit me if we later intend to marry
i read somewhere that she is not allowed to uk if in pursuit of a relationship

jlags90
11th September 2012, 20:19
Where are you about in West Yorkshire Matthew?

Terpe
11th September 2012, 21:09
Hello Joebloggs
i did not think she was allowed to visit me if we later intend to marry
i read somewhere that she is not allowed to uk if in pursuit of a relationship

I would say try a general visit visa. The cost is quite low so not much cash to risk.
Any refusal will not impact a subsequent spouse/fiance(e) visa.
As joebloggs says, she could stay 6 months. There's plenty of great info on visit visa here on the forum. Do a search and learn about the key issues for success.

In my opinion nothing to lose.
Just don't make such a big thing about the romantic side of the relationship in case the ECO will start to think she may not want to return home.

Mathew999
11th September 2012, 22:48
Hi i live in a place called Liversedge?

Mathew999
11th September 2012, 22:54
I would say try a general visit visa. The cost is quite low so not much cash to risk.
Any refusal will not impact a subsequent spouse/fiance(e) visa.
As joebloggs says, she could stay 6 months. There's plenty of great info on visit visa here on the forum. Do a search and learn about the key issues for success.

In my opinion nothing to lose.
Just don't make such a big thing about the romantic side of the relationship in case the ECO will start to think she may not want to return home.

thanks for that Terpe i am doing searches on i think its called a general visit visa i am missing her so much but thanks for advice and if i do sort the visit i will assure them of a return ticket

Mathew999
11th September 2012, 22:56
Where are you about in West Yorkshire Matthew?

jlags90
12th September 2012, 14:13

Oh no... I'd hope you'll say huddersfield or halifax.. :bigcry:

Mathew999
12th September 2012, 14:41
Hey why cry huddersfield is 7 mile away and halifax is 8 mile from me:)

jlags90
12th September 2012, 15:06
Hey why cry huddersfield is 7 mile away and halifax is 8 mile from me:)

Oh, sorry.. I am not good in West Yorkshire Geography...:laugher:
I hope you would get your wife soon so i will build my own filipino community in Luddendenfoot...:laugher:

Terpe
12th September 2012, 15:31
...... i live with my 2 boys age 17 and 14 both still in education
thank you for any info
Matt

Sorry to say that Child Benefit, Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit cannot be counted towards the financial requirement.

Mathew999
12th September 2012, 16:27
Hi Terpe
music to my ears not
well i will just have to eventually lose these credits how on earth is it possible for a working class man to meet these requirements :angry:

Mathew999
12th September 2012, 23:57
i give up done my maths and will have to break my womans heart
just want to cry

jlags90
13th September 2012, 08:02
just want to cry

Do not give up... I know it's easier said than done but as long as she understands the situation you are in and be patient, it will work out...

My Trigonometry Professor always tells us.. "There are many ways to kill a dog."
Sure, there would be other options...

Terpe
13th September 2012, 09:08
just want to cry

Mathew, why not consider the EEA route as a potential option?
Just do some searches here and think around the issues that you see as barriers. May or may not be a starter, I understand that, but at least worth the time to understanding why it is or why it's not. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aryM
13th September 2012, 10:18
thanks for that Terpe i am doing searches on i think its called a general visit visa i am missing her so much but thanks for advice and if i do sort the visit i will assure them of a return ticket

Hi Mathew! Terpe is right., visit visa is the very possible option if you really want her here soon,. did the same last 2010 before I got married.:)

Mathew999
13th September 2012, 10:38
Hi Terpe
i have looked at that route and because i have my boys and a mortgage etc i cant live elsewhere
i have had the most awfull night when i read your message and do my calculations its really forcing me to jeaprodise the roof over my head to make the new criteria
the worst thing is when i asked advice here i was told to meet the woman first well due to having my boys the only time was august and i was also told to wait and see what the new changes are grrrr if only i had applied instead of waiting i would be on old rules
i have spoke with Grace this morning we are both adults so she understands
i just dont know right now how to fix this problem but someone somewhere may have an idea
best wishes for everyone trying
Matt

Gretta
13th September 2012, 10:40
Hello everyone....I just want to share my experience with this matter. A year ago I came to visit my husband here in the UK in general visit....and after 6 months I go back to the Phil and apply for fiancee visa and after 5 months of waiting....it was successful and I am back now here in the UK and got married last July...

I agree with Terpe that the safest way for your wife to come here is to apply for General visit first....

Good luck..

lastlid
13th September 2012, 20:12
Do not give up... I know it's easier said than done but as long as she understands the situation you are in and be patient, it will work out...

My Trigonometry Professor always tells us.. "There are many ways to kill a dog."
Sure, there would be other options...

Mine told me there are many ways to skin a cat! :D

grahamw48
13th September 2012, 22:38
Probably more experienced at skinning dogs though...in the Phils. :)

Mathew999
13th September 2012, 22:42
Probably more experienced at skinning dogs though...in the Phils. :)
behave Graham:NoNo:

grahamw48
13th September 2012, 22:52
Oh, I've seen them in the pot.

Quite widespread in the provinces...though 'technically' illegal for quite a few years now. :)

Mathew999
13th September 2012, 23:08
yuk yuk horrible
any how Graham any help with my new post is greatly appreciated
Matt

grahamw48
13th September 2012, 23:22
Ooops, sorry Matt, going off-topic there....as we're inclined to do on this forum. :rolleyes:

Terpe is giving you the sensible advice.

Me, I'm a bit more direct...being a fellow Yorkshireman.

Quite simply you need to be able to comfortably meet all the requirements of the UKBA if you wish to bring your lady here permanently.

None of us can put money in your pocket mate, or alter the rules.

We've all had to make sacrifices and sometimes major changes in our lives in order to do this.

jlags90
14th September 2012, 10:20
Mine told me there are many ways to skin a cat! :D

That might be you Biology professor lastlid...:icon_lol:

Mathew999
14th September 2012, 13:33
Hi to all off you and thanks for advices
yes it can be done and yes i will do as in other bloggs i have read i now know the answer and really the only answer is to work harder and pay more taxes grrrr but this i will do
sadly for me i have already screwed up this tax year so it will take me nearly two years to make good in the meantime i will have my woman over here for a visit or hopefully two
many thanks to all of you and good luck to us all
Matt

grahamw48
14th September 2012, 13:38
You've got it Matt. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck mate.

Mathew999
14th September 2012, 13:42
believe it or not it was one off your bloggs that woke me up
thanks Graham

Terpe
14th September 2012, 13:44
Hi to all off you and thanks for advices
yes it can be done and yes i will do as in other bloggs i have read i now know the answer and really the only answer is to work harder and pay more taxes grrrr but this i will do
sadly for me i have already screwed up this tax year so it will take me nearly two years to make good in the meantime i will have my woman over here for a visit or hopefully two
many thanks to all of you and good luck to us all
Matt

The good news is that the financial requirement is not in any way connected to the 'tax year'. It is only connected to the previous 6 month period at the date of visa application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mathew999
14th September 2012, 13:48
i dont think this is so for me as i am a business director Terpe
hence this year has already started so its next years accounts i will have to work on

Terpe
14th September 2012, 15:24
i dont think this is so for me as i am a business director Terpe
hence this year has already started so its next years accounts i will have to work on

Ah, I see.
Well I wish you the very best.