PDA

View Full Version : Applying next month for Indefinite Leave to Remain any good advice and tip please!

belle29
11th September 2012, 13:51
Hiya I will be applying ILR in the middlle or end of October this year manage to gather all the papers but I hope its enough. Past my Life in the Uk test as well last year and had a 4th baby this year and we have our own house now renting from council house after living in my mother's in-law before that. Any tip and more advice will be greatthanks x

lordna
11th September 2012, 14:16
Yes, use the settlement checking service....its worth the extra £80.

belle29
11th September 2012, 14:22
settlement checking service? do you have a link hun to read about that thanks

I found it hun thanks

zen22
28th October 2012, 22:02
Yes, use the settlement checking service....its worth the extra £80.

Hello, As you recommended this service ... did it work in your case? I am currently going through the application process and I went through the settlement checking service. I just wondered if it helped anyone in terms of making the application faster?
Thank you

stevewool
28th October 2012, 22:26
Hello, As you recommended this service ... did it work in your case? I am currently going through the application process and I went through the settlement checking service. I just wondered if it helped anyone in terms of making the application faster?
Thank you
i dont think it makes it any faster, we have just done ours, the postal way and our friends using the checking service a week later, i wonder who will get theres first

malditako
29th October 2012, 07:21
i just done it myself, it took less than 4 months to get my BRP and documents.

Takenoprisoners
31st October 2012, 01:12
Hi, we did our ILR on the 25th oct, we did it premium, paid 1377 pounds, and got the ILR granted on the same day, and the biometric card will arrive by courier in next couple of days... easy peasy, recommend that way to anyone, no waiting and worrying, it just shows if u pay it can be done extremely quickly, as was the case with me.... we also paid 50 pound for checking service just to check my setm form... didnt really need that cos i filled in correctly....

lastlid
31st October 2012, 07:46
I also heard of someone else getting ILR the same day, that way. They got the initial nod within an hour.

Takenoprisoners
1st November 2012, 07:38
my wife got her ILR biometric style card yesterday, just 4 working days after the interview, and yes we were given the nod about an hour or so after the interview.. and the whole appointment was like travelling business class on a plane, so polite so nice so attentive.. shows u what the extra few hundred pound does.... money talks.......!!!!!

zen22
4th November 2012, 12:20
i just done it myself, it took less than 4 months to get my BRP and documents.
So you went through the settlement checking service? How long did it take you from the date you did your biometric to receiving your letter of visa confirmation?