PDA

View Full Version : Naturalization

Dee diesel
11th September 2012, 16:45
Hi Everyone I'm new to this site pls be gentle with me:) I am going to apply for a naturalization this month and I would like to know if anyone knows how long is the proccessing time? And do I have to inform the philippine's embassy about having a dual citizenship?
Thanks in advance:)

Terpe
11th September 2012, 20:56
Hi Everyone I'm new to this site pls be gentle with me:) I am going to apply for a naturalization this month and I would like to know if anyone knows how long is the proccessing time? And do I have to inform the philippine's embassy about having a dual citizenship?
Thanks in advance:)

There are a good few members who have recently been down this road.
Including the wife of my very good friend and fellow moderator Arthur Little.
Hopefully he will spot your posting and give you some good info.
Also please do try a search here.

Once you have been through the ceremony and oath taking you automatically lose your Philippine Citizenship.
This is really not a problem though, as the Philippine law now allows dual citizenship and it's a very easy and inexpensive process.
Of course, you're under no obligation to re-acquire Philippine citizenship but my advice would be do it and protect yourself legally for all those things that may become so important. You just need to make an appointment at the Philippines Embassy in order to complete the Oath taking ceremony.

Please bear in mind that it may be better to wait until you have already your British passport, as on application for Philippine citizenship your existing passport will be cancelled with perhaps 12 weeks waiting for new one. At least with your British passport you will still be able to travel.

Hope that helps you

acs
11th September 2012, 21:14
hello Dee diesel,me and Myrna Little had our naturalization just recently and I think we were the same it took almost 4 months for the processing of naturalization application ( bear in mind that it was the london olympic at that time ) and another 21 days for the oath taking ceremony.

Arthur Little
12th September 2012, 14:09
Hi Everyone I'm new to this site pls be gentle with me :) I am going to apply for a naturalization this month and I would like to know if anyone knows how long is the processing time?

Dee ... :welcomex: to our friendly, online filipino/uk community.

There are a good few members who have recently been down this road.
Including the wife of my very good friend and fellow moderator Arthur Little.

Yes, indeed, Dee ... MY wife applied for naturalisation on March 12 this year *using the 'National Checking Service' (NCS) which, as the name implies - and for a small additional outlay of £66 (fees may vary between local authorities ... of which, too, there is a much wider choice among the Greater London Boroughs) - offers peace of mind, by carefully scrutinising applicants' documents ... in order to ensure those comply with the necessary requirements, prior to forwarding them to the Home Office on your behalf.

*DEFINITELY recommended. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hello Dee diesel,me and Myrna Little had our naturalization just recently and I think we were the same it took almost ** 4 months for the processing of naturalization application ( bear in mind that it was the london olympic at that time ) and another 21 days for the oath taking ceremony.

Acs ... like Terpe ... is a very good friend of ours; she applied a couple of weeks after my wife and, as indicated, the processing times happened to be **roughly similar - probably due to the London Olympics. :rolleyes: However, now that the BIG EVENT is over, there is every chance that your application will be dealt with more quickly, Dee.