PDA

View Full Version : English test

chieldave
13th September 2012, 00:53
Hi guys,had my english exam yesterday at hopkins,makati...got the score of 750 in Listening and reading test:Jump:,,still waiting for Speaking test result though on 3rd Oct,fingers crossed with it,really hoping that I can get even just the required score,not sure with myself yesterday when I was taking it:doh:icon_lol:....I met some filipina wives there who took the test as well,mostly bisaya like me:icon_lol:,but don't think they are members here,I met a girl named joy and she said she's also a member her,trying to search her user name here though...

Leen
13th September 2012, 03:59
Congrats chieldave....visa app next:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Rhose
13th September 2012, 05:20
congrats chieldave!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

elve_page
13th September 2012, 07:23
Hi chieldave,
Im sure you can pass the English speaking exam as i did.
By the way which city you from cause i am a bisaya also from butuan.

jlags90
13th September 2012, 08:14
I am also BISDAK from Davao...
Congratulations in your exam.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
13th September 2012, 11:12

Daghan na diay ta! Im from Davao too! Congrats to your Exam, chieldave! Visa Application next! Woohoo

jlags90
13th September 2012, 14:43
Daghan na diay ta! Im from Davao too!

Mao diay:Jump:.. taga Davao pud diay ka... wa man ka nag tell..:))

shandylove
13th September 2012, 18:40
asa mo sa davao? hehehe xxx

chieldave
24th September 2012, 16:02
Congrats chieldave....visa app next:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

thank you Leen,yes it will....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

chieldave
24th September 2012, 16:12
Hi guys,just an update of my speaking test,I received my speaking test result last Saturday and I got 140 score out of 200:Jump::wiggle:,didn't expect it though,I was just hoping to just even get the spousal visa requirement score:D...God is good.....:)

chieldave
24th September 2012, 16:19
congrats chieldave!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks Rhose:wiggle:

chieldave
24th September 2012, 16:23
Hi chieldave,
Im sure you can pass the English speaking exam as i did.
By the way which city you from cause i am a bisaya also from butuan.

Hi elve_page,yes I did:Jump:,thanks.
I'm from Tagum City,part of Davao del Norte,about an hour to travel by bus from Davao City:)

chieldave
24th September 2012, 16:32

Hi jlags,
hehe,wow,daghan na ta mga BISDAK na dako:D:Rasp:....thank you:wiggle:

chieldave
24th September 2012, 16:47
Daghan na diay ta! Im from Davao too! Congrats to your Exam, chieldave! Visa Application next! Woohoo

Hi melovesengland,thank you,yes it's visa application next and more nervous of it..hehe
I'm from Tagum City...:)

chieldave
24th September 2012, 16:49
asa mo sa davao? hehehe xxx

Tagum City me shandylove...u?:)

lykayu01
27th September 2012, 15:07
Hi guys,had my english exam yesterday at hopkins,makati...got the score of 750 in Listening and reading test:Jump:,,still waiting for Speaking test result though on 3rd Oct,fingers crossed with it,really hoping that I can get even just the required score,not sure with myself yesterday when I was taking it:doh:icon_lol:....I met some filipina wives there who took the test as well,mostly bisaya like me:icon_lol:,but don't think they are members here,I met a girl named joy and she said she's also a member her,trying to search her user name here though...

Goodluck for the speaking result and congratz for passing the L & R ;)

andy222
27th September 2012, 18:12
Thats great congratulations.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th September 2012, 18:46
Hi guys, had my english exam yesterday at hopkins, makati...got the score of 750 in Listening and reading test:Jump:,, still waiting for Speaking test result though ...

Hi guys, just an update of my speaking test,I received my speaking test result last Saturday and I got 140 score out of 200:Jump::wiggle:,didn't expect it though,I was just hoping to just even get the spousal visa requirement score:D...God is good.....:)

Clever girl ... two GREAT results in as many weeks ... and the second earlier than expected.

Congratulations TWICE over!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

chieldave
30th September 2012, 14:29
Goodluck for the speaking result and congratz for passing the L & R ;)

hi lykayu, thanks and me just got my speaking result last saturday and got good score on it:D

chieldave
30th September 2012, 14:31
Thats great congratulations.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you andy,,,me happy with the result,t'was unexpected scores for me:wiggle:hehe

chieldave
30th September 2012, 14:37
Clever girl ... two GREAT results in as many weeks ... and the second earlier than expected.

Congratulations TWICE over!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you so much Arthur, yes got the speaking result earlier than I expected,and me happy for the good result with my L and R and S exam...:wiggle:.....visa application next by November(hopefully),wahh,nervous of it for another period of waiting moments:icon_lol:

Arjie
4th October 2012, 08:54
hello chieldave,

Congrats for your English test result..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Can you give me some advice regarding this English test.

I live in Mindanao near Butuan City I am BISDAK as well..hehehe..

Anyway,can i do a complete English Test in one day for the fiancee visa? so, i don't have to return for the other tests needed.

What are the requirements needed for the test?

Thank you,

Arjie

rhaichard
4th October 2012, 09:23
yes u can book appointment for the two exams in one day ... u only need to bring is ur passport and bdo receipt for the fee payment

chieldave
4th October 2012, 22:58
hello chieldave,

Anyway,can i do a complete English Test in one day for the fiancee visa? so, i don't have to return for the other tests needed.

Thank you,

Arjie

Hi Arjie,Maayong adlaw:biggrin:,yes I passed the English test,thanks..I'm sure you'll pass as well:smile:
If you plan to take the test at Hopkins you can visit their website http://www.hopkins.ph/ then click the register now and try to look their calendar of when u plan to take the exam.As rhaichard said,yes u can do L and R and speaking only test in one day,up to you if u plan to attend workshop as well.Should pay at bdo the cost of the test at least a week before the desired test sched,less on that they will not accept anymore and get other sched.Here's the link on how to register and the requirements neededhttp://www.hopkins.ph/register-now/how-to-register..
don't hesitate to ask me more...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arjie
5th October 2012, 00:24
Hi Arjie,Maayong adlaw:biggrin:,yes I passed the English test,thanks..I'm sure you'll pass as well:smile:
If you plan to take the test at Hopkins you can visit their website http://www.hopkins.ph/ then click the register now and try to look their calendar of when u plan to take the exam.As rhaichard said,yes u can do L and R and speaking only test in one day,up to you if u plan to attend workshop as well.Should pay at bdo the cost of the test at least a week before the desired test sched,less on that they will not accept anymore and get other sched.Here's the link on how to register and the requirements neededhttp://www.hopkins.ph/register-now/how-to-register..
don't hesitate to ask me more...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello to you too chieldave Maayong adlaw pud saimo.

Thank you so much for the link, chieldave..but what english test do i need to take the IELTS or A1 level (which is Listening and Speaking only)?

How many days to get the result?

Yes, I hope i can pass the test.:smile:

Thank you also rhaichard..:smile:.

Arjie

chieldave
5th October 2012, 01:07
Hello to you too chieldave Maayong adlaw pud saimo.

Thank you so much for the link, chieldave..but what english test do i need to take the IELTS or A1 level (which is Listening and Speaking only)?

How many days to get the result?

Yes, I hope i can pass the test.:smile:

Thank you also rhaichard..:smile:.

Arjie

Honestly,I'm afraid to say that can't give u enough info in terms of IELTS,all I know is I found TOEIC test more easy than IELTS,:biggrin: hehe,maybe others could give their comments here,or browse some threads in here that has topics about that.I took English test at Hopkins cause mostly of the members here took it as well.Don't worry,so far my experience about whole process of English test at Hopkins was ok.I took Listening and Reading in morning then got the result score on it in afternoon.They said I will get my result of Speaking in 3 weeks ,but got it more earlier:biggrin:...For spousal or fiancee visa requirements we only need 60 score for speaking and 50 for listening at Hopkins,so me surely u can pass it dear.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

chieldave
5th October 2012, 01:16
Arjie,when u plan to take English test by the way?

juning30
5th October 2012, 01:40
hi,,papunta b kyo ng uk..ask ko lang may alm k bang consultancy n maayos n pwedeng magprocess ng papers ppuntang uk...as student visa,,,tanx po

juning30
5th October 2012, 01:59
do you know a good consultancy here in manila,,,hope you can help me..

elve_page
5th October 2012, 02:34
hello chieldave,

Thank you,

Arjie
Hi Arjie,
Taga butuan ko, silingan ra ta kay cabadbaran diay ka.
Human na ko sa english exam, one day ra na dai na exam, follow nalang sa link na gehatag sa emo, sayon ra oi makapasar lge ka, simple english ra gyud.

Arjie
5th October 2012, 02:40
Arjie,when u plan to take English test by the way?

I was planning to take a test next week Oct.10th in Hopkins,but its already closed..no luck for me..hehehe..

I am here in Manila right now to do some enquiries about the visa,went to VFS yesterday got the check list and some other paper works to do here also.

Yes i agree with you chieldave,the IELTS is difficult compare the TOEIC test.:smile:

Maybe,anyone know about other accredited agency in UKBA for English test? i would like to take a test while i am still here in Manila.If I am lucky..:smile:

thank you again chieldave..:smile::smile:

Arjie

Arjie
5th October 2012, 08:29
Hi Arjie,
Taga butuan ko, silingan ra ta kay cabadbaran diay ka.
Human na ko sa english exam, one day ra na dai na exam, follow nalang sa link na gehatag sa emo, sayon ra oi makapasar lge ka, simple english ra gyud.

hello elve_page,

Silingan gyud ka a u ta.hahaha..I will add you here as my friend,if you don't mind..thank you..:smile:

I'm working in Butuan City.

Have you already submit your visa application to VFS?

chieldave
5th October 2012, 22:49
I was planning to take a test next week Oct.10th in Hopkins,but its already closed..no luck for me..hehehe.

sorry to hear that,yes as 10th Oct is less than a week already,then next sched will be 24th Oct.

Maybe,anyone know about other accredited agency in UKBA for English test? i would like to take a test while i am still here in Manila.If I am lucky..:smile:

hopefully others could give their help about it

Goodluck dear:smile:

elve_page
6th October 2012, 00:37
hello elve_page,

Silingan gyud ka a u ta.hahaha..I will add you here as my friend,if you don't mind..thank you..:smile:

I'm working in Butuan City.

Have you already submit your visa application to VFS?

Maybe next year ko maka submit tungod sa new rule, ge una sa nako apply ang british passport sa ako baby. Puhon if kaloy-an sa ginoo makapasa na ko.

louismc44
3rd January 2013, 22:25
Hi all
Does anyone know the score of the A1 English Test that my wife will need to get in order for her certificate?
Speaking, Listening, Writing, and Reading. I heard it maybe 4.5, is this correct?
I hope someone will answer this very soon as my wife will be taking the new test soon..
Regards..
Louis

jlags90
3rd January 2013, 23:52
Hi all
Does anyone know the score of the A1 English Test that my wife will need to get in order for her certificate?
Speaking, Listening, Writing, and Reading. I heard it maybe 4.5, is this correct?
I hope someone will answer this very soon as my wife will be taking the new test soon..
Regards..
Louis

Which English Proficiency Test is your wife taking louis? It really depends. As you seem to be talking about IELTS band score, it is 4.0 minimum in all components. I do not know with the other.

Terpe
4th January 2013, 09:18
Which English Proficiency Test is your wife taking louis? It really depends. As you seem to be talking about IELTS band score, it is 4.0 minimum in all components. I do not know with the other.

Yes, that's correct IELTS pass is score 4.
This is actually a level B1 which is higher than A1

Which specific test is she taking?

joy_86jm
7th January 2013, 09:06
Basta bisdak sure ko makapasar Jud na. Congratz :)

GraceAdam
8th January 2013, 13:21
Taga asa ka sa Philippines? Cebu here :) xx

Arjie
9th January 2013, 14:25
Basta bisdak sure ko makapasar Jud na. Congratz :)

INDEED!!!!:):smile:

angellegwen
22nd January 2013, 13:22
hi everyone
bisaya pud ko yeheee from Siquuijor but nag stay ko Cebu fro 8 years then naa nko dri UK....kron lag jud ko na day na member dri so dpa ko kau familiar...
Chieldave..kumusta na imu pag process? ako nag fiancee pud ko b4 last yr, ako ge take is IELTS man to Academic ako ge take, 7 ako general score. I dont know kron unsa nah ang kinahanglan.

@juning30 ako nabaw-an ako frnd nag student is kirsten man name sa agency

Admin: Someone Translate Please, and keep all posts in English. Thanks

criddle2012
24th February 2013, 18:10
Hello

My wife lives near Butuan. She is applying for a spouse visa in May. Does anyone know the nearest English test centre to Butuan and how you apply? I think she needs the listening?

jlags90
24th February 2013, 18:54
Hello

My wife lives near Butuan. She is applying for a spouse visa in May. Does anyone know the nearest English test centre to Butuan and how you apply? I think she needs the listening?

She can go to CDO or Davao if she wants. They regularly hold IELTS Exam in those cities. But if she can find another accredited tests which is nearer, the better. Here's the British Council link. It will give you information on test dates and how to apply. http://www.britishcouncil.org/philippines-common-take-an-exam-ielts-ielts-test-dates-philippines.htm

It is Listening and Speaking but some test providers do not do them individually so she might be asked to take all components (reading, writing, speaking, listening).

criddle2012
24th February 2013, 21:06
Thanks, I'll look into this.

shie
23rd August 2013, 19:22
:Hellooo:rhaichard:Hellooo:

accpt bdo payment and passport what else i need to bring do allowed to bring pencil and paper my exam next week :idea:

shie
24th August 2013, 05:21
helloo rhaichard
what else i need to bring when im taking exam,my exam next week,can i bring pencil and paper? thanks:Wave:

Arjie
24th August 2013, 10:53
helloo rhaichard
what else i need to bring when im taking exam,my exam next week,can i bring pencil and paper? thanks:Wave:

Are you going to take a TOEIC Test in Makati?

Just bring your id:like TIN I.D.etc., also your passport just in case, your bank deposit slip from the BDO/BPI and Pen..You don't need to bring pencil and paper because Hopkins provide those things.

Good Luck!!:smile::smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th August 2013, 19:49
:please: ... can I respectfully remind our lovely Filipinas who submit posts on the forum to communicate in English for the benefit of ALL readers. :smile:

:thankyou:

shie
26th August 2013, 08:49
Thanks Arjie :) i booked appointment to hopkins thru online and untill now i still not receive my comfirmation letter or shown that i booked to them my exam is weds this week,do i need to show my appointment letter there?:doh

Arjie
27th August 2013, 08:46
Thanks Arjie :) i booked appointment to hopkins thru online and untill now i still not receive my comfirmation letter or shown that i booked to them my exam is weds this week,do i need to show my appointment letter there?:doh

Shie, please try to contact them about your confirmation letter, Here's the contact # below:

Hopkins International Partners, Inc. (Main Office)
Sole Authorized Philippine TOEICŪ Representative
4th Floor PDAF Bldg., 407 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner EDSA
(near MRT-Buendia Station) Makati City
Telephone: (632) 895-9944; 896-5808
Mobile: +63922-8863420 / +63922-8863421 / +63922-8863422 / +63917-5972278
E-mail: inquiries@hopkins.ph

NOTE:

Your identification will be checked before you are admitted. Please come in no later than
30minutes before the start of the test. Bring your original Deposit Slip/Official Receipt
and Valid ID. Please bring the SAME Identification Card presented during registration.
Candidates WITHOUT the same required proper ID will NOT be allowed to take the
test. Forfeiture of the test and payment applies. (For foreigners: No original passport,
no test)
Personal belongings such as bags, mobile phones, watches, mechanical pencils, pens,
erasers and other gadgets shall not be allowed inside the testing room at any time.
Hopkins shall NOT be held liable for any loss/damage of candidates’ personal
belongings.
For reschedule and/or refunds, kindly visit our website at www.hopkins.ph for details. No
show, no refund. You are also required to read the Examinee Handbook for all your
TOEIC tests.

Good Luck your Test this coming wednesday.Just relax especially the Speaking Test.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
27th August 2013, 11:28
I suggest you phone them and explain your situation.:xxgrinning--00xx3: