PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone-looking forward to finding friends and a little advice from time to time

EamMau
13th September 2012, 10:14
Hi All,

We hope you're all enjoying life in the UK as much as we are. Maureen has just arrived here on a 6 month Fiance visa. We are planning to marry soon and pursue "further leave to remain". We are just about to work on this latest step so any advice or experiences are always welcome.

Eamonn and Maureen.

Gretta
13th September 2012, 10:32
Good luck to both of you. I came in the UK as fiancee of an Irish citizen living here in the UK for almost 30 years now. I arrived here last May and we got married last July....and I submitted my Residence card application last week of July and I am still waiting for the result until now....

Hope your wife's application for FLR will be successful.

EamMau
13th September 2012, 11:43
Thanks Gretta.

Good luck with your application also. Can I ask, did you use an immigration adviser for your application? We don't know whether to just go ahead without an adviser. Our case is very straightforward. It is our first marriage and no kids to be considered.

Oh also did you get married in a civil wedding? We are Catholics and would prefer a church wedding, but we would rather have a proper service in Philippines with all the family around.

Thanks Eamonn and Maureen.

Bluebirdjones
13th September 2012, 12:21
"Can I ask, did you use an immigration adviser for your application?"

No need to get an advisor for this.
You've done the hard work (fiance visa)... the FLR is very straight forward.
It's really a confirmation that you've adhered to the stipulation on the fiance visa .... ie you got married !

Terpe
13th September 2012, 13:06
Hi All,

We hope you're all enjoying life in the UK as much as we are. Maureen has just arrived here on a 6 month Fiance visa. We are planning to marry soon and pursue "further leave to remain". We are just about to work on this latest step so any advice or experiences are always welcome.

Eamonn and Maureen.

:Hellooo: Hello Eamonn and Maureen, a warm welcome here to the forum :Wave:

Arthur Little
13th September 2012, 13:06
Hi All,

Eamonn and Maureen.

:meet-1: Eamonn & Maureen ... :welcomex: to our midst.

Arthur Little
13th September 2012, 13:17
Congratulations to you both on your forthcoming nuptials ... and all the best with your FLR application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

EamMau
13th September 2012, 16:24
Thanks so much for that Bluebird Jones. We feel better to know that. Our feeling was that we had done the hard work already as you say. So now it's time to go ahead with the wedding!

Gretta
14th September 2012, 09:41
Hello. If you are straightforward with your docs then don't use immigration advisor. We didn't use their service since we are confident with all our docs. We got married in a civil ceremony and will be having a blessing soon. Good luck....you can do it.

MissAna
14th September 2012, 10:24
:Hellooo: welcome to our very friendly forum :D

Ella
16th September 2012, 19:07
:welcomex: to the forum :)