PDA

View Full Version : bloody leaking shower

stevewool
13th September 2012, 21:03
well i am at my wits end, do i have to call a plumber, my shower is leaking and i have tried to cure it but cant, stupid shower:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

imagine
13th September 2012, 21:06
where is it leaking from? is it electric shower?

stevewool
13th September 2012, 21:12
power shower and it just leaks from the head, i have had the insides out and there is no washer to replace, it seems you have to replace the whole center

lastlid
13th September 2012, 21:28
power shower and it just leaks from the head, i have had the insides out and there is no washer to replace, it seems you have to replace the whole center

Cant you just replace the head? Get one from B and Q. No need for a plumber.

imagine
13th September 2012, 21:29
when you say power shower you mean electric ? the head is on a flexible hose ? is it leaking when switched off ? or is it continued dribbling after its switched off?

imagine
13th September 2012, 21:46
if its leaking from the head, long after you turn off, then its not the head at fault,
it will be the shower unit, possible grit or dirt in solanoid valve, or worn valve, in which case best fix a new shower unit,

it is normal for shower head to dribble a short while after use,

or if head is dribbling at same time as showering, then replace head

i am a plumber and if i was nearer id be glad to sort it for you but, your too far away lol

stevewool
13th September 2012, 21:56
thanks imagine, i have found the part i think i need , the shower is a triton dove, and the machanic headwork needs replaceing i think, just over a £10 for that part

imagine
13th September 2012, 21:58
thanks imagine, i have found the part i think i need , the shower is a triton dove, and the machanic headwork needs replaceing i think, just over a £10 for that part

nice one:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
13th September 2012, 22:42
Plumber eh Stewart ?

Now you've let the cat out of the bag. :icon_lol:

Hmm...let me see, what do I need some free advice on ?

:action-smiley-082:

Ah....:olddude:. Does it matter if the shower only gets used once a month ? :Erm:

imagine
13th September 2012, 23:45
Plumber eh Stewart ?

Ah....:olddude:. Does it matter if the shower only gets used once a month ? :Erm:

only if you stink :icon_lol: