PDA

View Full Version : DHL witholding our visa..!

DanandClavs
15th September 2012, 08:13
So on the 9th of September we receive an email to say our application is being returned by the courier WWW Express which is the new name for DHL apparently.

After 6 days i decide to give them a call to see where it is ? DHL then tell us that they are not going to deliver and it is being held in their Tacloban branch, we will have to collect..! Not only that but we will have to bring our original receipt from the VFS (which we no longer have) and government ID.

I ask, what shall we do as we dont have the receipt ? but we have ID. You will have to go to an attorney and get an affadavit of loss! Are you :censored: KIDDING me..!

I ask, why was it not delivered ? Your address is outside our delivery area.. Mahaplag, Leyte...!

We could deliver it for an extra 350PHP but you would still need the receipt and as the package is addressed to "care of" my wifes father he would need a letter of authorisation..!

Unbelievable :furious3: ! Only in the Philippines!

I have emailed VFS but that could take 5 days to get a response.

Has anybody else had problems like this ?

lastlid
15th September 2012, 09:00
WOW. I don't envy your position! And wish I knew the answer.

Could you try emailing the embassy for advice?

Terpe
15th September 2012, 09:10
This is a first for me also. :doh

I also feel that an e-mail to the British Embassy is required. After all it's their courrier who has clearly stated your address is outside of the delivery area.

Really feel sorry for you guys at what should be a time for celebration and happiness not this kind of crazy stress.

Good luck and keep us all updated on the solution.

DanandClavs
15th September 2012, 09:13
WOW. I don't envy your position! And wish I knew the answer.

Could you try emailing the embassy for advice?

Hi Lastlid, I have emailed VFS enquiries and also made a complaint to VFS. They do have a ridiculously overpriced telephone service but we cannot get through to that.

We paid already for the courier to deliver to the home address ! Lucky i rang them otherwise we would have just been sat waiting while the application sits there in Tacloban.

How can it be outside the delivery area..? Your DHL! and to go to an attorney for an affadavit for a lost receipt is just incomprehensible:doh

I have told my wife to just go to there office on Monday and refuse to leave without her application.. She has ID, She can prove who she is, that its her application and by the way, shes the one who paid them in the first place :cwm23:

DanandClavs
15th September 2012, 09:26
Thanks Terpe, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will keep you updated on how my wife gets on by just arriving and demanding they give her her application and also on the reply i get from the vfs..

I certainly will not be visiting an attorney :crazy:

stevewool
15th September 2012, 09:29
it may be best taking a copy of the email also, any referance numbers also,

lastlid
15th September 2012, 09:29
Hi Lastlid, I have emailed VFS enquiries and also made a complaint to VFS. They do have a ridiculously overpriced telephone service but we cannot get through to that.

We paid already for the courier to deliver to the home address ! Lucky i rang them otherwise we would have just been sat waiting while the application sits there in Tacloban.

How can it be outside the delivery area..? Your DHL! and to go to an attorney for an affadavit for a lost receipt is just incomprehensible:doh

I have told my wife to just go to there office on Monday and refuse to leave without her application.. She has ID, She can prove who she is, that its her application and by the way, shes the one who paid them in the first place :cwm23:

Like Terpe says. Probably better to email the embassy directly. They will probably be able to discuss alternative solutions if necessary.

What a pain eh!

We had a problem with our courier getting my wife's application papers out to the Philippines - wrong zip code. :doh When I tried to deal with it at customers services they hit me with the Data Protection act as I wasn't the person that posted the package, even though it was my wife's application papers containing my documents. The courier were trying to deliver the package to a different province :omg: Anyhow, common sense prevailed in the end, but it took quite a few phone calls on my part to sort it out.

DanandClavs
15th September 2012, 09:33
Guys,

When you say email the embassy, you do mean the VFS. Right ? i emailed to these 2 addresses

info.ukph@vfshelpline.com 5 day response time
feedback.ukph@vfshelpline.com Complaint made estimated 2 day response

lastlid
15th September 2012, 10:22
Guys,

When you say email the embassy, you do mean the VFS. Right ? i emailed to these 2 addresses

info.ukph@vfshelpline.com 5 day response time
feedback.ukph@vfshelpline.com Complaint made estimated 2 day response

No. VFS arent the embassy. They appear to work for the embassy.

VFS. Who are we?

VFS Global is a commercial company, working in partnership with UK Border Agency at the British Embassy here in the Philippines providing services to help people apply for a visa to enter the United Kingdom (UK).

See the below....

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/contact-us/

Also, owing to the Data Protection Act, they may expect your wife to email.

rhaichard
15th September 2012, 11:50
when my refusal and passport came before with that courier company .. they looked on my VFS receipt and government id for checking .. and im lucky that i didnt throw it yet .

they are a bit strick:NoNo::NoNo: ... but i dont know about their delivery in your place . as i remember LEEN is from CDO and she have her passport after a week

rhaichard
15th September 2012, 11:54
vfs received the documents and passport once the embassy done checking it .. and then vfs sent the documents and passport that they received from the embassy to the courier company ..

you should ask the vfs staff that assist you before if the courier will deliver it in your place once the embassy is done ...

rhaichard
15th September 2012, 11:57
here's the email from embassy and for the visa section ..

ukinthephilippines@fco.gov.uk
ManilaVisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

rhaichard
15th September 2012, 12:04
it may be best taking a copy of the email also, any referance numbers also,

i agree, the only thing that they will check the VFS receipt its because the reference number of your application is in the receipt and its in the envelope that they have

DanandClavs
15th September 2012, 13:48
Thank you guys for your advice, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will certainly email those other addresses and be sure to print off our previous emails which include the application reference number to produce to DHL on Monday morning :)

Leen
15th September 2012, 14:03
So on the 9th of September we receive an email to say our application is being returned by the courier WWW Express which is the new name for DHL apparently.

After 6 days i decide to give them a call to see where it is ? DHL then tell us that they are not going to deliver and it is being held in their Tacloban branch, we will have to collect..! Not only that but we will have to bring our original receipt from the VFS (which we no longer have) and government ID.

I ask, what shall we do as we dont have the receipt ? but we have ID. You will have to go to an attorney and get an affadavit of loss! Are you :censored: KIDDING me..!

I ask, why was it not delivered ? Your address is outside our delivery area.. Mahaplag, Leyte...!

We could deliver it for an extra 350PHP but you would still need the receipt and as the package is addressed to "care of" my wifes father he would need a letter of authorisation..!

Unbelievable :furious3: ! Only in the Philippines!

I have emailed VFS but that could take 5 days to get a response.

Has anybody else had problems like this ?

I actually went to www express branch here in CDO to get back my documents and VFS called me to inform that i have to do that coz my place is outside of delivery area and told them how can it be when DHL always delivered it in my home when hubby's sent his docs to me.my docs was actually in that branch for 3 days just waiting to be pick up...just copy the email that embassy sent to you and maybe you can talk to the guys in that branch....hope you'll sort it out soon.