PDA

View Full Version : Flr / Ilr

thedug
1st August 2007, 18:42
I have been a member of the forum for a while now and read loads of posts on FLR and ILR and citizenship but I am still slightly confused and need help !

We got married on July 7th here in the UK and my wife is currently here on a fiancee visa. However, she has her appointment to extend this and apply for FLR next Tuesday. The questions I have are:

1. Is it FLR that we apply for first? If so, how long does this last and do we then apply for ILR or citizenship? What process should we follow?
2. What happens at the appointment next week - when we arranged the time we were told to allow 3 hours to do it. What happens during the 3 hours?
3. Does it involve the 'life in the uk test'? I thought that only applied to ILR but I know of someone else on the forum who did the test but only got married early this year and were only applying for FLR
4. How much does it cost? I have read here that it is £950 but we have been posted out forms that say the cost is £395 by post and £595 in person
5. Once this is received can she start work straight away? If so, how do we get a National Insurance number and is there anything else required before she starts work

Sorry if these questions have been answered somewhere else but please help !

Thanks,
David

LadyJ
2nd August 2007, 10:11
Hi David, you are indeed confused about this visa.

You said your wife is currently holding fiancee visa and jus got married on the 7th July.

The next step are:
1. FLR M is correct and this will allow her to work, must complete her 24 months stay here living with you. Fees; £395 by post or £595 in person.
2. Life in the UK test is the next step before you apply for SET M or ILR. Fees; Test £34 and SET M £750 by post or £950 in person.

After she received her FLR M visa call the Jobcentre to apply for her National Insurance.

thedug
2nd August 2007, 18:12
Thanks, thats definitely cleared up some stuff.

singkit
3rd August 2007, 12:44
5. Once this is received can she start work straight away? If so, how do we get a National Insurance number and is there anything else required before she starts work
Thanks,
David

Hi David, when it comes to NI number you may want to visit this link below. It's been discussed here in this site.:smileybigtmouth:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=3917

aug06_2006
4th August 2007, 13:46
Hello ladyj,

I just got married also last 12th of July 2007 here in England.

Can I ask you question please?
Do I need to ammend my fiancee visa as soon as possible or I can wait until my visa will expire? And what are the requirements to ammend my fiancee visa? Thanks

LadyJ
4th August 2007, 16:21
What you need to amend is your current Phils passport and your situation is exactly the same to thedug, you'll need to extend your visa using FLR M (read above) and must apply before end of your stay.

Please use the SEARCH for the requirements.

thedug
6th August 2007, 19:11
Thanks for the link singkit, was really helpful

aug06_2006
7th August 2007, 14:46
Thank u ladyj