PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

jehzroblenida
16th September 2012, 17:05
Hi everyone,

I would like to know the next step after marriage? I have a fiancee visa and my fiancee is British. I'm confused if we need to pay again to extend my visa? Thank you!:)

Terpe
16th September 2012, 17:22
Sadly yes you do.

After marriage you will need to apply for an extension of stay in the UK as the partner. Often known as Further leave to Remain (FLR)
This will allow you to continue to stay here for another 30 months

The FLR is currently £561

jehzroblenida
16th September 2012, 17:44
Sadly yes you do.

After marriage you will need to apply for an extension of stay in the UK as the partner. Often known as Further leave to Remain (FLR)
This will allow you to continue to stay here for another 30 months

The FLR is currently £561

Hi Terpe,

I'm a bit confused coz a friend of mine who is now married to a Romanian citizen said that she did not pay for the extension of her visa. What is the difference between a British and Romanian? and why do I need to pay?

stevewool
16th September 2012, 17:46
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: we are all waiting for the answer to this, well i am

lastlid
16th September 2012, 17:58
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: we are all waiting for the answer to this, well i am

I hope Dedworth shows some restraint on this.....:D

Terpe
16th September 2012, 20:51
Hi Terpe,

I'm a bit confused coz a friend of mine who is now married to a Romanian citizen said that she did not pay for the extension of her visa. What is the difference between a British and Romanian? and why do I need to pay?

I'm sorry to say you've asked a very controversial question.
At this time of night I cannot give all the background information.

Can I suggest you do some searches on here about the EEA route.
In principle if an EU citizen has applied for and been granted their FREE family permit to have their family member join them, then that is sufficient for a 5 years residence.
This family permit to join the EU member in say UK is very easy to get and is free with no financial status to meet, no English language test, no proof of relationship and almost no restrictions on access to public funds. Of course this does not apply to British Citizens unless they elect to live outside UK.

All in all, if you are engaged or married to a British Citizen who is living in UK the you will need to jump through many hoops and pay big money to enter UK. Then you will pay big money to stay here.

Now look what you did. I nearly started to rant. :D

jehzroblenida
25th September 2012, 13:09
I'm sorry to say you've asked a very controversial question.
At this time of night I cannot give all the background information.

Can I suggest you do some searches on here about the EEA route.
In principle if an EU citizen has applied for and been granted their FREE family permit to have their family member join them, then that is sufficient for a 5 years residence.
This family permit to join the EU member in say UK is very easy to get and is free with no financial status to meet, no English language test, no proof of relationship and almost no restrictions on access to public funds. Of course this does not apply to British Citizens unless they elect to live outside UK.

All in all, if you are engaged or married to a British Citizen who is living in UK the you will need to jump through many hoops and pay big money to enter UK. Then you will pay big money to stay here.

Thanks Terpe! It sound so unfair for British Citizens to pay for the extension... haha, sorry I started this silly question don't wanna annoy other members though..:)

Gretta
25th September 2012, 13:46
I'm still waiting for my EEA residence card. My husband is an Irish national. The application was free...!

Crampton
25th September 2012, 14:37
:Jump: Irish :Jump:
Hope you get your EEA residence card soon. I am Irish and have just made an application for a family permit card to the UK for my wife.
How long have you been in the UK Gretta?

jehzroblenida
4th October 2012, 16:17

Hi Terpe,

Do you know any number that we can call at the UKBA for more information? Sorry coz I am a bit confused about their website. Thank you so much! :)

Terpe
5th October 2012, 08:59
A fiance(e) visa is valid for maximum 6 months.
During that time you will be expected to actually get married and after marriage to submit an application for Further Leave to Remain (FLR(M)) in UK as a spouse. The visa granted will allow you to remain in UK for a further period.

Unfortunately you will find it extremely difficult to contact UKBA by telephone.
I wish you luck with that.

The UKBA website you need to start at can be found here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/)

The page explains how to apply for permission to remain in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person who is present and settled here, if you are already in the UK in a different immigration category.

The form you need FLR(M) and the guidance notes can be downloaded from the links on the right-hand side of the above linked webpage.

For contact to UKBA please see this webpage (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/)