PDA

View Full Version : Visa arrived this morning

bigmarco
20th September 2012, 16:56
Well finally 8 1/2 months after we submitted the application the Visa finally arrived today. We're both thrilled to bits although my wife has to wait another week to get her CFO sticker as apparently UK bound spouses can only go on a Thursday.
One point is that she has been given a Multi Entry Visa valid from 19/9 2012 until 19/12/2014. Am I right in assuming that we are allowed to leave the Country as much as we want during the period of the Visa.
Finally I have to book a flight for my wife and I have a vague recollection of a thread some time ago where a member had problems regarding producing the Card that was used to purchase the ticket, at the departure. Cant find the thread now but does anybody remember the Airline as I'm just trying to avoid any silly problems arriving.

imagine
20th September 2012, 17:01
BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you both, well deserved :xxgrinning--00xx3:

filbrit
20th September 2012, 17:02
I have been following your story. Congratulations! Happy days soon to you and your wife being together :Jump:

melovesengland
20th September 2012, 17:07
Congratulations to you bigmarco!! :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

MissAna
20th September 2012, 17:10
congratulations!

stevie c
20th September 2012, 17:11
Congratulations a long journey but a fantastic conclusion :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
20th September 2012, 17:15
iv just been trying to find for you,the closest thread i can find to what your asking is this one
hopefully it will be usefull
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/30318-debit-card-or-credit-card-photo-copy?highlight=credit+card

seems to indicate PAL booking conditions

rusty
20th September 2012, 17:18
Congratulations. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, multi entry means that she can leave and enter on the same visa. But remember that this is a visa for settlement and later in the visa process, there is an requirement about the number of days allowed outside the UK.

It is best to check with the airline you are booking with as in some cases a signed copy of the card used would need to be produced at check in. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rhose
20th September 2012, 17:22
:Jump: at last! after a long journey...congratulations!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: think the thread you're looking is about the cheapest flight... I'm also looking for a cheapest flight this October and it cost $706 in qatar airlines

andy222
20th September 2012, 17:32
The hard work is over now marco.:xxgrinning--00xx3: Enjoy time with your wife mate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
20th September 2012, 17:59
GReat news for you both, hope i can get the same result before the end of the year. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
20th September 2012, 23:29
congrats ... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: mine is valid from 12/9/12 until 12/6/15 because my application is under the new rules :NoNo:

joebloggs
20th September 2012, 23:58
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Marco
what a waste of time and stress this caused :angry:

Arthur Little
21st September 2012, 01:08
CONGRATULATIONS, Marco. Justice prevails ... at lo~ng last! :Jump:

blessed_ekim0826
21st September 2012, 04:29
Congrats :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st September 2012, 08:34
Marco, It's really great that at long last the visa is in the hands of your wife.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Looks like it's going to be a very special christmas this year :)

lastlid
21st September 2012, 08:53
Great news.

It was jlags90 who posted about the credit card fiasco and the airline was Etihad.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37728-Do-You-Really-Want-To-Use-Etihad

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37931-From-PINAS-to-UK-A-Step-by-Step-Guide-for-FIRST-Time-Travellers-To-UK

I had a similar problem with Etihad. I wouldn't say don't fly with them, the flight was good and the prices were reasonable. Just the issue with the credit card malarkey, if you buy from them directly and don't use an agent.

febmary
21st September 2012, 13:21
Well finally 8 1/2 months after we submitted the application the Visa finally arrived today. We're both thrilled to bits although my wife has to wait another week to get her CFO sticker as apparently UK bound spouses can only go on a Thursday.
One point is that she has been given a Multi Entry Visa valid from 19/9 2012 until 19/12/2014. Am I right in assuming that we are allowed to leave the Country as much as we want during the period of the Visa.
Finally I have to book a flight for my wife and I have a vague recollection of a thread some time ago where a member had problems regarding producing the Card that was used to purchase the ticket, at the departure. Cant find the thread now but does anybody remember the Airline as I'm just trying to avoid any silly problems arriving.

Congratultion...The long wait is offer...Its worth the wait...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
21st September 2012, 13:28
Congratulations on this great news at last Marco :xxgrinning--00xx3:

softmallowgum
21st September 2012, 13:51
Congratulations!!!

mendoza82
21st September 2012, 14:14
congratulations to the both of you...

Ann1984
21st September 2012, 16:59
Wowee!! Congratulations Marco!!!

sars_notd_virus
21st September 2012, 17:06
Congratulations !!! :Jump:

stevewool
22nd September 2012, 08:30
congrats, seems like its going to be a great end of the year party for a few:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd September 2012, 08:43
Congratulations Marco!

Leen
22nd September 2012, 09:09
Congrats bigmarco and so happy for you and your wife :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:at last the loooooooooooooooooooong wait is over

bigmarco
22nd September 2012, 13:32
Great news.

It was jlags90 who posted about the credit card fiasco and the airline was Etihad.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37728-Do-You-Really-Want-To-Use-Etihad

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37931-From-PINAS-to-UK-A-Step-by-Step-Guide-for-FIRST-Time-Travellers-To-UK

I had a similar problem with Etihad. I wouldn't say don't fly with them, the flight was good and the prices were reasonable. Just the issue with the credit card malarkey, if you buy from them directly and don't use an agent.

Thanks Lastlid thats the one and thanks to everyone. Yes we have some celebrations in the next few months. Firstly our 1st wedding anniversary, my mums 93rd birthday, my 50th, my eldest daughters 21st and my youngest girls 19th and then Christmas. I hope Mrs O is in the mood to party.

--mark--
22nd September 2012, 14:18
Congratulations on your visa, we applied in 1st of june, so it looks like we have some way to go now

bigmarco
22nd September 2012, 14:22
Congratulations on your visa, we applied in 1st of june, so it looks like we have some way to go now

Perhaps not Mark as we did initially get refused. Good luck to you and I hope your not waiting for much longer.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

--mark--
23rd September 2012, 20:02
Thanks for the support and kind words, i hope we will get own visa first time our case worker says we have everything we need to stand a good chance.
own home paid for
some savings
long term job

if its not to forward can i ask what you were refused on the first time,

also i have been told that if we are refused and her visa is out of date due to the length of time it takes we can still applied again with in 28 days.

regards mark

bigmarco
23rd September 2012, 20:35
I was refused probably down to bad luck. We had a donkey reading our application and he chose to ignore some rather important supporting documents aswell as not read the application. We have the visa now and an apology from the embassy for their mis handling of our case and my solicitor is currently trying to recover our costs.
Not sure of your situation or what visa you have applied for. We had 28 days to appeal but I'm sure you will not need that. Be postive and dont forget to let us know the outcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:

songz777
23rd September 2012, 20:51
Well done for you both and I rejoice with you :)

--mark--
24th September 2012, 08:46
thanks Marco
i will let you know when we get our answer

not quite worked out how to send a private message yet.

regards
Mark

stevie c
24th September 2012, 09:03
thanks Marco

not quite worked out how to send a private message yet.

regards
Mark Hi mark welcome to the forum I see by your profile that you are from wickford Were from Essex not too far from you in tilbury anyway I'm sure you will receive all the help you need here & make many net friends here

lordna
24th September 2012, 12:17
congratulations to you both!....and enjoy the parties

Arthur Little
24th September 2012, 16:37
thanks Marco

not quite worked out how to send a *private message yet.

regards
Mark

:icon_sorry: Mark ... due to repeated misuses of the *PM system by a few unscrupulous former contributors, access to the Private Messaging facility is currently restricted to those who've attained what is referred to as 'Respected Member' status - denoted by their usernames appearing in red - and achievable through earning 'Reputation Points' (rather like "Brownie Points" in a sense) awarded for posting any information and/or material considered helpful to others.

However... once you have reached in excess of 15 posts ... you'll no longer be referred to as a 'Newbie', and will be able to send an ordinary message (consisting of up to - but not exceeding - 1,000 characters) to a fellow member by posting on that person's profile page. Meanwhile, I hope I've managed to give you some idea of how the system works. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mary1986
26th September 2012, 17:45
Hi Marco
I have been reading your threads and today my partner received the dreaded email saying ... Dear Applicant,

You may wish to be aware that your appeal paper has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities in the United Kingdom via diplomatic bag leaving Manila on 26/09/2012.
I noticed in you threads you received the same email, I was just wondering what happens next ? and what happened at your hearing? I am so happy that you and your wife have the visa now because I know the pain you had to go through.
best wishes
Mary

lykayu01
27th September 2012, 15:11
congratz bigmarco! :)

bigmarco
27th September 2012, 15:28
Hi Marco
I have been reading your threads and today my partner received the dreaded email saying ... Dear Applicant,

You may wish to be aware that your appeal paper has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities in the United Kingdom via diplomatic bag leaving Manila on 26/09/2012.
I noticed in you threads you received the same email, I was just wondering what happens next ? and what happened at your hearing? I am so happy that you and your wife have the visa now because I know the pain you had to go through.
best wishes
Mary

Hi Mary and welcome.
The papers will now be returned to HMCTS . The papers will include a pack a copy of which will be sent to you. This will contain the ECM's reasoning for upholding the refusal and will also contain the original application and copies of all supporting documents. HMCTS will forward a copy of this to you and your representative if you have nominated one. This will also include a date and place for the hearing.
Then its up to you and your partner. At this point I sought professional help and I'm very glad I did. The day before the scheduled hearing they contacted my solicitor and stated the hearing will not go ahead and they will issue the visa.
It's difficult to comment on your case without more details but I would recommend seeking some professional help.
I wish you well

Crampton
27th September 2012, 18:47
Brilliant Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
27th September 2012, 23:36
Huge congratulations and well done to you both Bigmarco on finally obtaining that elusive visa! I am sure that you must be counting the days now until your wife arrives and I wish you all much happiness in your new life together here in the UK :Jump: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
28th September 2012, 00:44
Congratulations to you both. Hope to be where you are in the future. :)

manilabong
28th September 2012, 11:01
This is indeed very very good news! Congrats to you and your wife, BigMarco! :Jump:

bigmarco
28th September 2012, 19:54
Thanks very much . She's on her way at this very moment:airline:

I cant wait.

marikistin
30th September 2012, 14:38
hi congratulations to you and your wife!!! i have read your threads on here and it was great news to hear that you finally made it:)

chieldave
30th September 2012, 15:03
hello bigmarco,i don't know but i'm a little bit teary eyed of this great news from you and your wifey,from the time of your application and refusal i read it and for the waiting of appeal,it must have been so hard for both of u,but now so glad for the great news you both got after all what you've been through...and i read from your latest post that wifey just arrived already there:Jump:...hearty congratulations:BouncyHappy: