PDA

View Full Version : Sending goods to the phillipines

cheekee
2nd October 2012, 21:06
Hi.

I just wondered if anyone can tell me if I sent goods to the Philippines, would my girlfriend have to pay customs fees to recieve it and if so, how much would it be.

Thanks guys.

stevewool
2nd October 2012, 21:28
depends on what you are sending,

cheekee
2nd October 2012, 22:10
Ok for example a mobile phone.

stevewool
2nd October 2012, 22:16
if you send it ie with dhl and then you have to put what its worth so when it gets to the phils they might pay tax on it, thats what happened to me the phone was not worth anything, but i had to put a cost down for insurance, it may be worth just sending cash by western uniuon so she could buy over there

sheriel
2nd October 2012, 22:21
Its cheaper sending some money,mobile Phones are very cheap in the Philippines,maybe 1500 Pesos,new,remember some cheap mobiles will not work in the Philippines,they have to be Triband,we have been there and done it,the phones did not work, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
2nd October 2012, 22:52
Will a quad band phone work over there ? I assume so if a triband one does.

stevewool
3rd October 2012, 06:17
yes a quad band works well over there, my old samsung when i took it over there just poped in a new sim card and worked wonders

rhaichard
3rd October 2012, 06:39
quad band work everywhere .. but make sure its unlocked for all the networks ...

cheekee
3rd October 2012, 17:28
Thanks everyone :)

Terpe
3rd October 2012, 19:09
Thanks everyone :)

Just my 2 centavos (better late than never)

I've always found it easier and cheaper to bring phones with me when I travel to Philippines. I see you'll be heading out soon, why not consider taking it with you ?
Courier service has it's benefits but at quite a significant cost.

As has already been mentioned though, mobile phones are very available in Philippines and a prices to suit anyone. Of course there could be a good reason to send or buy here in UK, but anyway just so you know.

Remember the phone charger plug may well be UK style and will need an adapter to fit the socket outlets. Very cheap out there but just another item to have
Good luck

bikeinbatangas
3rd October 2012, 20:14
just wondering why your gf doesnt have a phone already, as people have said, everyone and their dog has a cell phone over there as they are so cheap. how long have you known this girl and have you met her other than a few conversations online?
there are a lot of girls over there who very quickly claim to be girlfriends then start asking money for internet so you can talk to her or money for digital cameras so she can send you pictures, and the list goes on.

just be careful what you send and be aware that some girls in the philippines have several men on the go at once asking presents from them all or support. i've had my trust and good nature abused before and every dating site you find will have girls falling for you in 5 minutes but needing something from you.

they are a long way away and you don't know what they are getting up to as i have found to my cost. no offence but the alarm bells rang when you say your gf needs a phone, i never met anyone over there who doesnt have one. just take care and if you have suspicions they are probably with good reason. listen to instinct not your heart