PDA

View Full Version : is your heating on yet

stevewool
5th October 2012, 17:32
well i thought if i could last till october without the heating i would be happy, but how long can i go, still wearing shorts for work and around the house, windows open too, but am i pushing my luck, sometimes i have to go and fetch Ems socks for her because her feet are cold,

bigmarco
5th October 2012, 17:36
well i thought if i could last till october without the heating i would be happy, but how long can i go, still wearing shorts for work and around the house, windows open too, but am i pushing my luck, sometimes i have to go and fetch Ems socks for her because her feet are cold,

Yeah I was hoping that I could make it till the end of the month aswell. But with a newly arrived wife who's complaining its cold I dont think I'll last till then :biggrin:

stevewool
5th October 2012, 17:39
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: not a chance for you, Ems has got use to the weather here, she says is nice and cool and will never burn you, but she does look funny sitting on the sofa wearing a pompom hot:icon_lol:

imagine
5th October 2012, 17:39
im in shock, my heating hasn't been off since it broke down in dec 2011, and had to wait for parts for 4 weeks, other than that its been on almost continues since summer 2009

stevewool
5th October 2012, 17:46
im in shock, my heating hasn't been off since it broke down in dec 2011, and had to wait for parts for 4 weeks, other than that its been on almost continues since summer 2009

you are joking arent you

imagine
5th October 2012, 17:52
you are joking arent you

no:NoNo: not at all, only the warmest days has the heating been off for about 8 hours a time, i cant remember when the last time it used to get shut off for the summer time,
bear in mind it is colder here,and generally much colder than the weather reports,
also theres the fact that i have been long term sick from work since nov 2009, which doesnt give the heating a break during working hours

mickcant
5th October 2012, 18:21
I do not normally need any heating untill November:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Still with window open and no shirt on indoors, and sleep on top the bed covers becouse I am warm enough:icon_rolleyes:
Mick:wink:

gWaPito
5th October 2012, 18:25
no:NoNo: not at all, only the warmest days has the heating been off for about 8 hours a time, i cant remember when the last time it used to get shut off for the summer time,
bear in mind it is colder here,and generally much colder than the weather reports,
also theres the fact that i have been long term sick from work since nov 2009, which doesnt give the heating a break during working hours

Same for us stewart...the weather here is bad enough without having to endure a cold house ...that's the stuff of another time long gone...ours is set at plus 21 throughout..if it comes on it comes on be it July or December...just last night we turnt it up to plus 25 cause one of the boys has a cold ..not only that, its nice to look outside with the wind and rain doing its stuff while our nest is warm and toastie:)

We have few pleasures in life...having a warm house is one of them...:)

imagine
5th October 2012, 18:27
I do not normally need any heating untill November:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Still with window open and no shirt on indoors, and sleep on top the bed covers becouse I am warm enough:icon_rolleyes:
Mick:wink:

glad you spared on the detail :grosyeux: :laugher::laugher::laugher:

Jamesey
5th October 2012, 18:28
Ours has been on for a week, but my wife is still complaining about the cold. You'd think that after 10 years in this country, she's be used to it!

But she is pregnant so maybe that's go something to do with it!

imagine
5th October 2012, 18:35
We have few pleasures in life...having a warm house is one of them...:)

thats one thing i just wont go without,:xxgrinning--00xx3: and yes isn't it nice being cosy looking out at the wind and rain:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th October 2012, 18:41
Ours has been on for a week, but my wife is still complaining about the cold. You'd think that after 10 years in this country, she's be used to it!

But she is pregnant so maybe that's go something to do with it!

im sure i read somewhere that people born in a colder climate have more brown fat to keep the body temperature warmer, its passed down the bloodline, i first read about this when i heard far north scots have more brown fat than the english,
if this is correct , well poor philippina will realy feel the cold

stevewool
5th October 2012, 19:12
i am not tight, :NoNo: ok yes i am, but our home is a mid terrace so its warm all ready, i am sitting in my shorts and tee shirt all the time, even when friends stay over they bring there shorts too, i must admit i hate a hot house it gets to stuffy for me

Terpe
5th October 2012, 19:15
Got our heating on from time to time.
It gets cold in our small village :olddude:

stevewool
5th October 2012, 19:18
deepest darkest northamptonshire, :freezin::freezin::freezin:, it must be the devil in me that keeps me warm

Terpe
5th October 2012, 19:57
Whoah, where did :freezin: that come from? New smilie?

stevewool
5th October 2012, 20:02
this is me being warm:devil-smiley-029::36_1_26[1]:and you in northampton

Terpe
5th October 2012, 20:10
deepest darkest northamptonshire, :freezin::freezin::freezin:, it must be the devil in me that keeps me warm

Our village is so very deep in the very darkest and coldest corner of rural Northamptonshire it's scary
Ever seen that movie The Wickerman :grosyeux:

It's so cold here even the devil wants to borrow my overcoat! :biggrin::biggrin:

Terpe
5th October 2012, 20:13
It's so cold here ..................

I can use my nose drippings as chop sticks :biggrin:

stevewool
5th October 2012, 21:01
try living in derby then, even the farts freeze:icon_lol::icon_lol:

imagine
5th October 2012, 21:08
waaaaaahhhhhhhhh your all soft:yawn: try living around peterhead the bluetoon :Kilt::36_1_26[1]::Kilt:

Terpe
5th October 2012, 21:09
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
5th October 2012, 22:13
Heating not on yet. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Not necessary so far.

jake
6th October 2012, 03:17
Im just deciding whether its time to go from air con to fan!