PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee Visa...

jbryan86
8th October 2012, 21:42
quick question its regarding the application for fiancee visa does the documents I have to send has to be all originals? or can i scan it and use pdf files etc and send through e-mails?

stevewool
8th October 2012, 22:10
all originals and they have to be copied too

raynaputi
8th October 2012, 22:32
Like what Steve said, you should submit all originals to lessen the risk of refusals.

jbryan86
8th October 2012, 22:34
all originals and they have to be copied too

Thanks stevewool.. I'm going to ask another question and this is going to sound really stupid.. I mean i get the originals part but when you say photo copied do you mean i have to produce two folders to the ECO one originals and one photocopied? Also do i have to send my passport as well, Im a bit worried doing that to be honest with you, I mean i dont mind sending original bank statements, wage slips, P60 etc... but not too sure about the passport..Thanks again mate... thanks for taking time to reply I appreciate it..

raynaputi
8th October 2012, 22:39
You don't need to send the original passport as there's a risk of losing it. The ECO/ECM only needs a photocopy of your passport and the stamped pages, and you can ask for it to be signed by a solicitor to certify it's a true copy. All the original documents that you have must also be photocopied, so your fiancee needs to submit 2 sets of documents, originals and photocopy. VFS keeps all the photocopy and would return all the originals.

jbryan86
8th October 2012, 22:47
You don't need to send the original passport as there's a risk of losing it. The ECO/ECM only needs a photocopy of your passport and the stamped pages, and you can ask for it to be signed by a solicitor to certify it's a true copy. All the original documents that you have must also be photocopied, so your fiancee needs to submit 2 sets of documents, originals and photocopy. VFS keeps all the photocopy and would return all the originals.

Got it, thanks, it make sense now. appreciate your help and time. hopefully you'll be able to help me in the future if I need some more help (questions) as you know its going to be a long process applying for a fiancee visa. thanks again salamat po...