PDA

View Full Version : Visa preparations

blessed_ekim0826
9th October 2012, 15:12
Its almost a month now that we are preparing for my visa application. I will try a general visitor visa first and see how will it goes as i'm not sure with my docs coz of small ties in the country.

Here are the docs I have now.

PARTNER'S DOCUMENTS
• Photocopy of Passport with stamps and signed
• 6 months of pay slip
• Bank statements and certificate
• Sponsorship letter
• Employment letter
• Lease of contract and picture of his house
• P60 End of Year Certificate
• Proof of address(Utility bills and tax)
• Pension Paper
• Divorce Paper( not sure if I show this)

MY DOCUMENTS
• Original Passport and photocopy
• Bank Statements
• Employment letter(Working online to Canadian for over a year
now. No payslip and got small pay like 4k-6k a
month) This is scan only.
• Reference Letter(From my former boss that I worked for 3 yrs as
a cashier/encoder)

DOCUMENTS FROM US
• Chat logs, Emails and call cards.
• Hotel vouchers and itinerary receipts from our trip
• Pictures of us
• Bank receipts for money transfer

What do you think with my application preparation?
What kind of visa will u suggest if I get denied?
What do you think with my work and employment letter? Is it OK if its scan?
What do I need to write in part 9 of the form?

Hope you can help me guys. Pls dont hesitate to share any questions and suggestions.

Cheersxxxx

Terpe
9th October 2012, 21:32
Playing 'devils advocate' here, but what evidence do you have to convince the ECO that on the balance of probabilities you have more reasons to return home than to overstay in UK??

In terms of risks in application it's very low, both financially and in terms of subsequent settlement visas.

Too many general visit visa applications can give the impression you're desperate to get into UK

blessed_ekim0826
10th October 2012, 03:15
Can I convince the ECO through a letter from my partner, his kids, my family and employment letter?

blessed_ekim0826
10th October 2012, 04:11
Hi Sir Terpe, Is it possible to chat with you on skype?

stevewool
10th October 2012, 07:24
very hard to get a general visitor visa, its a cheap way but very few get one, and like terpe says what reasons have you to go back to the phils once you are here, ie land, job, family, so on, good luck

smileyangel
10th October 2012, 09:48
In my opinion, it is much safer for you if you go on settlement route than general visitor visa as you had a very low ties in the Philippines specially you will just submit a scanned copy of employment letter. It is a matter of convincing the visa people that you really intend to go back in the Philippines before your visa expires. When I applied for fiancee visa (visa marriage) I am unemployed, no business, no savings and yet I was granted the visa. But it's all up to you, it's just how I see it.
Goodluck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hellrachmiscala
10th October 2012, 12:27
In my opinion, it is much safer for you if you go on settlement route than general visitor visa as you had a very low ties in the Philippines specially you will just submit a scanned copy of employment letter. It is a matter of convincing the visa people that you really intend to go back in the Philippines before your visa expires. When I applied for fiancee visa (visa marriage) I am unemployed, no business, no savings and yet I was granted the visa. But it's all up to you, it's just how I see it.
Goodluck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi..im newbie here..i really need advice for getting a visa..my bf and i just meet once last sept 8...and we are planning to get a fiancee visa and the problem is we dont know where to start and how to start please help us

Terpe
10th October 2012, 13:33
hi..im newbie here..i really need advice for getting a visa..my bf and i just meet once last sept 8...and we are planning to get a fiancee visa and the problem is we dont know where to start and how to start please help us

As a first step please take a look a this forum guide How To Apply For A Fiance(e) Visa
(http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39869-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Fiance-Visa)

May I kindly suggest you start a new thread for any follow up questions on this as it just help to keep the various threads organised and avoid confusions.

Happy reading!

blessed_ekim0826
10th October 2012, 14:04
Is it OK not to show my bank statement and I will just show a bank certificate?This is the certification of bank.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/countries/philippines/bcvs-request-form.pdf?langname=UK%20English