PDA

View Full Version : Sending gadgets to Philippines

blessed_ekim0826
10th October 2012, 16:41
Hello guys,

Who have tried sending a gadget from UK to Philippines? Is it cheap? How much would it cost?

Terpe
10th October 2012, 23:55
Hello guys,

Who have tried sending a gadget from UK to Philippines? Is it cheap? How much would it cost?

How did you try ??

Probably the cheapest and easiest way is via Balikbayan Box.
Of course there will be some overiding restrictions depending on what stuff you want to send.
The Balikbayan box depends on volume, so there needs to be sufficient volume.
The courier route is very significantly more expensive and nore dependent on weight and specific contents.

Be aware that lithium batteries may have restrictions.

Let google be your friend :biggrin:

fred
11th October 2012, 03:16
Our Christmas BB box is on the way..Mum threw in a new Kindle for my daughter..Cant get them here.
Most gadgets can be purchased here though and it might be worth considering sending cash instead..
Just ask for a receipt for gadget purchases!!:biggrin:

stevewool
11th October 2012, 06:47
it might be worth considering sending cash instead..
Just ask for a receipt for gadget purchases!!:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

this is the best way, the other year what we sent well they said some stuff was broken did not work sort of thing, it was working just fine when it left, i think he just wanted a extra gift like cash from us, told him to give it back to me, it soon was working then

sars_notd_virus
11th October 2012, 16:50
Hello guys,

My husband did it once and it was costly DHL about £100 excluding customs tax....the cheapest way is to bring it with you when you go to the Philippines and have a holiday at the same time or just send them the money.