PDA

View Full Version : british born but filipino heritage waning to meet new filipinos

MC79
7th August 2007, 00:57
hey guys found this forum just now and i basically wanna meet filipinos to get to know more about the culture and espicially to brush up on my tagalog can anyone out there help me?

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 01:08
you will have a world of help here :D:D:D:D:D

tom

silver13
7th August 2007, 01:20
Hello MC79, Anong Pangalan mo? (What is your Name?) Kumusta ka na?(How are you?)

Yeah it's by befriending, talking and be able to mingle with filipinos that u know and understand our culture better. Welcome to the forum and have fun too:Hellooo:

Ingat ka palagi (Take care always)

Mich
7th August 2007, 03:15
:Hellooo: WELCOME, MC79 :Hellooo:

You'll have tons of help around here.

so many friendly people.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria_2300
7th August 2007, 10:36
Hi Maria, its me again Maricel. I do not mind helping you out with your Tagalog. I am going there hopefully on September or October. I sent you another email in the other thread. Read it and lets start from there...

pennybarry
7th August 2007, 16:48
I have CD to learn Tagalog. Will send you a copy if you're really interested

MC79
7th August 2007, 20:25
oh yes please that will be great

MC79
7th August 2007, 23:04
thanks guys im really liking this forum

silver13
10th August 2007, 00:45
Hello MC79, Anong Pangalan mo? (What is your Name?) Kumusta ka na?(How are you?)

Yeah it's by befriending, talking and be able to mingle with filipinos that u know and understand our culture better. Welcome to the forum and have fun too:Hellooo:

Ingat ka palagi (Take care always)

My turn now to say Hello and You are welcome (Walang Anuman) to the forum from Anilyn's future husband Paul :)

Would be nice to know your name, (MC79 sounds like a Rap Artist) :) and more about you!!! You can read all mine and Anilyn's posts by clicking on Silver13 name and read all posts :), same for all the others in here :)

Anilyn comes home to me 18th August 2007 so we can get married :) I Can't wait :)

Ingat, Take Care

Paul

gracia143
10th August 2007, 12:59
Si Paul talagang atat na atat haha! Joke lang po!

MC79
11th August 2007, 18:21
hello

hahahaha hhahhaa a rap artist!!!!! thats a first!!!! i was laughing so much when i read that comment! my real name is Maria i was born in London but my parents are filipino, i can totally understand everything they say in tagalog but its me speaking it..... sometimes i feel i cant speak it because it will sound wrong or the context of the sentence will be incorrect so i wanna learn it properly so i will get that confidence to speak it fluently.I live in berkshire and im in university at the moment.

silver13
14th August 2007, 00:24
hello

hahahaha hhahhaa a rap artist!!!!! thats a first!!!! i was laughing so much when i read that comment! my real name is Maria i was born in London but my parents are filipino, i can totally understand everything they say in tagalog but its me speaking it..... sometimes i feel i cant speak it because it will sound wrong or the context of the sentence will be incorrect so i wanna learn it properly so i will get that confidence to speak it fluently.I live in berkshire and im in university at the moment.

Welcome Maria, I have the same difficulty with English :) Been trying to understand it for 40 years and still no good at it, it's my bad grandma (Grammar) I try to learn Tagalog also but My grammar is that bad it gets in the way, but I can learn to speak Tagalog Parrot Fashion and the same with the writing :) Any deviation from that and i'm stuffed :)

Anilyn has a long way to go with teaching me, she will get a headache :)

Good luck with finding out about your culture and Language, there is a lot out there on the net!!!

Hi Gracy too Kumusta? :) Speak to you on IM one day :)

Glad You both liked the joke :)

Enjoy Life!!!!

Ingat

Paul

dada
14th August 2007, 11:17
maria, you sounds like my niece, although she's only 4yr,old,, she speaks tagalog and understand it very well,, she pronuounced it very fluently,,although she talks to us in TAGLISH way,,
but when she talks to english ppl she knows they cant cant understand it, so she speaks in english,,

her mom and her sisters and me , talk to her in tagalog,, so she really learned it,,its good to have 2 languages u can spaek,, and at least when u go to phils, you will fully aware what they talking about,! yeh ? lol,, hope u learn more and more, good luck !! xx

dada
14th August 2007, 11:22
01912377816 try that,,

dada
14th August 2007, 11:36
sorry ,, that number and my post went to wrong person,, sorry its not for u Maria,,soz

charlwill
14th August 2007, 11:46
Welcome Maria!!! Hope you'll learn quickly.