PDA

View Full Version : Help on Money Exchange from PhP to USD to send to Uk bank dollar account

Lois_Lane
21st October 2012, 18:54
Hello,

I need help. My husband and I invested our money (exchanged USD to PhP and invested in stocks) in the Philippines because of the booming economy. Now, we want to invest it here in UK or in Europe/US where we will profit or gain more money from it. I am looking to exchange a large amount of money in PhP (Philippine Peso) into USD and transfer the money to our UK bank dollar account.

My local bank in the Philippines wouldn't exchange larger than 10k USD because of anti-money laundering law. So they advised me to approach a money changer to do this. The money changer I talked to while I was in the Philippines, agreed to exchange money with me but I backed out that time because they wanted to go to my bank with me, they will deposit the USD equivalent to my dollar account and I will withdraw cash from my peso savings account. My bank says, it will take 3 days to verify that all the USD bills are authentic and so I felt vulnerable because I don't personally know the owner of the money changer. My bank said that if someone has a dollar account and transfer money to my dollar account, no need to take 3 days for money to be credited to my dollar account. So, I'm looking for a money changer or a company or individual who will exchange money with me (USD for PhP) and will do bank transfer of USD money to me.

If anybody know anyone or company or money changer that does this, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Terpe
21st October 2012, 21:03
Your best bet is to talk to an international bank that has branches in Philippines.
I would suggest HSBC but only because we use their facilities quite often between UK and Philippines and for different currencies.

I'm surprised you've already had issues, but HSBC will be able to assist you.

Are you convinced that investments opportunities in UK and Europe are the direction to move to? Just be very careful.

Lois_Lane
23rd October 2012, 11:27
Thanks Terpe. I don't have an account with HSBC. It's a law here that banks shouldn't sell usd for more than 10k (12k?) to an individual. USD 10k for a month max as far as i remember. That's why I am looking to find another alternative.

Yes, my husband and I are convinced that our money will be profitable here in UK/Europe/US. We are very grateful to have found a great mentor guiding us on this. Thank you Lord. :-)

Terpe
23rd October 2012, 14:24
Have an informal chat with HSBC. They can do it.
Maybe worth opening an account if there's no other way.