PDA

View Full Version : Letter to the Editor: Outsourced and out of patience

joebloggs
26th October 2012, 07:00
:cwm3: one angry customer :xxparty-smiley-004:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/opinions/175913261_Letter_to_the_Editor__Outsourced_and_out_of_patience.html

Terpe
26th October 2012, 07:47
I think it's a common issue.
Certainly I've had similar horror stories with contact centres in India.
I had a long ongoing issue with BT (contact centre India) :censored:

lastlid
26th October 2012, 08:08
I find that with a lot of them I have to spell absolutely everything out in radio call sign phonetics as in:

Lima Alpha Sierra Tango Lima India Delta.

Takes forever. Not funny. Dont have to do this with Brits on the end of the line.

Dedworth
26th October 2012, 09:20
I think it's a common issue.
Certainly I've had similar horror stories with contact centres in India.
I had a long ongoing issue with BT (contact centre India) :censored:

I had an issue with BT about 6 years ago over a couple of business lines that was getting totally beyond my control. I ended up getting the email address of then CEO Ben Verwaayen and telling him my tale of woe - this guy replied personally at about 10pm on a Sunday night, promised to pass the matter to his high level complaints bods - issue was sorted out within days with a couple of hundred pounds compensation to boot. I'd never again consider leaving BT for one of these cowboy virtual/piggy back telecoms outfits like Sky, TalkTalk etc

Terpe
26th October 2012, 10:10
I had an issue with BT about 6 years ago over a couple of business lines that was getting totally beyond my control. I ended up getting the email address of then CEO Ben Verwaayen and telling him my tale of woe - this guy replied personally at about 10pm on a Sunday night, promised to pass the matter to his high level complaints bods - issue was sorted out within days with a couple of hundred pounds compensation to boot. I'd never again consider leaving BT for one of these cowboy virtual/piggy back telecoms outfits like Sky, TalkTalk etc

Yes, similar for me. I managed to get hold of contact details of someone here in UK and got my issue sorted out after a few weeks.
I was told lies by the contact centre and when I asked the UK folks to check out my 'record' on the contact centre system so they could see just what was going on, they informed me there was no record of me ever calling!!
(well except it was clearly shown on my phone bill when, who and for how long)