PDA

View Full Version : who holds the purse strings

stevewool
26th October 2012, 07:07
you have both got bank accounts, some may even have a joint account, but who holds the purse strings,at first you earn the money so its all in your bank , its hard earned so you save and try to enjoy it also, but what happens when you are both earning, yes it goes into both accounts and both try to save , but what happens when one may want the best of this and that and maybe also everything within reason, and all you see is save save save. Sharing is the answer many may say but does that include sharing the cost of living our is it just give me say £100 a month for savings and bills and i pay the rest and all the rest you earn is yours, with me if i can save i will, but still spend when i have too,whats yours

RickyR
26th October 2012, 09:46
All income into our household is considered joint, we have several accounts and one of them is the joint day to day spending account which we transfer an agreed amount into on the 1st of the month.

I generally deal with our finances, but we discuss everything together.

fred
26th October 2012, 11:23
Actually Steve.. No comment.
whilst Im in such a good mood!

tiger31
26th October 2012, 13:47
my gf has control of my cards as i,m a spender and she,s a saver lol my outlook on life is why save money is no use if your dead spend it while your alive lol g f dissagrees you need some for a rainy day lol

jlags90
26th October 2012, 14:57
As of the moment husband holds the purse and I hold the string... Hahaha!
Seriously since I do not have a job (not allowed to work) at the moment, I contribute nothing to the family's finances, apart from spending less.:cwm25: But we have worked out how we will be doing it, which is more like Steve and Em's arrangement. Once I get a job (which might be impossible), I am going to contribute a percentage of my wage to the total cost of the household bills (mortgage, electricity/gas, tv license, water, council tax, foods.. and so on) depending on how much we earn.

For Example: If monthly household expenses costs: 800 quid
And husband is earning - 2,000 quid
and I am earning - 800 quid (not so ambitious :biggrin:)
I would be transferring money to his bank acct (where all payments are directly debited) about 232 quid. He pays the rest.:biggrin: And I keep what's left in my own wallet (out of his reach!)

Never mind my calculations -- I am just trying to figure out if my brain is not frozen.:icon_lol:

stevewool
26th October 2012, 20:08
Actually Steve.. No comment.
whilst Im in such a good mood!

and what puts you in such a good mood Fred

sars_notd_virus
27th October 2012, 00:02
who holds the purse strings

obviously its me...but my husband gets his allowance to buy me my shoes, handbags and chocolates.:wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
27th October 2012, 02:38
who holds the purse strings

obviously its me...but my husband gets his allowance to buy me my shoes, handbags and chocolates.:wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:hahaha nice one typical woman lol

malditako
27th October 2012, 12:31
steve do i need to tell you what me and hubbys arrangements?..lol i bet you actually know. ours is joint account and i've got full access to that ( got my own debit card, cheque, online banking pin etc.). I do our food shopping, paying bills...so basically my husband is the worker and i am the spender lol. Though he checks our in and out and sometimes i got told off :icon_lol: I am free to buy whatever i want and so he is...but if we want expensive things for ourselves we discuss it first and wait for each of ones go signal :)

ynwa
27th October 2012, 13:01
me and my husband has separate bank accounts. He pay house bills since he earn more than i do and I pay for food. The rest is savings. When we want to buy stuffs for the house we put half each.
My mother in law is very generous giving us all the time and we put it towards each others savings.