PDA

View Full Version : Visa decision

mark0971
26th October 2012, 16:27
Hi all. Looking for some information please. Firstly im a 1st time user so please be kind! My fiance got an email today from VFS philippines which stated "A decision on your visa application ref *** has been made by the British embassy. Your application has been received at the uk visa application centre and is ready for collection. What does this mean, has the visa been granted or declined? I logged onto the vfs website and the status says " processed application returned to courier. Is this the normal way to be advised? Thanks guys n gals for any advise here.

jlags90
26th October 2012, 17:00
Hi Mark0971. You are new so I should be kind and gentle. Hehehe!
As far as I know, it is an automated message from VFS. You wouldn't know if the visa is granted or declined until your fiancee have her passport at hand. If it is granted (which we hope is -- fingers crossed) a visa will be stamped, if it is refused a letter of refusal will also be included. It is a normal communication from VFS as part of their VIP Premium Service.

lastlid
26th October 2012, 17:14
Hi all. Looking for some information please. Firstly im a 1st time user so please be kind! My fiance got an email today from VFS philippines which stated "A decision on your visa application ref *** has been made by the British embassy. Your application has been received at the uk visa application centre and is ready for collection. What does this mean, has the visa been granted or declined? I logged onto the vfs website and the status says " processed application returned to courier. Is this the normal way to be advised? Thanks guys n gals for any advise here.

It means they have reached a decision. Fullstop. Sometimes UKBA send out an email to say that the visa is ready for collection and sometimes they dont. We didn't get such a message from the UKBA but we still got the visa.

mark0971
26th October 2012, 18:13
Thank you very much for your posts. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed over the next few days until the verdict is delivered. You have been most kind.

bigmarco
27th October 2012, 02:35
Welcome to the forum Mark :Hellooo:
I hope it's a positive result for you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark0971
27th October 2012, 10:36
Thanks Bigmarco for your support. I will continue to be positive and will let you all know what the outcome will be. :Kilt:

melovesengland
27th October 2012, 12:52

Welcome to the forum, Mark! Hope it goes all well.:Wave::Wave: Goodluck!

stevie c
27th October 2012, 15:39
Hi mark welcome to our great forum I'm sure everyone here is rooting for a positive result good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark0971
27th October 2012, 16:02
Hi, thanks for the welcome to the forum. Im sure I will receive all the support from you all.:Kilt:

Rhose
27th October 2012, 16:24
hello mark :Hellooo: welcome to the forum!! :) think of positive result...:)

MissAna
27th October 2012, 18:32
goodluck :smile:

andy222
27th October 2012, 19:16
Fingers crossed for you.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th October 2012, 11:50
Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark0971
30th October 2012, 19:44
Hi all just a quick update. My fiancee will be travelling to get the documents as they are ready to be collected. Hope the weather changes as she has been hit with storms since Monday. Fingers crossed she will manage to get there tomorrow so we can find out the decision. Will keep you all posted. :Kilt:

Andrew1971
30th October 2012, 19:57
Hello Mark0971:smile:
I hope that You'll celebrate tomorrow :smile:
We all waiting for update.
Take care:smile:

Marie
30th October 2012, 21:11
Good Luck Mark0971...

Terpe
30th October 2012, 21:59
Hi all just a quick update. My fiancee will be travelling to get the documents as they are ready to be collected. Hope the weather changes as she has been hit with storms since Monday. Fingers crossed she will manage to get there tomorrow so we can find out the decision. Will keep you all posted. :Kilt:

Our prayers are with you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark0971
31st October 2012, 08:10
Hi all. Got an email when i woke and my fiancee will not be travelling until Saturday now, ferry tickets booked. Oh well whats a few more days when you are in love. Sorry i cannot give you any news yet. :Kilt:

jlags90
31st October 2012, 12:33
Hi all. Got an email when i woke and my fiancee will not be travelling until Saturday now, ferry tickets booked. Oh well whats a few more days when you are in love. Sorry i cannot give you any news yet. :Kilt:

Hi Mark, I was just wondering: did your gf not avail for the VIP Premium Service? Because as you said in your first post, when you logged in to VFS website - it said processed application: returned to courier.

shandylove
31st October 2012, 13:09
welcome here mark... hope everything will be alright, have faith :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark0971
31st October 2012, 19:57
Hello. I dont think she went for the Premium service but I could be totally wrong! I will ask her later on. thanks.
:Kilt:

melovesengland
31st October 2012, 20:51
Hi Mark, I was just wondering: did your gf not avail for the VIP Premium Service? Because as you said in your first post, when you logged in to VFS website - it said processed application: returned to courier.

In VIP Premium Service, you can choose either you want your docus to be returned by a courier or you, yourself can pick the docus up in VFS. I have used VIP on my applications but I prefer to pick my docus in VFS, I love the feeling of receiving it directly from the staffs. Crazy, innit? :icon_lol:

You can also pay for a courier even if you arent using their VIP service. Extra fee though. :)

To Mark 0971, Im hoping for the best for you and your partner. :Wave:

GraceAdam
3rd November 2012, 15:59
aww God bless and I hope that it's a good news for the both of you :) x

mark0971
3rd November 2012, 17:11
Hi all. Have to wait till Monday now as the weather has turned for the worse. Whats a few more days, eh! Will keep you all updated. My nails are getting shorter by the day.

mark0971
5th November 2012, 19:37
Hi everyone. My fiancee got the decision today and guess what it has been approved. Yee-ha. Im over the moon. What are the next steps? Will she need to do anthing else? Thanks again for any help and support.

melovesengland
5th November 2012, 19:47
Hi everyone. My fiancee got the decision today and guess what it has been approved. Yee-ha. Im over the moon. What are the next steps? Will she need to do anthing else? Thanks again for any help and support.

She needs to attend CFO guidance counselling and obtain a CFO sticker before she will leave Philippines. She needs that for her exit.

Visit this link for more details and search threads bout CFO guidance counselling and sticker.
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Congrats by the way and well done!

mark0971
5th November 2012, 19:58
Cheers my dear and thanks for the info, very much appreciated.
:Jump:

stevie c
5th November 2012, 19:59
Congratulations mark another positive visa result :Jump: It may be a good idea to have Your fiancé to have a chest X-ray to show when she arrives at the airport in the uk...it is not always asked for but if it is asked for then your fiancé has it to show it saves any hassles later on IMO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th November 2012, 20:39
Congratulations to you and your lady, also welcome to the forum Mark.

Terpe
5th November 2012, 20:42

Well done and many congratulations to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jlags90
6th November 2012, 13:49
Good news!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations:biggrin:

Andrew1971
6th November 2012, 14:06
She needs to attend CFO guidance counselling and obtain a CFO sticker before she will leave Philippines. She needs that for her exit.

Visit this link for more details and search threads bout CFO guidance counselling and sticker.
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Congrats by the way and well done!

First congratulatiion to Mark and his fiance :-)

Hello Melovesengland:smile:
My wife is waiting for documents,we dont know for sure yet if She have visa,but I've question about that CFO sticker,I know that She need to have course which last for about 4 hours and after that course She need to get that sticker into He passport.Im wonder if She can do that in one day? Can She get that sticker after end of that 4 hours course? Is it in the same building? Im asking that question,because She is from Davao-Pantukan so She need to fly there and stay through the night and then go back to Davao.Im wonder if You can help us with our question,thank You in advance :smile::smile::smile:

Marie
6th November 2012, 14:07
congratulations.....

melovesengland
6th November 2012, 14:19
First congratulatiion to Mark and his fiance :-)

Hello Melovesengland:smile:
My wife is waiting for documents,we dont know for sure yet if She have visa,but I've question about that CFO sticker,I know that She need to have course which last for about 4 hours and after that course She need to get that sticker into He passport.Im wonder if She can do that in one day? Can She get that sticker after end of that 4 hours course? Is it in the same building? Im asking that question,because She is from Davao-Pantukan so She need to fly there and stay through the night and then go back to Davao.Im wonder if You can help us with our question,thank You in advance :smile::smile::smile:

Hiya andrew!

Yes, I am pretty suire that she can do both in one day. I aint sure bout if she gets the sticker in the same building as I went into SMEF-COW for my CFO which was a one stop processing centre (which is closed now).

I am from Davao too. What I have done before was we booked my ticket to London for saturday then I flew to Manila on a thursday, stayed in a hotel near SMEF-COW and done my CFO on a friday. I then flew to London via etihad on that Saturday.

Try to visit the CFO website for the schedule and wait for your passport first to arrive with the VALID VISA on it. :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Andrew1971
6th November 2012, 14:35
Hiya andrew!

Yes, I am pretty suire that she can do both in one day. I aint sure bout if she gets the sticker in the same building as I went into SMEF-COW for my CFO which was a one stop processing centre (which is closed now).

I am from Davao too. What I have done before was we booked my ticket to London for saturday then I flew to Manila on a thursday, stayed in a hotel near SMEF-COW and done my CFO on a friday. I then flew to London via etihad on that Saturday.

Try to visit the CFO website for the schedule and wait for your passport first to arrive with the VALID VISA on it. :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank You so much for Your effort and information :smile:
Yes,You are right we should wait for visa first..ahhh we're cant wait to be together :-)
Yes,thats good idea that She can go to Manila and after geting sticker She can fly to Londonw,I was even thinking that..lets see what She will think about it :-)
I visit Philippines 3 times and I stayed at my wife home in Pantukan-Lahi,by the main road between Tagum and Pantukan.Last time I travel Etihad too,We went to Crocodile Park in Davao and we walk through kind of Chinese Town.We often did our shoping in Tagum..wet market,I like green bike for travel.
Once again thank You :-)

melovesengland
6th November 2012, 17:30
Thank You so much for Your effort and information :smile:
Yes,You are right we should wait for visa first..ahhh we're cant wait to be together :-)
Yes,thats good idea that She can go to Manila and after geting sticker She can fly to Londonw,I was even thinking that..lets see what She will think about it :-)
I visit Philippines 3 times and I stayed at my wife home in Pantukan-Lahi,by the main road between Tagum and Pantukan.Last time I travel Etihad too,We went to Crocodile Park in Davao and we walk through kind of Chinese Town.We often did our shoping in Tagum..wet market,I like green bike for travel.
Once again thank You :-)

Yes, better wait for the visa first then go forward. Its a nice thinking though, its good to have a plan. Thats gives you something to look forward to.

Your welcome andrew. Its my pleasure to help. Good you enjoyed Davao. :):Wave:

Arthur Little
6th November 2012, 20:02

Mark ... Congratulations to you and your fiancee on a job well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark0971
7th November 2012, 20:23
Thank you my good man.
:smile:

andy222
7th November 2012, 23:27
Great news congrats. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
7th November 2012, 23:35
I have read on this forum that it can be a bit risky attempting to get the CFO sticker and flight on the same day.

Also, foe example, my wife attended the SMEF COW in Manila with 3 others. 2 of them had to go back for another visit as they didn't have their hubbies divorce papers with them.

Getting the CFO sticker(s) on the planned day isn't necessarily a foregone conclusion, evidently.

Arthur Little
8th November 2012, 17:10
:icon_sorry:, Mark ... a belated :welcomex: from me; it seems you joined when I was on holiday! And you a fellow :Kilt:, too!!

melovesengland
8th November 2012, 17:33
I have read on this forum that it can be a bit risky attempting to get the CFO sticker and flight on the same day.

Also, foe example, my wife attended the SMEF COW in Manila with 3 others. 2 of them had to go back for another visit as they didn't have their hubbies divorce papers with them.

Getting the CFO sticker(s) on the planned day isn't necessarily a foregone conclusion, evidently.

Yes, your right Lastlid. It can be very risky and it needs to be planned. Limited slots and first come first serve basis in the main CFO office now.

Ive done it in a day as I dont have any minor issues on my side and on my husbands side which makes me a bit lucky to do it all in one day. :Jump::biggrin:

Rory
10th November 2012, 14:07
Great news. :xxgrinning--00xx3: