PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea v Man utd

les_taxi
28th October 2012, 13:02
A draw likely I predict
Put my money where my mouth is and gone for 3-3:icon_lol:
United can score easily but concede just as easy so why not?
Lestaxi is registered as a charity lol

KeithD
28th October 2012, 14:05
I wouldn't bet on this match but I'm hoping it's a draw :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
28th October 2012, 14:38
Well it's costing me nothing really as Betfred gave me a free fiver:biggrin:

Dedworth
28th October 2012, 19:23
Crappenburg is an absolute disgrace not fit to ref a Sunday morning under 8's game :cwm23:

les_taxi
28th October 2012, 19:31
I'm keeping quiet:icon_lol:

lastlid
28th October 2012, 19:44
:icon_lol:

Jamesey
28th October 2012, 20:05
Great match..... until it was ruined by the two sending offs.

It's tough for referees though. Ivanovich's was a harsh decision, but probably correct to the letter of the law. Torres looked like he dived, but the replay showed a bit of contact.

I'm all for cracking down on diving, but in this case to decision was incorrect. But it was hard to see the contact, even with the aid of a slow motion replay.

lastlid
28th October 2012, 20:07
:laugher:

KeithD
28th October 2012, 20:20
If any doubt exists that it wasn't a dive then it can not be given as a dive, so the ref has to be 100% certain.

Neville dived in the Liverpool match and I'd love to have been a fly on the wall with him & the boss :icon_lol:

ManU get a winning goal that was offside, and Liverpool get a perfectly good winning goal nulled by a blind linesman :doh

It takes 2-3 mins to kick-off again, so what it the problem with a review of all goals that only takes about 60 seconds? :Erm:

les_taxi
28th October 2012, 21:18
Liverpool keep getting robbed-how ironic:icon_lol:

bigmarco
29th October 2012, 02:05
Ferguson proved why he is the best in the business.
The Tactical switch from Howard Webb to Clattenberg proved decisive :icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
29th October 2012, 10:00
Ferguson proved why he is the best in the business.
The Tactical switch from Howard Webb to Clattenberg proved decisive :icon_lol::icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th October 2012, 10:14
Liverpool keep getting robbed-how ironic:icon_lol:

I'm pretty sure if the ref hadn't have sent Torres off in the Chelsea match the result would have finished 3-3 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
29th October 2012, 20:00
Great article from the Daily Mail, for a change.

Torres dived! Chelsea striker deserved to see red for going to ground, insists Evans

'We don't care. We win. We have the three points, that's the only thing on my mind,' the Mexican said. 'For some people it will be be very controversial and for other people it won't.
'We're very happy because we get the three points.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2224455/Chelsea-v-Manchester-United-Fernando-Torres-dived-says-Jonny-Evans.html#ixzz2AiWYuJdE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

les_taxi
29th October 2012, 21:41
I'm pretty sure if the ref hadn't have sent Torres off in the Chelsea match the result would have finished 3-3 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Me too cost me my bet I reckon!

lastlid
29th October 2012, 21:46
Me too cost me my bet I reckon!

Which would you have preferred? 2-3 or 3-3 ? :biggrin:

Dedworth
29th October 2012, 21:59
I knew he had some murky history - here's a bit about Clattenberg. Threatening emails, racks up business debts then walks away

Top referee Mark Clattenburg was suspended after allegations he had sent an email
threatening the family of a business associate, it can be revealed.

Clattenburg, 33, was dramatically dropped from refereeing last month’s Community Shield clash at Wembley just hours after the FA and the PGMOL, the referees’ professional body, were alerted to the accusation. He has been suspended ever since.

Sportsmail can reveal that an investigation into Clattenburg has centred not only on his personal life, but also on business debts of almost £175,000 he is alleged to have run up in recent months.

A business associate involved in a legal dispute with Clattenburg, who runs his own electrical business, tipped off the football authorities after receiving an email which he deemed to be threatening.

Asked if he was convinced he would be proved innocent and would return to football, Clattenburg said: ‘ I would hope so. You don’t know, do you? You can’t guarantee anything. I can’t guarantee what’s going to happen tomorrow, I can’t guarantee what’s going to happen the next day.

‘At the end of the day, the truth will come out.’

The email at the centre of the storm read: ‘You are missing the bigger picture. Check you can use our companies (sic) money to fund your legal crusade against me. If not, taking me to court might cause your family some pain.’

The recipient then forwarded it to a lawyer with the firm Eversheds - they were already investigating Clattenburg’s alleged debts - on August 7 and within three hours the FA and PGMOL announced the referee’s immediate suspension, pending an investigation of his alleged debts.

It is understood they felt forced to act after seeing not only the email but also receiving an anonymous letter highlighting other allegations relating to Clattenburg’s personal life.

Clattenburg, rated as one of the best young officials in the game, missed the Manchester United v Portsmouth fixture on August 10 and, as the investigation into Clattenburg continued, a computer he once used for work relating to his electrical business was seized. The machine is currently being forensically examined by Eversheds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1063047/EXPOSED-Here-8217-s-ref-Mark-Clattenburg-banned.html#ixzz2AiwCTpDs

Scum of the earth :angry:

les_taxi
29th October 2012, 22:04
Which would you have preferred? 2-3 or 3-3 ? :biggrin:
I had a fiver at 40/1 on 3-3