PDA

View Full Version : UST honor grad stabbed 49 times; 2 suspects nabbed

lastlid
2nd November 2012, 20:09
CAVITE, Philippines – "Police yesterday arrested the two suspects in the brutal killing of a University of Santo Tomas (UST) coed in Bacoor on Wednesday.

The suspects were identified as Rolin Gacita, 27, and his brother Roel, 24, both residents of Molino 3 in Bacoor.

Police said the brothers were identified by witnesses as the suspects in the killing of 20-year-old Cyrish Magalang, of Barangay Molino 3.

Magalang was found dead on Wednesday in a vacant lot in Gawaran Heights, Molino 7. The victim was hogtied and had 49 stab wounds. Her head was smashed almost beyond recognition.

Initial reports said the victim had been raped before she was killed, but police later said the suspects killed her when she resisted.

Magalang, a cum laude graduate from the College of Tourism and Hospitality Management in UST, was last seen riding a tricycle driven by Roel after buying puto bungbong, a native rice cake."

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=866233&publicationSubCategoryId=63

Terpe
2nd November 2012, 20:19
[QUOTE]....Rolin later admitted killing Magalang by stabbing her but denied raping the victim......

....Rolin claimed he was confused and distraught after having an argument with his wife......

....“I was drunk and took some drugs which is why I committed the crime,” he told reporters.....

....“I am sorry for what I did. I am asking for forgiveness from the family. I will accept any punishment for what I did, all I ask is forgiveness,” Rolin said......

......“They admitted that they were under the influence of drugs and lost control of themselves......[QUOTE]

Wrong place, wrong time.
Sadly it happens.
What a world eh.

Dedworth
2nd November 2012, 20:24
Once again drugs are the cause - there should be a mandatory death penalty for dealers and those in possession of dealable quantities

lastlid
2nd November 2012, 20:24
This was close to where my wife lives / lived. She used to pass through that way each day going to her university.

Also near Fred's place, I believe.

Terpe
2nd November 2012, 20:31
Once again drugs are the cause - there should be a mandatory death penalty for dealers and those in possession of dealable quantities

Based on personal experience, I'll never oppose that view.

lastlid
3rd November 2012, 15:20
"As part of its Asia series, People & Power investigates the use of shabu - a pure and potent form of amphetamine - in the Philippines.
Filmmaker Martin Butler travelled to the Philippines to investigate the impact the drug is having on communities there. He visited shabu dens in some of the country's poorest slums and spoke to those who use it and deal in it as well as those fighting a losing battle to stamp it out."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2007/11/2008525172533456480.html