PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice? About Family Visit Visa...

Qwerty55555
14th November 2012, 16:09
Greetings,

I'm newbie here and I need advice for those who is knowlegable and who applied same visa like me which is Family Visit Visa for 6 months

I applied and give my documents in VFS last October 26, 2012 thats friday. But until now I didn't recieve any updates from VFS about my visa application status. I've read some forum that if it take too long it is more like denied. Is it true?

I'm just nervous about my Visa Application coz I'm UNEMPLOYED right now coz I just graduated college last October 2012. I applied a UK Visa coz this is my mom graduation gift to me which is indicated to my Mom invitation letter.

Documents that I give to VFS are as follows;

*ME:
Application Form
Passport
Birth Certificate
Baptisimal Certificate
NBI Clearance
Copy of my Postal ID
Original copy of Bank Certificate and Bank Statement
Copy of my Passbook

*MOTHER:
Invitation Letter
Copy of Passport
Copy of UK Visa ( Leave to Remain )
Original copy of Bank Statement
Original copy of Transaction sending me money (reciept)

*EMPLOYER of my MOTHER:
Invitation Letter stating that I can stay with his house and free food.
Copy of Passport

Any advice? Coz I'm very nervous about my visa application I don't have enough proof to go back here in Philippines. I just want to go in London for Christmas Holiday to be with my mom.

Thank you and Godbless. xoxo

Qwerty55555
14th November 2012, 16:23
BTW I applied a one month in my visa application. Coz I'm planning to find a job when I got back here in Philippines on January 2013.

jane2009
14th November 2012, 17:47
Hi there,
I doubt if is true that when it takes too long it's denied...My sister applied last may it only takes 3 days but it was denied....Well she applied again 22nd of last month but still we dont have any news, Aside from the embassy called her employer and ask some questioned yesterday..So to be honest we dont what will be the result..fingers cross...goodluck

melovesengland
14th November 2012, 17:51
Hi there,
I doubt if is true that when it takes too long it's denied...My sister applied last may it only takes 3 days but it was denied....Well she applied again last 22nd of this month but still we dont have any news, Aside from the embassy called her employer and ask some questioned yesterday..So to be honest we dont what will be the result..fingers cross...goodluck

There is no timeframe on visa decision. All you can do is wait for the result to come out. Visa applications can be such a waiting game so you might wait a little bit more.

jane2009
14th November 2012, 18:06
There is no timeframe on visa decision. All you can do is wait for the result to come out. Visa applications can be such a waiting game so you might wait a little bit more.

I know about that! Expect the unexpected...

Qwerty55555
14th November 2012, 18:10
Oh I'm sorry for that. So I need to wait for the result. I'm hoping for a positive. Goodluck too.

Qwerty55555
14th November 2012, 18:13
Oh thank you guys for your replys.

BUT how about the documents that I've pass to VFS? What can you say?

Sorry I'm just very nervous about my visa application.

melovesengland
14th November 2012, 20:18
I know about that! Expect the unexpected...

Good thing you already know. :cwm3::Erm:

jane2009
14th November 2012, 20:54
Good thing you already know. :cwm3::Erm:

I'm aware about that sometimes it takes awhile... just asking some of the members experience in here, since i didn't apply mind in british manila embassy....that's all xx

vernier caliper
21st November 2012, 21:03
*MOTHER:
Invitation Letter
Copy of Passport
Copy of UK Visa ( Leave to Remain )

Qwerty, im afraid about your application. As per the UKBA Family Visitor Requirement, the family member you are visiting MUST be a British Citizen or Settled in the UK. I think your Mum is neither British Citizen nor Settled in the UK since she has Leave to Remain visa only. Stay optimistic, don't lose hope. Best of luck dear.

raynaputi
23rd November 2012, 22:14
Qwerty, im afraid about your application. As per the UKBA Family Visitor Requirement, the family member you are visiting MUST be a British Citizen or Settled in the UK. I think your Mum is neither British Citizen nor Settled in the UK since she has Leave to Remain visa only. Stay optimistic, don't lose hope. Best of luck dear.

When we sponsored my uncle for a family visit visa, I was holding a Fiancee Visa and his family visit visa was approved. If Qwerty can show proofs that she will return to the Philippines, her mother's current visa won't be an issue.

vernier caliper
24th November 2012, 01:02
When we sponsored my uncle for a family visit visa, I was holding a Fiancee Visa and his family visit visa was approved.
UKBA says "To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:

spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;

grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;

spouse or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister;

son or daughter's spouse or civil partner;

stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or

a person you have been living with in a genuine and subsisting relationship, like marriage or civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply.

If you want to visit a family member who is NOT LISTED ABOVE, you should come to the UK as a GENERAL VISITOR."

I therefore considered UNCLE as General Visitor and not a Family Visitor.

Anyway, rules are always complicated. It's how we filled the application form and how we presented the evidence that matters most:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

raynaputi
24th November 2012, 01:31
He got the Family visit visa..probably it's because the rules haven't changed that time..he was supposed to go to our wedding last March, but he never went anyway as there was a family problem that happened. Anyway, what I was saying above is that we were able to sponsor my uncle even if I was only on Fiancee visa. But the main point is, it's the proof submitted that the OP would return to Philippines that would matter. If the ECO won't believe the OP would return, the visa won't be approved.

wozmj
26th November 2012, 00:08
hi all ,just a quick one im hoping to have my mother in law over here ,but what sponsor form do i need to send to her ? thnx if you can help